THE DENVER HOSPICE Employee Reviews

I am a VOLUNTEER - and greatly appreciate assigned care receivers
certified hospice volunteer (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CODecember 4, 2018
I continue to volunteer with The Denver Hospice.

Families, especially those who do not live in the area may elect to have someone to regularly visit their loved one while they are in hospice.

I visit my care receivers on a weekly basis.

Volunteers are often able to spot issues and to bring them to the appropriate manager at TDH.

There are no hard parts about the job, only sad parts. It is an amazing experience to walk with someone at the end of life.

It is most enjoyable to make new friends.
The best hospice in town
CERTIFIED NURSE AIDE (Current Employee) –  Glendale, COSeptember 20, 2018
A great company and great staff that provide care alll over the Denver Metro area!! They offer great mile reimbursement as well as a flexible schedule that fits to your comfort level.
Most Dr's and NPs are great to work with
RN Case Manager Hospice (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 6, 2018
When switched to salary from hourly, took a major pay cut. Work long days, tons of charting, lots of driving.. Very difficult to have a life outside of work. Love the work, Love my patients. Great team of nurses.
Pros
Paid time off, you can get stipends when you work over
Cons
Company constant changing rules and policies, adding on new things on top of old things. All consuming!
Great mission
Clinical Manager of the Inpatient Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 9, 2018
No work life balance for team members. Nurses are salaried and work long days, high turnover, no consideration for their team members, the nurses on the front line give great care and have compassion for their patients.
On the front lines staff support each other..
RN Central Team (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 29, 2018
I loved working with the patient's and families at a most difficult time in their lives. Co-workers are mostly supportive. MD's and nurse practitioners are available for patient needs and there is a sense for teamwork,
Pros
great coworkers and family
Cons
not supportive of employees.
Great work experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 9, 2018
Focused on their employees and their job advancement.
Great place to work.
Opportunity to help patients and families in difficult time.
Opportunity for professional growth.
I enjoyed working per diem for this company
Per diem hospice RN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 7, 2018
Great people; good management.
Once they went to salary payment for full time employees, many left and that is understandable. As a per denim employee, I had no complaints.
Nice people, still stressful.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT to CFO (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 3, 2018
The people working there were nice people, but most were very stressed by workload, so not much interaction and help were available to new hires. Every morning, a broadcast email was sent to all employees listing the names of those who had died in the prior 24 hours under hospice care. I found this difficult to take on a daily basis.
Pros
Good salary and benefits.
Cons
Hospice can be difficult for some.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 22, 2018
The Denver Hospice is a good place to work as a CNA because, I learnt a lot and it has equipped me to be humble, respectful and Denver Hospice has helped me gained much experience for my next career.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Death experience
The Denver Hospice has lost it's way
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Glendale, COMarch 16, 2018
I used to enjoy working for the Denver Hospice. It was not an easy job but worth it. I had great colleagues and felt heard and respected by management. I felt supported with such a difficult job. Care Synergy came in and took the hear out oh hospice. Cut pay, raised amount of visit to an unreasonable amount and put us on salary so we have to work 12 hours days and not get paid the OT. Management is awful and doesn't care. It is all about the numbers. So said to see this place change so quickly.
Toxic for RNs
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  DenverMarch 4, 2018
Hospice nursing is a tough job and management at this company does not value good staff. This is evident in the recent mass exodus of employees and executive turnover. Consequently, patients suffer from long waits and inconsistent care. This is heart-breaking to witness on the front lines... . Well-meaning clinical staff are crippled by incompetent, over-worked, cliquish managers—they are nice to your face, but only look out for themselves. I watched these managers consistently throw good nurses under the bus. Most of the best and brightest know this and have left or have a plan in place. Favorite case managers and coddled CNAs (presumably somehow embroiled in the recent unionization drama) are allowed very rude, insubordinate behavior while others are not even allowed to stand up for themselves. Most systems and processes are broken or outdated here. Best to stay away: Toxic.
Pros
Supportive, friendly, compassionate field staff; flexible work schedule
Cons
Perpetually understaffed; loyalty and willingness to go the extra mile not valued by management
Denver Hospice Review
Scanning/Data Entry Clerk, Med. Records (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 29, 2017
The Denver Hospice was a wonderful place to work.
Wonderful organization. I liked the work environment and culture.
Everyone at the Denver Hospice is professional, productive and helpful.
Don't
RN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 25, 2017
There was no growth opportunity. The current management is still in place and that's a big problem. Because there were no business focused individuals in place, the organization is struggling financially. Because of these struggles, there is massive organizational and cultural problems throughout The Denver Hospice. Perhaps they will change their ways in the future, but it will not be changing any time soon, so I'd advise holding off on applying and working here. They want to do great work for patients, but without caring for their employees, they will not succeed at providing the quality care they desire.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Poor management
Great mission, and corporate values
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 28, 2017
The Denver Hospice has a great mission and corporate values. It expects the same from all staff. They treat staff well and understand work/life balance.
Very Rewarding
RN Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 6, 2017
Loved the facility and the opportunity to give families and patients a loving place to provide care during difficult circumstances. Getting the patients' complex symptoms under control as to allow them to be comfortable and peaceful was the most rewarding.
Caring Culture Passionate for Patients
Vice President of Marketing and Communication (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 23, 2017
Amazing environment in which everyone is working to help patients and families through end of life experience. Highly skilled people who contribute to making a difference every day.
reputable company
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80247August 7, 2017
This is a good hospice agency as the quality of the programming is excellent compared to the many others in the area. The lack of sensitivity to the work in respect to the census driven mentality can be disheartening at times, but there was a change of management that appears to have been positive.
Pros
census driven climate
Cons
honorable work and reputable company
A place to be when you have compassion and love for people.
Perform Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2017
The team at the ICC is exceptional, very productive and team worker.The work at the ICC consist of assuring that patient's pain is well managed and under control.
Pros
use to be exciting but no more
Cons
The use of PTO and Sick Leave do not favor the staff
great colleagues; management pushed hard
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 2, 2017
I worked as a middle manager. I learned a lot of management skills while working at The Denver Hospice and valued the commitment of the staff with whom I worked. The greatest challenge to me was the expectations that we placed on our clinical staff - to provide excellent care to each patient/family but to make visits as quickly as possible so that a greater number of patients could be seen
All About the Bottom Line
Internship (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2017
TDH used to concentrate on patient care, which the staff still do. Those in management seem too fixated on the bottom line and that is affecting pay. There were poor management hiring choices, which has led to a loss of good people. The culture of hospice care is still present and those who do the work love the work. They are spread too thing by management and this leads to an inability to provide care to the level staff would like to do.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE DENVER HOSPICE. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight