The Dow Chemical Company
70Above average

The Dow Chemical Company Employee Reviews

United States1,365 reviews
Found 1,365 reviews matching the search
i worked for Acuren Inspections as a subcontractor to DOW.
Was an excellent work experience. Had I had more experience I would have chosen to stay there and retire. Would go back in a heartbeat. DOW employees were excellent to work with.
Pros
Team-building, variation of work duties, opportunity to learn
Cons
pay
It’s was all good
They gave you great Benefits and everything else and it’s a great place to work and you get good hours and I was glad I got to work there for the year I did
Great work-life balance but too much red tape.
Dow is a great place to work overall. Many people have been working at the company for over 20 years due to the work life balance. The company has a lot of red tape though when it comes to processes. It is understandable that safety should be a priority, but a lot of processes slow down work and leave people frustrated and confused. Dow could also do a better job in career advancement and opportunities for the entry level staff.
Pros
Work Life Balance, supportive management, Safety emphasis
Cons
Confusing processes, small budgets
Co Workers are not your friends
I was wrongfully terminated by a racist manager. I passed everything in order to be done as a trainee only to be terminated a week later because of overall performance which really didn't make sense. Mind you we were short staffed and going into the turnaround. It was so unfair that the unemployment commission are paying me benefits because they can't see where I was fired due to work misconduct.
Exciting coworkers
I get a call from any of the businesses in the plant for troubleshooting. I help out as much as possible with softwares like Caesar II, Compress and others
Pros
Team work
Cons
Working long hours without remuneration
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Brand recognition
Great company to work for with advance opportunities for your career
Great brand recognition in the market. Great continuous training program and career opportunities
Pros
Training
Job stability
Dow Chemical offers job stability with good benefits and a steady salary growth. Offer a variety of lateral growth opportunities. Great diverse work culture with exposure to complex project opportunities.
Learned a lot
Moving carrot, each year told what was important but at review time it was always something else that I should have done. Management uses peers against you to get what they want. Overworked with no real support, just a lot of handwaving and head nods. The pay and insurance was good and competitive.
High energy, motivated people
Dow Inc hires intelligent, motivated people who are goal oriented and seek continuous improvement. The culture provides resources and people to enable you to excel in a highly competitive environment.
Pros
Highly compensated
Cons
Work life balance is a challenge to achieve
Employee expierence will vary
Schedule leaves a lot to be desired. Management experience will vary with department. Morale is generally pretty low. Pay is some of the best in the area depending upon department
The work life balance is not that good in some roles and some managers do not recognize their teams contributions and don't care
Overall, it was great to work for Dow. I enjoyed my job and peers and had a couple managers who recognized my value and contributions to the company. Two managers were more about their advancement and felt all employees should be at their level and rated based on that instead of what the employees did and how they managed their role.
Great place to work, but new management is questionable.
I worked for The Dow Chemical Co for close to 21 years, reaching the top of my field. I was abruptly terminated recently and the new management style is the cause in my opinion. There is a disconnect currently between management and the work force.
Good group of people to work with
For the most part my experience was good. People I worked with were friendly and for the most part all got along well. The work was challenging and the company seems to care for their workers. I would have stayed if I had not transferred to an environment with management that created a toxic work environment. Dow offers a lot of incentive to work for them and if given the opportunity to work for better management I would have tried to stay. I would work for the company again, just not for certain individuals in the company.
Good people. Good infrastructure. Commute to workplace was easy.
Good atmosphere. More to learn and implement. If get a chance to work again (fulltime) will do consider.
Workplace inclusion
From day one I felt more included in the workplace than I had at most of my previous employers. It is clear that your voice matters and is heard above all else.
Good company
Good company to work for it was group contractors not Dow it is a good environment to work in very respectful and clean environment I really liked to work there
productive
Great opportunity and productive place to work, learned a lot of skills that will help with future endeavors. I would recommend this place to work for .
Great people - solid company
I loved my coworkers and boss. The company is top notch on safety and reliability. No complaints - left the company to raise children. Would go back if a position became available.
Great Company
Love this company. I feel so empower to do my job. I am learning new skills and I'm encourage to continue to develop myself at my own speed. Great leadership.
Great coworkers
Learned a lot. Great experience. Very busy with pump swaps. Long working days. Worked closely with engineers to troubleshoot problems within units.
Fun and productive environment.
I worked at DOW as an operator for 3 years. It was a rewarding place to work at. The people and management were great. They really value your contributions as a worker and maximize family time.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dow Chemical Company. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

58%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

42%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.