The Delta Companies Employee Reviews

Great and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2018
They make working there fun and always keep encouraging and compensating their employees to keep their drive moving forward to success. Great group of people all the way around, very much a family when you work there.
A very "for management-for profit" company with little regard for their travelers
Travel Specialist (Current Employee) –  AlaskaMay 18, 2018
This is only the second travel company I've worked with, but because they are so large, there are more opportunities for desirable jobs. However, my recruiter was pushy and overbearing in the recruiting process and when it came to contract negotiations. If I didn't like something, she made no effort to change it, simply stated that's how it was and I needed to deal with it. I ended up accepting a job (the job is fantastic and the client team I work with is amazing) but I am being paid far less than expected, without full reimbursement for the move. I just feel that the recruiter was never truthful with me or supportive. I would've never worked with Delta, but the location was desirable for me.
Pros
The client hospital is amazing
Cons
the pay is atrocious. I make less than the full time permanent employees at the client hospital
great
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2018
I loved working for The Delta Companies. The employees are all extremely fun and it was an engaging, collaborative and successful environment to be in for a first job.
Fun Environment
FRONT DESK COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Great place to work and amazing culture! Everyone generally cares about one another. Shared Services roles are pretty stagnant with advancement but you could always move to a production role. Lots of philanthropy events to benefit Scottish Rite Children Hospital. Christmas party is the best event hands down!
Cut-throat but fun atmosphere
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 11, 2017
Competitive with high turnover, but culture is unbeatable. There are constantly fun events going on and they try to promote teamwork, but it is tough when everyone has to compete with one another for providers or new clients.
Pros
Fun events and place to work
Cons
Cold Calling is brutal and more tenured people get better areas/clients
January 15, 2018

Thank you for the feedback! We know it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to be successful here. We believe it is worth it and hope you do too.

Talk to your leaders when you have questions and suggestions. We are always looking to get better.

Delta
Physician Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2017
Great Company to gain experience in the Staffing Industry. Fun environment, but be careful you don't mix have an unbalanced structure (Fun/Work). Great People!
Worth it!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2017
Be prepared to come in here and work hard. You do that and you have it made.

Come in expecting to just go through the motions and get rewarded - you will be disappointed.

This company is all in!!
Pros
Great culture, Accessibility to senior leaders, Ability to be yourself
Cons
Benefits could be more robust, behind on compensation (but is working on it)
This Place is a Glorified Frat Club
Account Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2017
Management has no morals or ethics. They want people to basically "have fun" at the office and work after hours, definitely not the place for someone with a family. Very cutthroat and will give reqs to senior people first and very difficult to find an unowned doc. No protected territories either. Just an awful company with horrible leadership that has no business ethics to speak of.
Pros
Pool table, basketball arcade game
Cons
Everything else, no life outside of work unless you have been there 10 years.
November 14, 2017

We are very sorry you had a negative experience here. The Delta Companies is a highly competitive environment with lots of metrics. Everyone is expected to work hard. Leads are earned by the most senior members because they have proven themselves to put in the time and work to be successful.
As always, we hope that our members will share their concerns and suggestions with their leaders. We can't get better if we don't have clarity on why people are unhappy.
We wish you the very best of luck in the future!

great culture ... low pay
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 17, 2017
Great company and culture but they pay next to nothing as a base salary and unless you're handed a territory that's been worked then you're not making any money. There are people who do almost no work and wait for the phone to ring while others are working like slaves a getting no traction.
November 16, 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

The Delta Companies is a true sales environment where the motivation to sell is to have the bulk of your compensation come from commissions.
It is definitely hard work and takes commitment. Those who have stuck it out are the ones who sit back and wait for the phone to ring. They have already put in the hard work.

Best wishes in your next position!

Don't give them the time of day
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2017
Very odd employees. Don't follow up with all backs like they say they will. Very unprofessional staff. Don't seem to have a handle on day to day operations. Questionable human resource team
Pros
Possible good oay
Cons
Horrible Human Resources.
November 20, 2017

We are very sorry your experience here was negative. Without more specific feedback - we are unable to respond or make things better on our end. We want all our members to be engaged and successful. We wish you the best in the future.

