The Dow Chemical Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 972 reviews matching the search See all 1,189 reviews
work
Metal sorter (Former Employee) –  Corning, OHAugust 13, 2018
I would come in check all of my equipment. clean out what needs to be cleaned. before we started our work day. made sure equipment had fuel and hydraulic fluid.
Pros
work always went pretty fast
Cons
supervisor was terrible
Inclusive Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hahnville, LAAugust 9, 2018
This company is striving to create an inclusive and diverse environment. there is good potential for growth in most of the jobs but not very much growth opportunity as an administrative assistant.
Good benefits, great compensation, great employees, good working environment.
High Volume Silanes Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIAugust 8, 2018
Currently, there is a lot of organizational change resulting in inefficiencies in most roles. High turnover is also a challenge for the heritage Dow Corning locations that are adjusting to the Dow Chemical systems. There is a learning curve that the new organization needs to work through. That will happen in time. Dow compensates its employees well, and offers good benefits.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
A lot of ongoing organizational changes
Dow was a slow paced company
Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIAugust 7, 2018
Dow Chemical had great benefits but it is located in a small town where everyone who lives there works for the company. The company considers itself a "100+ startup" and has slow growth.
Dow is an excellent company to work for.
Sr. PROJECT MANAGER - SADARA Project (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
As I said Dow is an excellent company. People are engaged and committed. Company offers freedom to act in a very good work environment. I am proud of having worked at Dow.
Pros
Work environment.
Cons
None.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharette, GAAugust 3, 2018
worked for marketsource representing Dow; outsourced sales company to increase revenue on behalf of
dow. Not sure how much else I have to say, enjoyed the experience
Very exciting and challenging
Subject Matter Expert (SME) Expeditor / Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2018
Really enjoyed the Dow Chemical Company. Very challenging on getting equipment delivered on time to sites for turn-around and shut down projects. For new sites, working closely with Engineers and Project Managers on the details on the site.
Pros
managment did not look over your shoulder. Management was very supportive
Cons
drive
a very nice atmosphere and environment.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 2, 2018
Awesome! this company is nice to work for. there is a lot of dedication in the operations of this company. it has excellent customer service. the people here are very friendly and are very helpful as well. there are no complaints at all about this company. very nice to work for and be a part of the family.
Great place
Clerk/Porter (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAJuly 30, 2018
Great place to work work at your own pace working by myself I love the job which they wouldn’t lost the contract I would have still been with the company
Pros
Work at my own pace
Cons
Short breaks
dow
I/E Technician (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXJuly 30, 2018
management needs to change and listen to the employees and have better training programs for craft worker so that they can move up when there qualified not when the boss finely thinks your ready .
Pros
vacations Hrs
Cons
pay and promotions
Great people.
R&D Manager (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJuly 26, 2018
In the last 5 years company relocated labs/ offices twice with little regard to how it affects employees. Great place to work, if each relocation works for you.
Pros
Great people, always eager to help
Cons
Management is obsessed with short term performance at the expense of everything else.
Okay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Clemville, TXJuly 25, 2018
People are great there and i enjoyed working with them . Not too much work to do at all. I would tell anybody to go work out there with them guys....
Good Company to Work For
Energy Systems AC/GK, Firefighter (Current Employee) –  Institute, WVJuly 25, 2018
Enjoy working for Dow Chemical. I started as an hourly employee and now work salary as a member of the tech staff for the Energy Systems. It is a good company, with good benefits.
Great place to work.
Switchboard Agent, Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJuly 25, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Dow, I had a great boss that set you up to succeed in my job. Co-workers were there to help each other out to meet deadlines.
I love it
Distribution Operator (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXJuly 21, 2018
I love it best company so far. Great people and a lot to learn. Great paying company and the Benifits are perfect for a family and growing family......
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Pays well, poorly managed
Distribution Operator (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXJuly 20, 2018
Distribution operator role can be rewarding, but frustrating at times. Opportunity is there for those with initiative and good work ethic. Hours can be up to 16 a day at times
Pros
Opportunity and good py
Very busy and hectic
Environmental Health & Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJuly 17, 2018
My daily work day varies on what activities the plant have going on.. I am a Environmental Technician for 6 plants. I cover all their waste and water water needs or issues.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
When they have the cold red
excalent
Shipping/Receiving Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 15, 2018
I work as a subcontractor assigned to the dow chemical company.

I have work at this site for almost 8 years.
DOW is very safety orientated and safe work practices are always at the top of their day to day goals that assures that all personnel go home safe everyday.
Preliminary Impressions
MBA Internship/Consulting Assignments (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJuly 13, 2018
I was there for a short internship (3 months) and do not have grounded insights on the work or culture in the organization. My review is only based on preliminary impressions.
Good Benefits/Poor Management
C&SU Analytical Technician (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJuly 12, 2018
Overall a good place to work depending on what business you are in. Most managers only stay in their role 2 years and promote up so you really never get to know your managers. If you do not have a bachelors degree there is very little room to advance.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
lack of training, support, and advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dow Chemical Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight