THE DENVER HOSPICE Employee Reviews

Great work experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 9, 2018
Focused on their employees and their job advancement.
Great place to work.
Opportunity to help patients and families in difficult time.
Opportunity for professional growth.
The Denver Hospice has lost it's way
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Glendale, COMarch 16, 2018
I used to enjoy working for the Denver Hospice. It was not an easy job but worth it. I had great colleagues and felt heard and respected by management. I felt supported with such a difficult job. Care Synergy came in and took the hear out oh hospice. Cut pay, raised amount of visit to an unreasonable amount and put us on salary so we have to work 12 hours days and not get paid the OT. Management is awful and doesn't care. It is all about the numbers. So said to see this place change so quickly.
Toxic for RNs
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  DenverMarch 4, 2018
Hospice nursing is a tough job and management at this company does not value good staff. This is evident in the recent mass exodus of employees and executive turnover. Consequently, patients suffer from long waits and inconsistent care. This is heart-breaking to witness on the front lines... . Well-meaning clinical staff are crippled by incompetent, over-worked, cliquish managers—they are nice to your face, but only look out for themselves. I watched these managers consistently throw good nurses under the bus. Most of the best and brightest know this and have left or have a plan in place. Favorite case managers and coddled CNAs (presumably somehow embroiled in the recent unionization drama) are allowed very rude, insubordinate behavior while others are not even allowed to stand up for themselves. Most systems and processes are broken or outdated here. Best to stay away: Toxic.
Pros
Supportive, friendly, compassionate field staff; flexible work schedule
Cons
Perpetually understaffed; loyalty and willingness to go the extra mile not valued by management
Denver Hospice Review
Scanning/Data Entry Clerk, Med. Records (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 29, 2017
The Denver Hospice was a wonderful place to work.
Wonderful organization. I liked the work environment and culture.
Everyone at the Denver Hospice is professional, productive and helpful.
Don't
RN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 25, 2017
There was no growth opportunity. The current management is still in place and that's a big problem. Because there were no business focused individuals in place, the organization is struggling financially. Because of these struggles, there is massive organizational and cultural problems throughout The Denver Hospice. Perhaps they will change their ways in the future, but it will not be changing any time soon, so I'd advise holding off on applying and working here. They want to do great work for patients, but without caring for their employees, they will not succeed at providing the quality care they desire.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Poor management
Great mission, and corporate values
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 28, 2017
The Denver Hospice has a great mission and corporate values. It expects the same from all staff. They treat staff well and understand work/life balance.
Very Rewarding
RN Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 6, 2017
Loved the facility and the opportunity to give families and patients a loving place to provide care during difficult circumstances. Getting the patients' complex symptoms under control as to allow them to be comfortable and peaceful was the most rewarding.
Caring Culture Passionate for Patients
Vice President of Marketing and Communication (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 23, 2017
Amazing environment in which everyone is working to help patients and families through end of life experience. Highly skilled people who contribute to making a difference every day.
reputable company
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80247August 7, 2017
This is a good hospice agency as the quality of the programming is excellent compared to the many others in the area. The lack of sensitivity to the work in respect to the census driven mentality can be disheartening at times, but there was a change of management that appears to have been positive.
Pros
census driven climate
Cons
honorable work and reputable company
A place to be when you have compassion and love for people.
Perform Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2017
The team at the ICC is exceptional, very productive and team worker.The work at the ICC consist of assuring that patient's pain is well managed and under control.
Pros
use to be exciting but no more
Cons
The use of PTO and Sick Leave do not favor the staff
great colleagues; management pushed hard
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 2, 2017
I worked as a middle manager. I learned a lot of management skills while working at The Denver Hospice and valued the commitment of the staff with whom I worked. The greatest challenge to me was the expectations that we placed on our clinical staff - to provide excellent care to each patient/family but to make visits as quickly as possible so that a greater number of patients could be seen
All About the Bottom Line
Internship (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2017
TDH used to concentrate on patient care, which the staff still do. Those in management seem too fixated on the bottom line and that is affecting pay. There were poor management hiring choices, which has led to a loss of good people. The culture of hospice care is still present and those who do the work love the work. They are spread too thing by management and this leads to an inability to provide care to the level staff would like to do.
Pros
Co-workers
Great People and Job
Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 20, 2017
I love the people that work at Denver Hospice. I also love the work. My only concern is the work/ life balance, Typical day is 7 am to 6 pm and the come home to chart from 7 to 10;30
Wonderful Staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 1, 2017
The good - I have a wonderful clinical manager who really looks out for me and fellow co-workers, Patients do get the best care as far as equipment and supplies. It has been a great place to work the past few years. I have never worked with a better group of Co-workers that include CNA, RN's Social Workers and Chaplains and Dr.'s. Everyone has outstanding character and loves what they do.

The bad - Benefits are not good from PTO to Health Insurance. Pay rate is below market and now almost all staff is put on salary with no OT or OT compensation. New Management Company called Care Synergy has come and changed job culture and it has become a very challenging place to work with high caseloads and no compensation.
Pros
best co-workers
Cons
salaries are not adequate, health insurance, Pto
Positives and negatives
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2017
Wonderful mission and fantastic coworkers. Company is too top heavy with administrative support staff and management. To cut cost the clinical staff maintain very large case loads. The medical directors and NPs are very knowledgeable and easy to work with. There is quite a bit of room for streamlining the processes which would ease the load on the front line staff.
Pros
Wonderful mission
Cons
Very little work life balance
Mission driven
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 11, 2017
Wonderful place for mission driven people, however, often in this case money is on the back burner which does not allow for market-level salaries and benefits.
Bad vibes before interview- dodged a bullet
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 24, 2016
Clinical Manger is rude. Was potential employee and dodged a bullet. YIKES!!!! My little one had my phone evidently hit redial 8 times.. This enraged this gentleman.... Small tempers are a sign of small brains. I can see why this job has been posted for almost a month and all reviews have one thing in common .. high turn over.. I am not surprised
Pros
Cons
Horrible clinical manager
No job security
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 3, 2016
I worked for TDH for almost 9 years and towards the end iit became very clear that I was simply an employee sitting my desk and not a valued member of the organization. I was easily replaceable, although my years of experience and dedication to the job and patients/family were always clear.

Hospice work as a whole is powerful and became my works purpose but working for TDH almost made me consider otherwise. It all comes down to poor management, pressure of numbers and the census, difficult team members and little upper management support.
Pros
good pay, great place to work with loving patient/family
Cons
HIGH employee turnover, long hours, poor management and support
Great place to work, very organized.
Float RN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 27, 2015
This was a great place to work. Very organized, provided great hospice care. I developed "hospice burnout" as a care provider and was unable to advance beyond the RN role.
Pros
Highly ethical company, great experience, rewarding work.
Cons
No possibility of advancement
Challenging
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 14, 2015
Conducted new hire orientation, worked with management to get job reqs open. Interviewed candidates and made offers to new hires. Trained employees on what needs to be reported to the customer so clearances where not declined.
Pros
Flex Time, Free lunches
Cons
No breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE DENVER HOSPICE. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.0Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

THE DENVER HOSPICE Reviews by Location