The Crosby Group Employee Reviews

No Way. Stay Away!! Jacksonville
Machinist/Toolmaker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARFebruary 2, 2019
I currently work at Crosby in machine shop. My boss used to work at a local ammunition plant and was ran off from there.I see why.. He is an engineer and ran a lot of people off from his lonoke job. I should have never came here. I am currently looking for a job to get away from here. Hot and cold. Look at the building or read the other jacksonville ,ar reviews.
Pros
NO Overtime!!!
Cons
They are slave drivers.
Sad, sad place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 1, 2019
..you will be forced to do the right thing short term and get “laid-off” or just do want they want which makes you choose between doing the right thing or unemployment. This is not my opinion but fact.
Pros
You’re laid-off” pretty quick. Within a few months my whole interview panel was gone...
Cons
laws and regulations do not apply to this company.
Great initiative, poor execution
Employee (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARNovember 15, 2018
They talk a big game, but rarely follow through. The lack of communication and leadership will be their downfall... not enough personnel on site to complete the tasks given.
Many changes have forced Crosby to change for the worst.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 30, 2018
I work remotely, so I start my day early around 6:30 AM to catch up on emails and set up trainings for the next 3 months, these are also end user visits. I make conference calls with up to 3 Sales People in my territory.

I follow up on any sales and also on time delivery and any other issues that may come up. Unfortunately my time has been flooded with QC issues, long delivery times and constant changes.

I am out of the country every other week training end users and visiting at least 5 potential new clients. I perform about 2 to 3 trainings and inspections of heavy lift equipment.
Pros
Travel and meeting wonderful intelligent people
Cons
Management and new processes
Poor mid-management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 22, 2018
The place operates like it did in the 1950's. If they would make some changes to improve processes, and operate like it's 2018, they could be very successful. Decisions are made by those that have been there for 30 years, and, don't understand that doing it they way they always have doesn't cut it these days. You must move forward, and keep up in order to be fully successful.
Poor managment
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARSeptember 15, 2018
Stay away. You can look at the building .....very old ,ugly and nasty. And that is the outside!!!!There are some good employee,s at Crosby but the new management sucks.You are always under stress to get more production.
Pros
No OT
Cons
Management, very bad bosses
Second best firm I ever worked at
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 30, 2018
The Crosby Group was an amazing firm to work for. Management was divided up based on experience, project types, etc. There was always clear direction. The projects were interesting and I was encouraged to grow in the company.
Bad Morale
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARJuly 21, 2018
No job is safe. This used to be a good place to work (I am told). If so it must have been years ago. No A/C and 100plus degrees.Aprox $13 an hour for a CNC operator(experienced). And they wonder why they cannot get good people! I work in purchasing so I am salary but i would not try to get anyone on here.
Pros
No overtime!!!
Cons
Hot, Low morale, Management that has (we can replace you attitude)
I enjoyed the people
Supply Chain - Procurement Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 11, 2018
I enjoyed the people and the working conditions. Everyone was helpful in getting started and continued to be during my contract time at The Crosby Group.
great learning experience and good money
Generalist, Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 14, 2018
Working on big hammer presses, table drills, and replacing heat treat convare belt is a normal week at Crosby.The management was OK but they needed to listen to there employees more about the equipment.I actually enjoyed my job because they wanted you to learn and it paid well with great benefits.
Crosby as a whole
Safety & EHS Manager (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 18, 2018
Great place to work at and constantly growing !! Crosby is my family !Crosby cares about its employees and is always striving to new and better ways of improvement .
Industrial manufacturing
Forge and Die Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Crosby Lebus manufactors high quality products that all their employees take pride in making. The company is modernizing their new forging facility and is going thru the labor pains of the upgrade. The long established culture resisted the changes initially but is now seeing the benefits of the continuous improvements. The employees that I had the pleasure of supervising were professional and highly skilled.
Pros
Safe working environment and competitive pay
Cons
Production pressure can create stress
Corporate overlords (KKR)
Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 17, 2018
Stay away. Too many eggs in the oil and gas basket. Layoffs imminent. The new soul sucking corporate owner has made the place pretty awful. Early on though, it was a great place to work with a great atmosphere.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Terrible management, Terrible CEO, lies that company is doing fine.
Management terrible
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 16, 2018
Management terrible. Very stressful and hostile place to work. Was never happy but worked there a long time because pay was good, but wasn't enough because of hours put in and stress that you had to endure from management. Management also showed favoritism.
Cons
Good place to work and good people.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 10, 2018
I enjoyed working there. I got plenty of overtime and learned a lot about the forge process. I liked it being shift work and getting to 40 hours normally in 4 days.
Pros
good hours
Cons
short breaks
A Day at Crosby
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 18, 2017
I don't think they fully think out procedures or the stress they put on their employees. They want everything done on their time regardless if your working 12 plus hour days. The stress working here is not worth it.
Productive and hard work equals good results
Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAOctober 26, 2017
open up shop set up productive goals for the day meeting with employees to address goal and possible concerns of employees.
good workplace culture, hardest part of the is at the end of order processing, and most enjoyable part of the day is reaching our productive goal.
Pros
good employees
Cons
overworked sometime
Interesting
Safety and Environmental Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 20, 2017
This was a challenging place to work due to the culture and fire fighting mentality. The facility is nice but will be hard to maintain if discipline on the shop floor doesn't happen.
Pros
Air Conditioned Building
Cons
Lack of discipline
Decent place to work
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 16, 2017
If you like unions that is.
Even though you're not required to join the union. The company is ran under the umbrella and seniority aspects of a union.
Pros
moslty Mazak machines using Mazatol
Cons
most of the production planning is less than 5 part orders.
Toxic Work Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 30, 2017
I started with Crosby and thought, "this is a place that I can make a career". I have been there just over 2.5 years and would take it all back if I could. The environment is toxic and it is clear that management is in over their heads.
Cons
Management, information silos, unqualified supervisors