The Dow Chemical Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,104 reviews matching the search See all 1,345 reviews
Uncertainty in the environment
Procurement and Freight Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIFebruary 13, 2019
They are always restructuring and laying off people. Security is an issue with this company. If you are retained, it is a good company to work for but they are always moving folks in and out of there.
Dow Chemical
ODMS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 13, 2019
Vast amount of experience in comprehensive corporate management system that integrates the management systems for Manufacturing, Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
stress
Relaxed
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIFebruary 12, 2019
Seems to be easy going in terms of management, likes to promote within or diversity, maybe not the best for the job. Overall, everyone seems pleased there.
Productive work place
Senior Service Manager Exchange (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIFebruary 10, 2019
They provided the tools to make you a successful employee. Was a real family atmosphere at the work place. Was fast paced work environment with many opportunities to grow
Pros
Challenging place to work
Cons
Work force reduction
Crafts we're good and dedicated.
Machinist Millwright (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXFebruary 10, 2019
They will train you and teach you and brainwash you pet you play the best of the best employees. Then they change your minds and go a different direction and want contractors because it saves money don't matter that there's no job over shape anymore and they just beat it together and get out of there call it fixed. Ownership made the equipment last longer when it was installed properly and discovered what the failure was and quit fighting the fires.
Pros
Training
Cons
No job security
Great work life balance
Document Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIFebruary 7, 2019
The Dow Chemical Company is a great place to work. The salary, benefits, and work life balance are not comparable for the area. Job advancement is difficult within the administrative field if you wish to advance into a career level role or more technical role. You have to take your career advancement into your own hands and make your own opportunities. Technical level roles are well supported for advancement.
Dow
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Hahnville, LAFebruary 6, 2019
Great people to work with. Extremely helpful during training process. Very clean and up to date facility. Benefits are some of the best I've seen. Twelve hour rotating shifts.
Working at Dow
Document Administrative/Kelly Service (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAFebruary 5, 2019
A typical day at work was great. I learned a lot at Dow. The management was not to bad The workplace was laid back. You was treated like and adult. I enjoyed working at Dow.
Great company with career advancement opportunities
Account Manager - Packaging & Specialty Plastics (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2019
The Dow Chemical Company is a very respectable organization. The company offers career growth opportunities and flexibility towards employee's desires. Commercial side pushes very hard for results, but benefits compensate for such approach.
Challenging but rewarding
HR Business Partner - R&D (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXFebruary 4, 2019
Awesome place to learn and grow. Happy with what I've learned in my present and former jobs. Happy to collaborate with team members and managers. The company made me who I am today.
Pros
Awesome learning
Cons
Rapid changes
Hardworking Workplace
Cement Finisher (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAFebruary 2, 2019
I loved the experience of working for Dow, you can learn many great things just by working around others. It's a fast pace company and you also have to follow a lot of rules when working for this company. One tip is that you should always try not to be late unless to have an excuse because showing up late can result in you getting fired.
Productive place of work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAJanuary 29, 2019
Safe and friendly company to work at . Good facility and friendly coworkers with good ethics and personality. Job location is drug free with a supportive management.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Pretty Standard
Improvement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAJanuary 28, 2019
My time at Dow seems to be similar to the experiences of my friends and peers who I graduated with. The workplace culture is good, but seems to cater to older employees.
Excellent place to learn in the chemical process industry
Development Engineer, Chlorine Plant Area Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAJanuary 28, 2019
Many opportunities to learn and develop your skills in the chemical process industry. Many talented, experienced people (technical and non-technical) worked there.
Very professional, structured, excellent safety training and family oriented.
Systems Engineer-Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJanuary 28, 2019
This was my first corporate position for a large company. I had excellent training with the latest computer technology. I developed time management training. I was provided IBM, Mac, Pc,VAx/DEC, Training paid for. Everyone one I worked with was the very best at what they did. I always couldn't wait to go to work everyday. I was challenged and learned more in that job than most I have worked. It was my first job that I needed to have gov. clearance.
Pros
Lived 2 miles from the work place, hours where great. I had my own office
Cons
Advancement was tough and we were downsizing.
Very friendly staff
IT Deployment Tech (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KY 42701January 26, 2019
Temporary assignment - very enjoyable people to work with. Efficient break-room areas. The leading manager was very knowledgeable about her role/job. Company location was minutes from the expressway.
Pros
Smoke free environment
Cons
Contractor - no long term benefits
Well Structure
Operator and Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJanuary 25, 2019
A good company to gain experience and training. They have ample opportunities to learn about different areas, many different volunteer opportunities and provide excellent training.
I do not want to write a review
HR (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIJanuary 23, 2019
I did not enjoy my time here

I do not feel that I was given a fair chance to succeed

I feel that I was underestimated and consistently criticized instead of helped.
Logistics tech (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2019
Very laid back, communication is great and has to be to complete daily task. Various jobs that kept you busy and a sometimes fun place to work. Getting to see a finished product was very cool
Poor Expierence
Multi-Purpose Operator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJanuary 20, 2019
Started their thinking I would retire form their, but straight in the door you are treated as an outsider, and are expected to train yourself with minimal guidance, getting reprimanded for not knowing when you didn't know what you needed to know. Promotions are not the same as in other companies I have worked for. Other places when you get promoted you get a raise with it, not true for here. Even though you are the candidate they picked, you still need to prove that you deserve the money for the role you are now performing. A promotion is strictly a pay increase, not a role change with more responsibilities. Management, while there are good and bad managers, they way they go about it only benefits the managers. Managers stay in their role for 2 to 3 years, then move on. Great for them, not for the people who stay in the same area. This cause the daily dynamic to shift, so that what was once the normal way of doing things, changes to suit the whims of who's in charge now. This also creates work load increase since the managers are climbing the ladder, they need to institute new programs to add to their accolades, great for them, but the works are stuck following these along with all that came before and what will come in the future. I wanted to work till retirement, but the compounding workload increases the stress and my health continues to decline.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Dow Chemical Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight