The Edge Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Best. Job. Ever.
Membership Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTNovember 15, 2018
I've been an employee of the Edge for almost a full year now and I have never been happier anywhere else. I enjoy going to work mostly every day and love the team I work with. The managers in my specific club are great about communication and being clear about what expectations they have of you. It can be a fast paced and cut throat environment but that's what sales is. This is the perfect company for you if you are looking to get started in the fitness industry and are willing to work hard daily. It is so awesome being able to change peoples lives every single day. The senior staff and higher management will remember your name and who you are. You're not just another employee to them. Everyone is so kind and wants the best for you. This is the company for you if you are looking to move up, they are growing extremely quickly and there is so much opportunity. Just work hard and you'll be rewarded!
Pros
opportunity for growth, management, fun enviornment
Cons
hours, never have 2 days off in a row unless you use PTO
Greeting incoming guest and introducing them to fitness if unfamiliar.
Membership Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTNovember 10, 2018
A day at the Edge Fitness Clubs was fun. Walking into work everyday with a smile upon my face ready to make a major impact on somebody, anybody life. Learning how to help people understand what fitness can do for you in your normal daily activities. Introducing people to the fitness world. The best part of working there is that i know at the end of the day i have helped someone start a new journey on fitness.
I love my job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington Township, NJOctober 9, 2018
I think they're pretty fair and show no favoritism you work hard but you are fairly rewarded you just have to be good at sales. Management is awesome. I enjoy having a free membership it's definitely improved my physique
Pros
Free membership free training sessions awesome management
Cons
Work weekends
Fun, yet competitive position with a fast moving company!
Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 1, 2018
Was there for over two years, pretty much had the same salary for all two + years. You get a free gym membership and free training sessions weekly, which I benefited from, but it is competitive and cut-throat. You always have to work hard and there isn't much downtime. Sometimes there are unrealistic membership goals, but that can vary by location. I LOVED meeting new people; while I don't exactly miss the day to day rush of sales and quotas, I do miss seeing the people I spoke with everyday. A good job if you're coming out of college, looking to start a fitness/sales career. Scheduling was EXCELLENT for days off, as long as you gave a month's of so notice you were good to go. Management was poor when I first started but became amazing over the two years. Flexible scheduling if you have other things going on, as long as it didn't happen weekly. (Every so often). Definitely recommend this place to work!
Pros
Free gym membership, free training sessions weekly, meeting some amazing people
Cons
Work/Life balance deteriorates depending on your shift, required work on days off at end of month, no raise based on time with company
hire quality management
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 20, 2018
Management needs to hire responsible and mature employees. Members complain that employees are not communicative, complaints about manager being lazy.
Pros
networking
Cons
not qualified managers
Competitive
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 13, 2018
Lots of switching of schedules and hiring of staff.
Hours and classes cut regularly.
Typical day was teaching a form of group fitness classes to a range of population
Pros
Wonderful employees
Cons
hours and class cut often
Day to day
Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 3, 2018
Very good place to work but very political. You have to meet x ammount of KPIS. you need to be early. its a very strict job. and personally I feel like they care more about quantity vs quality.
Productive, High energy Environment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJuly 20, 2018
The Edge Fitness Clubs make you feel like family. As a part of the Edge team for over a year I love how they push you day in and day out! They embody what a tight knit community is like. Mentally, and physically you are taught to be fierce and driven. In order to build up your clientele book you have to be tough.
friendly and productive workplace with good music.
Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJuly 10, 2018
- frequently busy workplace
- poor management
- fairly diverse
- hardest part of the job is building rapport with prospects if you were just joining the company because all the other membership advisers had a lot of clientele
Pros
free membership, got to workout on our breaks..
Cons
too loud of a wokrplace.
Incredible from the Top down
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJuly 3, 2018
If you truly have a passion for member experience and transforming lives through health and fitness..join The Edge Fitness Clubs. Together we are Edge Strong!
Fun place to work. Customers were always friendly.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 11, 2018
Work place was fun. Always connecting with the customers and having great relationships with the staff and club members too. Very friendly environment with very customer and kept them happy.
Pros
Free samples and discounts on products. Free membership.
Cons
Slow at times. Short staffed.
Great place to work for
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMay 24, 2018
This company was one of the best I have ever worked for. The management and people there are amazing. The pay is not great but worth it for your happiness.
Part time child care worker
KidzKare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time working here from 2012-2015. I was a child care worker part time and had a fun job of caring for children. Everyone was professional and friendly.
Productive and Fun Experience
Norwalk Edge Kids Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 5, 2018
A typical day for me was 2 split shifts to arrive to from 8-12:30 and 4-8:30. I worked 40 hours a week and had the ability to create my own hours. The workplace is very fun and I've met plenty of good-hearted people. Overall a wholesome environment.
Fast paced work place where you can really help people
Personal Trainer/Group Instructor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMarch 2, 2018
A typical day at work would be dependent on how many clients you had. A great day would be a day full of clients.

If you want to help lot of people and have the drive to gain clientele. This is a great job for you.
Great product offerings, poor upper/corp communication and advancement
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 20, 2018
My typical day at work was arriving at 5:30am reviewing the daily schedule, prepping all the trainers in morning (17) Running financial reports to populate many spreadsheets. Set the daily business goals for the day, make all staff informed of where we are to date against budget and action plans for the day. Work the front desk being the mayor and speaking with as many members as possible. Sell personal training and supplements maintain a 15k new business under myself.
Pros
Health benefits and pay
Cons
constant change in policies
Fun place to work at my age
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Washington Township, NJFebruary 16, 2018
Overall good place to work and advance in conpany of you are lower age, management is good and they are very picky on who they hire. I would recommend this job to anyone my age.
False Promises
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Deptford, NJJanuary 21, 2018
Edge will lie to you and tell you its about changing lives and doing whats best for the members, but in reality its all about the numbers. Sell Sell Sell. I was told i should be able to sell PT to any member, even the biggest meat head. And I have to sell supplements on top of that. There are quotas to meet and you have to sit down with your manager once every so often to go over your clients progress. There is that constant 'dark shadow looming over you, watching your every move' feeling. They promise you can make over 100k a year, but the numbers to hit that salary are next to impossible. Go else where, you will be happier.
Pros
Access to large gym, top of the line equipement
Cons
Poor management, all about hitting quotas and selling
Getting to big to fast.
Manager (Former Employee) –  CTJanuary 18, 2018
When the fitness chain was privately owned they handpicked their staff, but now with being acquired by a corporation the focus is on the bottom line and making money and not hiring quality prospects and maintaining relationships with hardworking employees.
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
billed for membership even as an employee for months
Best job ever
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Deptford, NJJanuary 6, 2018
I’ve been working at a The Edge Fitnesa Clubs for several months, and have been a part of each grand opening of the Clubs in NJ. I’m SO blessed to have the opportunity to work for such an amazing company.

Employee training was two full weeks, taking time to teach us background of the company, introduce us to the owners and several corporate staff, and teaching us how to effectively do our jobs. We even learned about every department in the company, not just the ones we specifically were hired for.

There is SO much opportunity for career advancement. I have been with the company for three months, and am already being promoted. My manager is huge on telling everyone where they can grow in the company, and making sure they get there.

All in all, I thank God every day for putting me with this company. I am SO blessed!
Pros
Discounts, free memberships, career advancement opportunities, fun work environment, competitve
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Edge Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.