The Dimock Center Employee Reviews

Fun and not fun at times
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 4, 2018
I worked in facilities and Dimock has 7 different buildings from a childrens daycare and DCF office to a Detox and clinic. There was always work but the work wasn´t that bad most of the time.
Pros
hour lunch break, Free lunch
Enjoyed planning baby showers and hospital visits after the birth of the child and helping Mom as she settled into new role
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MASeptember 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Dimock and enjoyed the relationships/partnerships that I even maintain to date. Working with population (pregnant women) I feel I made an impact on some lives.
Pros
creativity in my work
Cons
limited funding
i've been in that job for too long and some new workers made the job a bit difficult
Lead Maintenance Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 7, 2018
A day at work will be always preheard and sometimes i will not even get to eat lunch.One thing I've learned is to associate with people.Management was a bit ruff and even though i was the for too long [37 years] i was not getting the respect I needed.
Does not treat their employee with respect.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 3, 2018
Once upon a time I loved working for Dimock. The minute you don't agree with unfair practices and you make a formal complaint they will do anything to get rid of you. I was not fired I quit because of unfair practices.
Pros
Good vacation earning potential
Cons
Bad management and no support, long hours
The Dimock Center
RECOVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAApril 21, 2018
the fast paced environment and keen management skill taught me a lot in the beginning years working in this field. first face in entrance with people entering detox
Pros
helping people
Cons
chaos
Your job is never secured there, management is harsh
Worker (Current Employee) –  Roxbury, MAMarch 4, 2018
There is no job security, it is not a nice environment. I have seen employees work their hearts out, but then managers quickly turn around and lay off employees (I get it, costs) but then refuse to give references to past employees which makes it difficult for them to get new jobs. It is funny how this place is a community center to help the community but the last thing they do is help their own employees. Work somewhere else. The senior managers really only care about themselves.
Pros
Some of the doctors truly care about the patients
Cons
don't expect any raise ever
We build Cardboard playhouses with the help of 8th graders under then Governor Deval Patrick's "Community Giveback" Program
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJanuary 11, 2018
I was allowed a wide latitude allowing me to be creative and innovative. My supervisors were supportive, and of course the children were always a fun challenge.
Pros
Paid continuing educational opportunities
productive and sometimes fun place to work
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  41 dimock st boston ma 02119December 12, 2017
It needs better management and growth. Not much growth in income and positions at the Dimock Center.

Typical day at work consist of 10 hours of work crunched down in 8 hours or 7.5 hours as that's the hours you getting paid for. 7.5 NOT the full 8.

Hardest part of my job is doing all that you need to do and finish it by the end of the week ( business) day/ week.

Management- Well it depends on what kind of manager you want. Do you want a manager that can teach you something? or a manager that's just the manager because they were fortunate to have that position when the time was right? think about it.
Pros
No growth and pay raises
Cons
Management and guidance
Worked as an accountant
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 3, 2017
I worked as an accountant at the Dimock center, along with other teenagers. It was so much fun an I learned a lot . I felt professional and very smart . I worked inside my own cubicle at a desk and I got paid well I was very well respected and my coworkers were lovely but overall I enjoyed the experience!
Pros
Fridays we were on field trips
Cons
There are honestly no cons
Dimock
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAAugust 31, 2017
Dimmock was a nice place to work they just had a lack of staff members to cover shifts. The staff were friendly and nice towards each other. Management was also friendly toward staff.
Very cut throat
Recovery Specialist/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJuly 17, 2017
A typical day at the dimock center is highly stressful. Rules change on a constant basis. Employees are not team oriented and are very cut throat. The culture of dimock is very diverse. I didn't enjoy the constant cut throat of employees and the high stress environment. The greatest part of the job was helping to change live within the community.
Pros
free parking
Cons
the dont value their employees
the dimock center
ERSEA Specialist-Children and Family Services (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJuly 14, 2017
great company! diverse setting. I was hired during a time of transition. I loved working with the families there. It was fun to have my hands in so many things.
good place to work
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJuly 5, 2017
great place to work. a typical day consist of desktop support..network administration, new pc setup, repair of older broken machines..managing cell phones and ip based phones
fun environment to work
infant/toddler/pre-school teacher (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJune 17, 2017
i was an infant, toddler and preschool teacher. it was fun but challenging. learning about different children and how they all learn in different ways and how to accommodate everyone at once. lots of paper work for every child and home visits and parent teacher conferences.
Pros
watching the children grow and learn
Cons
communication between staff, management and parents. not always on the same page
great diverse work place
Support Service Supervisor/Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Roxbury, MAMay 25, 2017
supervise Medical Case Managers and Peer Advocates as well as individual therapy for clients in our department. Great work culture and co-workers. Learned a lot about multi-tasking and collaborating with different professionals.
Pros
Conferences are paid for
Cons
takes a long time to build extra vacation time
Medical Records Tech
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAFebruary 19, 2017
Maintains medical records operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
Initiates medical record by searching master patient index; identifying existing patient records or need to assign a new number; interacting with registration areas and physicians' offices for information verification; processing or creating the record folder.
Ensures medical record availability by routing records to admissions and emergency departments, physicians, and other authorized hospital staff; maintaining chart location systems.
Completes medical record by reviewing information; notifying health care providers of record deficiencies; tracking outstanding records; notifying medical director of physicians in jeopardy of losing admitting privileges.
Resolves medical record discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
Maintains historical reference by abstracting and coding clinical data, such as diseases, operations, procedures, and therapies, using standard classification systems; filing documents.
Prepares statistical reports by collecting and summarizing medical care and census information, such as types of diseases treated, surgery performed, and use of hospital beds.
Provides medical record information by answering questions and requests of patients, hospital staff, law firms, insurance companies, and government agencies.
Maintains patient confidence and protects hospital operations by keeping information confidential; following release-of-information protocols.
Maintains the stability and reputation of the hospital by complying with legal requirements.
No one ever stays
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 15, 2016
Dimock is a great place to learn new skills, meet great coworkers and serve the community; however, it is not a place to spend 20 years working. If you get $20 an hour, you will make that 20 for the next 20 years. You will never get a raise, but your responsiblities will increase. THe place is not a healthy working enviroment. Managerment sucks. They talk down to you, and have no clue what they are doing
Pros
No pros
Cons
low pay, doing everyone work, bad leadership, lack of diversity in higher up
human services
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJanuary 24, 2016
Having the opportunity to work with amazing people and connect with hundreds of woman in need of substance abuse help made it worth it everyday !
the job was ok, upper management did not value the staff members that worked in the programs
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  roxburyOctober 6, 2015
working with the clients was great however upper management did not value nor respect the staff who worked with the clients, I worked for the organization for 4 years without an increase in salary which was very unfair to me
Excellent work environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 7, 2015
Typical day at work was seeing clients daily and learned to become an effective Case Manager. The Management team and co-workers all worked together for the better good of the organization. The hardest part of my job was seeing my client moving out of the shelter and into permanent housing. The most enjoyable part of my job was empowering young women to pursue education and to pursue a career.
Pros
Flex-time
Cons
The location of the organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dimock Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about