The Disneyland Resort Employee Reviews

Not worth it at all
food & beverage Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 21, 2019
the second you say you can work overtime occasionally they work you nearly 70 hours a week during peak season but during off season you’re lucky if you get 12 hours a week. management is absolutely terrible and they do nothing to help you unless you’re kissing up to them 25/8. other cast members treat work like high school and love to mess around and spread any rumors they want about people they don’t like, there’s always some kind of drama going on that everyone gets pulled into no matter what. you can use your cast id for free admission whenever but the main entrance pass is almost always blocked out (always blocked out friday - sunday) and you cannot take guests with you so it’s not worth it if you want to take friends or family with you.
Pros
free employee admission, discounts
Cons
short breaks, poor management, overwork you
Disneyland
Quick service restaurant cashier (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 20, 2019
Hire in part time it can take awhile to get approved to become full time. Usually have to apply for full time a few times. It’s a unique experience and i think everyone especially younger people, like teens early twenties, should experience working here. Due to the age range of cast mates there can be drama. But just dodge that and the perks are pretty cool!
Pay could better.
Depends where you are
Entertainment Costuming Dresser (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 18, 2019
Mostly a good experience but was scheduled over 40 hours most weeks (willingly) and could not maintain that and stay healthy. Learned a lot, worked with some wonderful people. At the end of the day, was just another brick in a wall.
Pros
discount especially holiday discount, sign ins
Cons
worked more than full time but only ever listed as part time
Productive and fun place
Performer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92802April 18, 2019
Such a great job. Very fun interacting with guests. May get a but stressful but it is worth it in the end. Always working with other cast members and nice being able to work with many departments.
Great place to work, best team
IPM Technician (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 18, 2019
Absolutely best work place experience I've ever had. Would love to go back to work there someday. Managers, leads and fellow cast mates all worked really well together in our department. We did a lot of behind the scenes work, but had to go on stage frequently to resolve a pest / wildlife issue. Got to see areas of the park that even most other cast members would not have access to.
Pros
Department was great to work for. Pay was very good, all access to the resort
Cons
Only con would be the one you create for yourself
Fun, fast paced.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 13, 2019
I loved it there. Unionized depending what department you are in. Benefits always given. Great management and days off are requested and given. Fun job!
Pros
Discounts, main gate passes, tickets to other parks, benefits
Cons
It gets really crowded during the holidays and closing at midnight and going home 2 am.
I was working at the happiest place on earth
Plaza Inn Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 7, 2019
People working there, about 90 percent, were very kind and enjoyed their work. I enjoy dealing with people and most guests were in a good mood. After all, they were visiting the happiest place on earth. Disneyland resorts offered their cast members (employees) discounts and perks to visit the park with 3 friends for free, 16 times a year. Nice perks has it's rewards.
Pros
Cons
Worked a lot of holidays and weekends
Great company
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 5, 2019
Is great company to work for I'm really happy there you get to meet a lot of people from all over the world and get to know regulars and make friends with them
positive environment
Foods Cashier Lead (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 5, 2019
I learned how to interact with a lot of different types of people, made sure to ensure a positive working environment. The hardest part about this job was mainly the working hours; very poor.
Pros
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun place to work
Ride Operator/Barista (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 4, 2019
My day at work would be as a conductor on the Disneyland Railroad. I would also do lots of crowd supervision for the Disneyland Parades. I also worked in the Main Street Café as a Barista and Cashier working with a point of sales system
Pros
Free admission anytime
Cons
the magic of the atmosphere is lost
fun place to work
CASHIER/TRAINER/FOOD PREP/BAKER/ORDER COOK (Former Employee) –  main streetApril 3, 2019
great for growth
great customer service experience
flexible schedule
management is friendly
great perks
diverse
meet people from all over the world.
Low pay but best company culture you can ask for
Entertainment Costumer (Wardrobe) (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 3, 2019
So much fun to work for the mouse. For entry level, you don't get paid well and hours can be unpredicatable -minimum wage,early mornings or late evenings. However, there are a lot of retired or local student workers who work well with the schedule and pay situation. If you can afford it, it can also be a good opportunity to network and move into another department - I hear it is easier to get a lead position in this department. Although I don't know if it is still that way.
Pros
company culture
Cons
pay and hours
An amazing company to work for
ENTERTAINMENT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92802April 2, 2019
This company is the most amazing company I have ever worked for. The people there are truly there for your benefit and are able to help you grow within the company.
Loved working at Disney
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 2, 2019
Disneyland was a pretty awesome place to work. It is a bit strict, but as long as your responsible you shouldn’t have a problem. I was working here while I was in college and for the most part they worked with my schedule. There are a lot of opportunities for growth within the company! I made life long friends here , and even though it’ll the job was stressful at times , my coworkers still made the job fun! I only left because I moved out of state , but Disney has definitely helped me get jobs very easily just by having them on my resume.
Pros
Opportunities for growth, great management, free entrance, cast memeber discounts
Cons
Parking, work every holiday, late hours
Toxic
Wine Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 1, 2019
Poor pay combined with the illusion that the company values its cast members creates a toxic and discouraging environment. Mandatory extensions can be a serious problem when understaffed. We were often forced into OT several days in a row for weeks.
Pros
Free admission to DL
Cons
Cant afford to pkay in the park or civer bills or expenses. Pay is awful.
Disney employment
3rd shift custodial (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 1, 2019
the people that work for Disney truly are magical. They are loving, kind and helpful. Working 3rd shift is fun and peaceful. Getting up every night when everyone else is going to bed is hard but it's worth it
Pros
Magical place to work
Cons
don;'t pay a living wage
fun
Attractions Operator and Host (Current Employee) –  California Adventure, CAMarch 26, 2019
it was a good job but it wasn't for me I didn't like its that much and I would say universal is better then Disneyland with its hiring process and thats it
A good starting job for high school/college students & retirees
Stage Scheduler, Working Leader & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 26, 2019
This job is a good starting job for people who need money while going to school or to keep them busy after their retirement. Although there are many avenues to go and grow with the company, its a very toxic environment to work for. It felt like I was in all over again high school with all the backstabbing to get to the upper management/ TDA jobs. Cast members just complaining to the management on what they did not get or brining their personal problems to work. Managers not knowing what there doing or having their bias when it came to holding other cast members accountable. The hardest part about working their is that your dealing with a lot of personalities that may click or can clash which could lead to operations not being up to par. I learned a lot of life lessons that I have applied to my personal life and gained a lot of friendships from working there. Perks were decent if you were a full-time worker, but a not career job if you don't plan on moving up in the company. Be prepared to work a lot of weekends and holidays as its a 365 day operation.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Pay, Workplace culture is toxic
My review for disney
Steward (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 25, 2019
In december of 2017 I was hired by disney as steward-dishwasher it's a fast paced job if you can not do it they find other jobs for you what are good at
Pros
Park discounts
Cons
None a good management at disney
N/a
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 22, 2019
Working at Disneyland has its up and downs. The benefits are great but management makes it really hard to move up. As a working lead I feel like our support system is very minimal. The appreciation is very minimal. And they overwork us at times.
But the benefits are really great which is the reason I stayed at this job for longer than I intended too.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Understaffed and over worked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Disneyland Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

The Disneyland Resort Reviews by Location