The Dimock Center Employee Reviews

productive but challenging place to work at
Head Start Teacher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 7, 2019
I really like the fact that the Company want their teachers to succeed and they provide intense training on how to teach and engage the children, For example enhancing their critical thinking skills by asking open ended questions. Teachers are also trained to provide quality child care by following the EEC regulations The problem that they are consistently having is teachers are leaving the center which leaves the other teachers in a stressful situation. Despite these issues, I feel the company demonstrate that they really care for the children and families and it something that i value as well.
Pros
free lunch, time to do paper work(If not
Cons
short breaks, working by yourself without support, no bathroom breaks
Very Comfortable
Residence Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 23, 2018
The Dimock center has a good place which encourage workers to stay connected to each other.

They are prompt in everything and wish to help required qualified and deserve, even undeserved clients.

It's fun and welcome.
Pros
Doors are open to every personality
Cons
financial challange
No pay increases and the company does not match your 401 K
Prevention Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Roxbury, MADecember 8, 2018
No pay raises and no 401k matching. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients. Management may vary, depending on what department the person is working in.
high turn over rate
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MANovember 19, 2018
good place to learn. Need to improve employee relations. Good place for interns, and young professionals who are just starting their professional career.
Fun and not fun at times
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 4, 2018
I worked in facilities and Dimock has 7 different buildings from a childrens daycare and DCF office to a Detox and clinic. There was always work but the work wasn´t that bad most of the time.
Pros
hour lunch break, Free lunch
Enjoyed planning baby showers and hospital visits after the birth of the child and helping Mom as she settled into new role
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MASeptember 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Dimock and enjoyed the relationships/partnerships that I even maintain to date. Working with population (pregnant women) I feel I made an impact on some lives.
Pros
creativity in my work
Cons
limited funding
i've been in that job for too long and some new workers made the job a bit difficult
Lead Maintenance Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 7, 2018
A day at work will be always preheard and sometimes i will not even get to eat lunch.One thing I've learned is to associate with people.Management was a bit ruff and even though i was the for too long [37 years] i was not getting the respect I needed.
Does not treat their employee with respect.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 3, 2018
Once upon a time I loved working for Dimock. The minute you don't agree with unfair practices and you make a formal complaint they will do anything to get rid of you. I was not fired I quit because of unfair practices.
Pros
Good vacation earning potential
Cons
Bad management and no support, long hours
A great a company
Relief Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAMay 11, 2018
I worked overnight with no supervision. I picked up some daytime shifts as well. the downside to working in this department would the fact that you're obligated to come in during inclement weather and/or stay at work if your relief staff cannot come into work. there is no room for growth and the manager hires people based on personal relationships and sometimes they're not the best fit for the job. The manager is not very professional and very indiscreet with confidential information. If you're able to oversee this issues and just do what is expected of you, you'll be just fine. Money was great, I easily made $800 on a bi-weekly basis.
Pros
Guaranteed hours, good income
Cons
not the best policy for incliment weather, no sense for leadership and teamwork
The Dimock Center
RECOVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAApril 21, 2018
the fast paced environment and keen management skill taught me a lot in the beginning years working in this field. first face in entrance with people entering detox
Pros
helping people
Cons
chaos
Your job is never secured there, management is harsh
Worker (Current Employee) –  Roxbury, MAMarch 4, 2018
There is no job security, it is not a nice environment. I have seen employees work their hearts out, but then managers quickly turn around and lay off employees (I get it, costs) but then refuse to give references to past employees which makes it difficult for them to get new jobs. It is funny how this place is a community center to help the community but the last thing they do is help their own employees. Work somewhere else. The senior managers really only care about themselves.
Pros
Some of the doctors truly care about the patients
Cons
don't expect any raise ever
We build Cardboard playhouses with the help of 8th graders under then Governor Deval Patrick's "Community Giveback" Program
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJanuary 11, 2018
I was allowed a wide latitude allowing me to be creative and innovative. My supervisors were supportive, and of course the children were always a fun challenge.
Pros
Paid continuing educational opportunities
productive and sometimes fun place to work
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  41 dimock st boston ma 02119December 12, 2017
It needs better management and growth. Not much growth in income and positions at the Dimock Center.

Typical day at work consist of 10 hours of work crunched down in 8 hours or 7.5 hours as that's the hours you getting paid for. 7.5 NOT the full 8.

Hardest part of my job is doing all that you need to do and finish it by the end of the week ( business) day/ week.

Management- Well it depends on what kind of manager you want. Do you want a manager that can teach you something? or a manager that's just the manager because they were fortunate to have that position when the time was right? think about it.
Pros
No growth and pay raises
Cons
Management and guidance
Worked as an accountant
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 3, 2017
I worked as an accountant at the Dimock center, along with other teenagers. It was so much fun an I learned a lot . I felt professional and very smart . I worked inside my own cubicle at a desk and I got paid well I was very well respected and my coworkers were lovely but overall I enjoyed the experience!
Pros
Fridays we were on field trips
Cons
There are honestly no cons
Dimock
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAAugust 31, 2017
Dimmock was a nice place to work they just had a lack of staff members to cover shifts. The staff were friendly and nice towards each other. Management was also friendly toward staff.
Very cut throat
Recovery Specialist/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJuly 17, 2017
A typical day at the dimock center is highly stressful. Rules change on a constant basis. Employees are not team oriented and are very cut throat. The culture of dimock is very diverse. I didn't enjoy the constant cut throat of employees and the high stress environment. The greatest part of the job was helping to change live within the community.
Pros
free parking
Cons
the dont value their employees
the dimock center
ERSEA Specialist-Children and Family Services (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJuly 14, 2017
great company! diverse setting. I was hired during a time of transition. I loved working with the families there. It was fun to have my hands in so many things.
good place to work
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJuly 5, 2017
great place to work. a typical day consist of desktop support..network administration, new pc setup, repair of older broken machines..managing cell phones and ip based phones
fun environment to work
infant/toddler/pre-school teacher (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJune 17, 2017
i was an infant, toddler and preschool teacher. it was fun but challenging. learning about different children and how they all learn in different ways and how to accommodate everyone at once. lots of paper work for every child and home visits and parent teacher conferences.
Pros
watching the children grow and learn
Cons
communication between staff, management and parents. not always on the same page
great diverse work place
Support Service Supervisor/Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Roxbury, MAMay 25, 2017
supervise Medical Case Managers and Peer Advocates as well as individual therapy for clients in our department. Great work culture and co-workers. Learned a lot about multi-tasking and collaborating with different professionals.
Pros
Conferences are paid for
Cons
takes a long time to build extra vacation time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dimock Center. Our community is ready to answer.

The Dimock Center Reviews by Location