The Dart Network Employee Reviews

Stay Away
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sellersburg, INJanuary 30, 2018
This place is a joke. I was in Management and they don't even support us, constant problems. I had mechanics that could read or write and service writers that would cuss you out. And if they mess up on your pay which happens all the time, they will take it upon themselves to deduct money out of your check and this happened to a ton of my techs and even myself and I'm salary! The benefits suck and most people with a family cant afford it. Upper management will threaten your job (Brain Frame) was the worst. The HR girl and I mean girl cause she has no place being in charge cause she doesn't know how to support management. There was drivers who came in and talked about how bad the company was and they had been there for 15 years and more. STAY AWAY you will regret going to Dart.
Pros
a check
Cons
everything
Good job right out of College not much opportunity
Dedicated Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 25, 2018
Good people and company culture, but not much opportunity for promotion or larger salary. Starting pay is low and raises are small and infrequent. Lots of employees leave to seek better paying opportunities.
good company
REGIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXMarch 27, 2018
A lot of changes in recent years. DART was a good place to work, great benefits, good employees.
fast paced, busy phones, large office with several departments. Changes in personnel made often.
benefits
Cons
too many changes too fast - employees need time to adjust
dont expect much money
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 6, 2018
line hual rate is too low, fuel surcharge rate paid is luaghable-no clue how these clowns figure fuel surcharge rate paid to contractor one thing is certain is its way below what other carriers pay to their contractors
what they lease these trucks for is outrageously high. it is one time to have high payments but mileage rate high enough to still make a living. These clowns charge cadilac price and pay like a gremlin. This same truck can be found for $67000 on open market with fewer miles yet dart still want $120000 for same truck.
the only way to make money here is kiss thier feet and never go home
Pros
quick pay
Cons
pay
Enjoyable place to work.
INTERN FLEET MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXSeptember 22, 2018
Employed as an intern. Have enjoyed working and learning at Dart. Unfortunately there are no current job openings available at the location I have been working, and I will have to resume my career with another company. Great organization to learn from.
Pros
Friendly, knowledgeable, professional
Cons
No open Fleet Manager positions.
Good entry level work place
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 19, 2018
Dart has a good culture and a good place to work for entry level. Their pay is on the lower end. And as with almost all trucking companies you are expected to work 10 hours (sometimes more) per day, and sometimes on weekends.
Was a great company in the beginning
FLEET MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Worked from home - remotelyAugust 14, 2018
The new leadership is taking Dart in a direction that is not employee friendly. It's all about the bottom line. Does not seem to have any "heart" for employee satisfaction. Used to be that when someone went to work for Dart, they rarely left. Now, it is like a revolving door. There is no loyalty to the company anymore. Bring back the old guys!
Pros
Was able to work remotely
Cons
worked weekends several times a month
Family Oreinted Place to Work
Human Resource/Safety Admin/Logistics (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 18, 2018
Working for Dart which is a family business has been the best experience ever because everyone cares, everyone understands, everyone has compassion and a great understanding. The is the best company I have ever worked for I must say.
Great Place
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 30, 2018
Great learning space for an intern. There was little advancement opportunity, and it has a more relaxed culture. I learned many excel skills. It was a great place to work at.
Bad planners
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 13, 2019
This company does not understand hometime or how to get drivershome for hometime. When they do get you close to home you are still 200 miles away. You do not get paid to drive those miles home.
Fast Paced, Decent Pay
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 10, 2017
We all know that professional truck drivers are majorly under paid, for the challenges we face. However, Dart Transit came close. Plenty of miles, decent compensation, decent benefits.
Pros
Plenty of miles, decent pay
Cons
Lease Op.
Family run company in business over 80 years.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 6, 2017
Long time player in the transportation industry that made major changes in their structure and vision. They require their network of operations people to work long hours and weekends. They have decent benefits.

Your ability to advance is sometimes difficult because of a lot of nepotism that has always existed.
Pros
Fun activities outside of the job. Free lunches on occasion.
Cons
Lots of time spent on the job...including weekends.
Good company
Senior Fleet Manager/Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 10, 2018
Good company to work for. You do learn as you work. Company does look out for employees when it comes to personal/family issues that occur. Would of loved to stay with company. The Buford, Ga. is closing, position is now longer available out of north Atlanta.
Great place to work, plenty of room for advancement
Travel Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 1, 2016
As a Travel Trainer, I do interviews three days a week. I interview disabled people and make a determination as to whether or not they are eligible to ride the Paratransit services. It's quasi-state, with great benefits and job security. I enjoy the people I work with and work for. I have no complaints about the work itself. If I had to complain, my one complaint would be that there's a freeze on state worker's ability to get an annual raise. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the disabled and helping them with the services that they need to help them maintain an independent life with dignity, according to the American Disabilities Act.
its a job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 24, 2018
not a bad company to work for. not that great either. if you are an otr driver and need a job you could do a lot worse. There is a minimum character count so i am typing this extra, i already said all i need to.
Work hard got paid for it
Driver (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHApril 17, 2018
I’m a workhorse, so I was working as much as I wanted to. It never went unnoticed either. Management was very appreciative and was vocal about it. The only 2 things that bothered me was I couldn’t get the whole weekend off and I never brought home the same amount despite working on the same account. I would recommend working here and would go back
Pros
Work is there if they know you want to work
Cons
Have to keep an eye on paycheck
Dart Transit
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 20, 2017
Dart was a good company. They valued their employees, and did have a lot of room for advancement from within. Annual reviews along with good annual raises.
Pros
raises, promotions, benefits
Very good company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DESeptember 16, 2017
Very good company to work for. Managemtn could be a little more professional but overall good. Excellent pay and health benefits for seasonal employees
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Volume
Good place for someone starting out in their career
Microsystems Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 17, 2017
This was my first professional work experience. I gained a lot of knowledge in the Micro Systems area setting up Novell networks and supporting the SQL Windows Tariff and Rate quote application used by the Sales and Marketing group. I worked with a lot of great people.
Pros
Good variety of work. Computer programming, Network support. Tech support.
Cons
They did not pay a competetive salary for the market place.
Excellent spring-board into the Logistics Industry
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 3, 2017
With over 80 years in the Logistics industry, Dart Transit has revolutionized a lot of the elements of modern trucking that we know today.

As someone with no experience in the field, Dart Transit was a very welcoming company that took the time to develop my knowledge of the industry and ensure that I had the tools I needed to be successful.

There is a bit of an issue with a good Job Work/Life Balance, however, Dart has recently started moving a lot of the schedules to a split shift schedule where an employee will have half of the week off, and work the other half of the week. I feel that this allows for a better balance than working Monday - Friday with several forced weekend hours. All is done to ensure coverage of the drivers.

All in all, I think that Dart is a great company to work for and I would recommend to anyone who is interested in getting into the Logistics industry.
Pros
Free lunches, Performance Bonuses, Casual Days, Family Owned and Operated
Cons
Long hours, Poor Job/Life Balance, Top Heavy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dart Network. Our community is ready to answer.

The Dart Network Reviews by Location