The Denver Post Employee Reviews

Do not do it!
Order Management & Multi-Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 5, 2019
Management is appalling! When they aren't in bed with each other they are creating companies within the post that add to its failure. And there is a union you must join and you must pay to be in. They do nothing for job security and are only out for themselves... For instance, we finally got a 1% raise (wahoo!) and then the union decided to increase their cost by 1%... See where this is going?
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Denver Post sucks
Carrier (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 21, 2019
Worked there temporarily as a carrier and some of the people there were worthless and liked to treat new carriers with disrespect.Management wasn’t any good they were late on checks constantly and were short. You are used as pawns and if you have a question no one wants to help. Stay away from this company!
Productive work enviroment. Allowed for advancement
ASSISTANT DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2019
The Denver Post was a good place to work. The environment was one that encouraged you to do your best at all times. Enjoyed meeting and training new people and helping the established workers find solutions to problems they encountered. Enjoyed the Customer Service aspect.
Hedge fund
Journeyman Newspaper Pressman (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 31, 2019
Ever since they were taken over by the hedge fund their benefits are terrible working conditions are terrible and they are continuously cutting the workforce, making you do more and more work with less people and no more money. Enter at your own risk.
Pros
Cons
Continues to cut workforce. Dying industry.
LDC Distribution LLC
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMarch 9, 2019
Please Do Not Put yourself through the trouble my family went through. LDC Distribution LLC is a joke! They write up this contract for you to sign and promise you a certain amount of money. However, be prepared to work 100 hours in a week and get paid 100 bucks. They treat you like you are dirt and then complain about the fact that they have a high turn over rate.
Pros
When you leave or chose not to apply you have found your pro
Would Not Reccomend
Advertising Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2018
Throughout my last year with The Denver Post I had 7 different managers because there is such a high turnover rate and lack of consistency within management as a whole. Each new manager that I had understood what I did a little less so they wanted to micromanage even more than the last, even though my team had gotten used to working completely autonomously due to the lack of support available to us. I ended up resigning due to issues with the revolving door of management, the lack of support, all support groups being outsourced to other countries creating major daily issues, and the last manager I had changing our commission structure in a way that I would have ended up making about $1,500 less per month on average because they felt that our team had been paid too much.
Pros
Very few these days
Cons
Lack of communication from management, lack of consistency anywhere within the company, new hire training is often conducted over a year after an employee is hired (if at all), lack of transparency, unethical compensation practices.
poor management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COSeptember 11, 2018
No one tells you that every complaint you get per paper is 2 dollars off your pay check. Even with completing the route with no mistakes. their is still a chance for complaints and some people still complain. hardly pays for gas. I had 2 routes and was barley getting by. 800-1600 is a lie unless you work 4 routes or more.
Good People to work with
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 26, 2018
Newspaper routes fun & boring at the same time! The worst is dead of winter and your frozen. the best is summer nights and beautiful country routes. make friends & great tips!
Pros
decent pay
Cons
snow & cold at night
Loved the Denver Post
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 24, 2018
Always enjoyed my job, the people I meet throughout my career and was very sad to be let go after 20+ years due to reduction in the workforce. Best of luck to the newspaper and to its success in the future.
Dont do it
House deliver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 15, 2018
With he paper routes most of them are not In order so you have to find the houses and on top of that it does not pay the bills or its self in gas and putting a lot of miles on a vehicle sucks I know I was putting 100+ on it every day you work 7 days a week not worth it!!
Pros
There are none
Very fast paced and somewhat dangerous
Carrier (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 18, 2018
You sign a contract stating that you will work 7 days a week with no time off unless hospitalized. The pay isn’t worth the stress on an older car or the possibility of wrecking said car. You aren’t an employee of the Denver post, your a pawn. Very nice crew and manager. All of the training isn’t paid until you sign a contract and if you do sign a contract, it requires a 2 week notice or you will be paying them for quitting early. All and all not worth it unless you’re desperate.
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2018
Very collaborative place to work. I really enjoyed it. Learned a lot as an intern there. Would recommend working there to anyone who enjoys a fast-paced environment
not worth it
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 15, 2017
the atmosphere is cool and all the people seem nice but this is a job you REALLY have to be committed to. there are no days off unless you get someone to cover you, they make you sign a contract that says you have to pay them if you cant hack it and you'll be putting at least 30 miles on your car a day and spending probably $40 a week in gas alone. all things taken into account, you're probably making minimum wage.
Pros
you get to work alone, listen to your own music
Cons
wrecks your car, some of the routes are awful and pay way too low
Great First Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 27, 2017
Worked with my dad he was a crew manager who brought me on fairly young. Taught me sales and people communication skills. Taught me about hard work and dedication. Was an absolute eye opening first job.
Pros
Worked with family
Cons
Short brakes
Good people, long hours.
Manager - Finance and Accounting (Former Employee) –  58th & Washington St, Denver COJune 13, 2017
I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the leadership of the CFO.

I gained valuable experience with new applications and software.

I am grateful for my opportunity at the Post.
dying and depressing company
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 22, 2017
It was a great job in the beginning but as the years went by and the company started losing business, it got really depressing. The cutbacks left us with bare bones crews and we weren't given the tools needed to do our jobs effectively.
Pros
They pay pretty well.
Cons
Too many to count.
Good for summer job
Carrier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 17, 2017
You get paid $0.05per paper, thats the reality. $1600 advertised paid is if you do two or more routes which takes up to 5 hours everyday. And to get there you need a lot of patience. No workers comp so if you got injured during work you just have to suck it up
Pros
Good managers
Cons
Work everyday
Contract- Newspaper Carrier
Self-Employed Contractor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2017
Hours were flexible, job attire was casual, learned the city, receive news before others, learned about being self-employed keeping your own records and paying your taxes. It help you understand what it means to own your own business.
Pros
Work your owned hours and routes
Cons
Work seven days a week with not benefits or holidays off.
Steer Clear
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 19, 2016
This is a terrible company to work for. Mediocre management, low morale among employees. Expect to be laid off at some point to satisfy the profit margin of its hedge fund parent company.
benefits
Cons
very high turnover, regular layoffs, top heavy management
Improvement with management
Carrier (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 1, 2016
I've worked for this company in Loveland since 2008 before the merge. I have been a delivery driver the entire time. I have worked for several managers and witnessed the difficulties in not only staffing challenges but keeping an organized and efficiently running warehouse. Chris is my current manager and is doing a far better job in the warehouse and with his employees than any other manager I have worked for thus far. I feel he is fair and willing to encourage career advancement opportunities to those who he feels are ready for those tasks. I would highly recommend working for this company in the Loveland area for extra income.
Pros
Work nights so days are free
Cons
Work is everyday for daily carriers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Denver Post. Our community is ready to answer.