Some thinhgs are not as they seem
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 4, 2017
When I was hired I was given a commission structure. Towards the end of the year they opted to change it. In short those of use in the trenches took a pay cut and expected to work more. That's when I started looking elsewhere. The culture was greart the people are great, however that does not pay my bills.
Pros
Great coworkers and culture
Cons
commision cuts
November 7, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. As a business we regularly evaluate our compensation structures against the industry as well as the needs of the business. I am sorry this change put you in a difficult position.
We always encourage our members to speak to their leaders about their concerns. That is what is part of making Delta's culture so great.
We wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

They really value people both internally and externally.
Marketer (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMay 1, 2017
The corporate culture here rocks! It is of hard work gets you lots of fun and privileges. They value people and give out awards for humanitarian reasons which contributes not a penny to their bottom line directly, but shows that they care.

They do not keep any brilliant jerks around here. Two high producing sales people got fired for doing their jobs well, but were counseled about their interpersonal skills several times and then they were let go.

Cool place to work if you can get hired. You will work hard, but you will work among the best coworkers.
Pros
pool table, basket ball hoops, crawfishboils, baseball games, summer olympics, oh my!
Cons
lazy people will not succeed here. Actually, I guess that's not a con at all!
November 7, 2017

Thanks for the snaps! We work very hard to ensure that all our members have an opportunity to be successful here.
Yes - we do work very hard and we also know when to kick back, celebrate and give back to the community.
Keep up the good work. We are glad you are here!!

Amazing people and culture!
IT Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2016
The time I spent at TDC was wonderful, I loved my team and the people I got to work with every day.
I left because my spouse relocated, and I miss everyone there so much!
Pros
culture, activities, change
Was ok for a while...then all bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2016
Worked here for a few years and was great in the beginning, lots of employee activities, focus on the culture, events....fun atmosphere. After a few months you begin to see behind the curtain and see that the executives do not practice what they preach and will make normal employees into scapegoats to cover for their failures. It is sad because I didn't learn this just on my own, but from employees who have been there for years and years and have just learned to accept it because they get a good paycheck. Personally I could no longer stomach working for a company that looks so great on the surface, but has so much negativity...and all of it brought on by the actions of the executive team. So while I did have a good time while there, just be prepared that if you go work there, the new shine will wear off quick by the long term employees who are most definitely disgruntled. What's worse is that after a short time, you will find out that there is a reason why these employees are disgruntled.....which is why I left. I now work for a company that lives by their principles and are not just words.
Pros
Events, perks, fun culture
Cons
Negativity, executives
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxJune 26, 2014
If you are right out of college. Excellent training. Employees are very easy to get along with. Be prepared to smile and dial.
Fun place to work and excellent culture.
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2014
If you are serious about sales this is a great place to perfect your craft. Long hours, but rewarding. Career gives you the opportunity to make a difference in people lives through healthcare.
Pros
Great culture and never boring
Cons
Can be long hours and consistent workload.
Lcoum Tenens
Recruiter/Marketer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 29, 2013
I enjoyed the work I did, but the middle management personnel is extremely judgmental, attacking a persons best attributes as a means of managing that person.
Pros
people are very focused on personel success
Cons
director and team leads need to improve their interpersonal intelligence.
great company with crazy disco balls
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2013
This was my first job out of college and it is a great company! I started out as an administrative assistant reporting to the Vice President and worked my way over to their Risk Management Department. Once I was in Risk I was able to work my way up through a series of promotions to become a team lead.

My typical day at work involves: checking emails, responding to voicemails, processing onboarding paperwork, a one-on-one meeting with one of my direct reports, pulling reports for our Joint Commission audit, coming up with creative solutions to get onboarding paperwork completed, communicating with clients, communicating progress with my director, the VP of recruiting and the Senior Director of Marketing, handling any issues in regards to background or drug screens, auditing files, and diffusing tense situations.

I have learned so much from this company. This company not only values the business side but the professional growth of their leaders as well. I have been able to receive training on coaching, goal setting, P&L statements, effective questioning, hiring processes, and sexual harassment.

The hardest part of my job is always explaining the "why" to the producers when something has to be done. Explaining the "why" creates buy in from them and makes my job a lot easier but it is not always the most efficient way.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the people. My director and other team leads are people that I know will always support me no matter what. They have also provided me with a flexible work schedule so I could complete my master's degree while keeping my full
  more... time job.  less
Pros
great company wide activities, ability for advancement, compensation
Cons
no recycling
Great place to grow, in fundamentals of life and work
Market Consultant/ Territory Manager Illinois (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 12, 2012
*On going training with market trends.
*Always intaragating reality with business partners
*CEO is knowledgeable and intament with everyone
*Hardest part of the job is bouncing bad from a bad deal
*I am always challenged in a positive way to overcome problem solving
Pros
goals are reached and rewarded

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Delta Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

The Delta Companies Reviews by Location