The Custom Companies Employee Reviews

Not recommended
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILFebruary 24, 2018
This is not a good place to be working. So much brown nosing that I don't know where to begin. The good employees are sent on their way while the rest overworked and underpaid. A lot of corruption here and the company has been through many lawsuits. Many are online that you can google search for them.
Stressfull, abusive, and never complies with hours of service
Previous Experience (Former Employee) –  Northlake, IL 60164January 30, 2018
Dont let the flashy equipment fool you. This is a company who abuses drivers. Long hours and no time and a half pay.......you get time and a quarter after 50 hours. Their turnover rate is in triple digits. Call in sick....get written up. Late 5 minutes.....get written up......dont get hurt because they will look for ways to get rid of you. NO job security.
Pros
Equipment is decent
Cons
Everything is terrible
Unbearable
Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CASeptember 12, 2016
First off, dispatch doesn't have a clue on routing. Lot of back tracking. 53' trailer loaded with only 6 pallets sending you to the Valley. Really? What a nightmare. Then pick up's sending you back to where to just were. Hours promised 6am-5pm. Not the case. Start anywhere from 7-10 am. return 8pm-9pm. No life. Never even gave me a road test. Management never checked on me. Orientation came after I was there a week. Oh and lock up ur pallet jack (if you can find one) or someone will steal it in the yard dock. Not the ideal place to work.
Pros
Can't think of one
Cons
Unorganized, dispatch, management, equipment, all negatives....
Fast paced and fun enviroment.
Truck load Manager (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILNovember 9, 2014
Everyday is something new and interesting. The challenge is to move all the freight accurately while making a profit and doing it on time .
Pros
You get your Birthday off with pay.
Cons
Dock is very cold during the winter season
Opportunity for Advancement
Territory Manger-Sales (Former Employee) –  North Lake, ILOctober 21, 2014
The company is on the forefront of technology with the endless opportunity for advancement.
Its a good company if you want to learn many things
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILOctober 9, 2013
It is a very fast pace job semi trailers are constantly coming in so there are many repairs to be done.....I learned how to change brakes and tires and mudflaps and lights and other accesories on the trailers. I learned how to run a trailer shop because there was a period of a couple months where I worked by myself. The management was ok they never had time to train you so I had to learn alot on my own and be very creative. I had a great team of fellow co workers we worked great together. The hardest part of the job was I worked outside all year round..The enjoyable part I learned many things and I had alot of laughs and alot of fun with my co workers....
Pros
At times we had free lunches
Cons
They promise raises but dont follow through with their promises.