The Edge Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

PreScreen
Wasted Time (Former Employee) –  Waste Your Time Newark DelawareJanuary 17, 2019
Horrible prescreen. Will make it seem like you have a job only to email you telling you that you didn’t get the job. They run their whole screening through email. It’s unprofessional.
Terrible workplaces, that makes you depressed.
Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Delran, NJJanuary 16, 2019
- Typical work day.... you harass people from the moment you walk in until the moment you walk out, by constantly calling them and texting them
- I learned to only trust yourself
-Management is rude, fake, two faced, disrespectful, harasses employees, makes you feel unworthy of anything, think's it's okay to degrade their employees and mock them. Expects you to work like a robot and looks at you like numbers not as a human.
-Workplace culture is fake and overly competitive
-Hardest part of the job is sitting in such a horrible environment for so long. Being treated like a slave.
-Nothing is enjoyable besides the money, but even that isn't worth it.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Everything...dont be a membership advisor unless you want to be a robot.
A place where you can make a difference.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTJanuary 11, 2019
The best part about the job is that every single day is different. We get to meet so many new people and we are able to help those people on so many levels-help them lose weight, gain confidence, go off medication, gain muscle, make friends, be a part of something bigger!

I have learned that I am in charge of my future. The Edge Management recognizes potential and they invest in my future-I get out of my career what I put into it. The culture is fun, energetic, team oriented and competitive.
Pros
Excellent culture and family environment, there is a true commitment to changing lives, fitness is top notch, PT and Group Exercise and Strong classes are awesome
Cons
Can't think of any
If your starting out...
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJanuary 6, 2019
The one thing they have going for them is that they will give you a lot of leads for the assessment and a great facility. Unfortunately this is overshadowed by the multiple sales goals (PT, supplements). Not to mention the edge challenge team you have to put together every 3 months. You know it’s bad when they have to recruit gym members to become personal trainers.
Pros
Great trainer academy and lead system.
Cons
Multiple sales goals. Cut throat work environment. Poor management.
A great company to avoid
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Rather Not SayJanuary 5, 2019
They start with some of the poorest leadership in the industry. Play favorites with everything. Many managers dating or related. Too much busy work/emails & new"activities"added regularly. If it can be overcomplicated, they will & make it policy. Pt program is absolute billing/customer service nightmare. Huge pt sales needed regularly just to maintain.

They brand like no other & their newer clubs are nice looking.
Pros
Compensation, but that's getting watered down.
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Competitive, friendly
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTDecember 19, 2018
Motivational
Friendly
Organized
Very high expectations
My fitness manager was rude
Hardest part of the joib was finding new clients during the slow months especially
Best. Job. Ever.
Membership Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTNovember 15, 2018
I've been an employee of the Edge for almost a full year now and I have never been happier anywhere else. I enjoy going to work mostly every day and love the team I work with. The managers in my specific club are great about communication and being clear about what expectations they have of you. It can be a fast paced and cut throat environment but that's what sales is. This is the perfect company for you if you are looking to get started in the fitness industry and are willing to work hard daily. It is so awesome being able to change peoples lives every single day. The senior staff and higher management will remember your name and who you are. You're not just another employee to them. Everyone is so kind and wants the best for you. This is the company for you if you are looking to move up, they are growing extremely quickly and there is so much opportunity. Just work hard and you'll be rewarded!
Pros
opportunity for growth, management, fun enviornment
Cons
hours, never have 2 days off in a row unless you use PTO
Greeting incoming guest and introducing them to fitness if unfamiliar.
Membership Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTNovember 10, 2018
A day at the Edge Fitness Clubs was fun. Walking into work everyday with a smile upon my face ready to make a major impact on somebody, anybody life. Learning how to help people understand what fitness can do for you in your normal daily activities. Introducing people to the fitness world. The best part of working there is that i know at the end of the day i have helped someone start a new journey on fitness.
Awesome company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington Township, NJNovember 10, 2018
Learned so much from the edge fitness clubs. They are all about positive coaching and leadership. With positivity comes success. The owners are great, very friendly and outgoing. Loved all the members and love helping change lives. Would definitely go work for them again. The manager I worked under lacked communication and positivity and for that alone is the main reason why I don’t work there anymore. I was the sales manager for the twp location
Pros
Gym membership, leadership training.
Cons
Direct manager at the time.
I love my job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington Township, NJOctober 9, 2018
I think they're pretty fair and show no favoritism you work hard but you are fairly rewarded you just have to be good at sales. Management is awesome. I enjoy having a free membership it's definitely improved my physique
Pros
Free membership free training sessions awesome management
Cons
Work weekends
Fun, yet competitive position with a fast moving company!
Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 1, 2018
Was there for over two years, pretty much had the same salary for all two + years. You get a free gym membership and free training sessions weekly, which I benefited from, but it is competitive and cut-throat. You always have to work hard and there isn't much downtime. Sometimes there are unrealistic membership goals, but that can vary by location. I LOVED meeting new people; while I don't exactly miss the day to day rush of sales and quotas, I do miss seeing the people I spoke with everyday. A good job if you're coming out of college, looking to start a fitness/sales career. Scheduling was EXCELLENT for days off, as long as you gave a month's of so notice you were good to go. Management was poor when I first started but became amazing over the two years. Flexible scheduling if you have other things going on, as long as it didn't happen weekly. (Every so often). Definitely recommend this place to work!
Pros
Free gym membership, free training sessions weekly, meeting some amazing people
Cons
Work/Life balance deteriorates depending on your shift, required work on days off at end of month, no raise based on time with company
hire quality management
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 20, 2018
Management needs to hire responsible and mature employees. Members complain that employees are not communicative, complaints about manager being lazy.
Pros
networking
Cons
not qualified managers
Competitive
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 13, 2018
Lots of switching of schedules and hiring of staff.
Hours and classes cut regularly.
Typical day was teaching a form of group fitness classes to a range of population
Pros
Wonderful employees
Cons
hours and class cut often
Day to day
Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 3, 2018
Very good place to work but very political. You have to meet x ammount of KPIS. you need to be early. its a very strict job. and personally I feel like they care more about quantity vs quality.
Productive, High energy Environment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJuly 20, 2018
The Edge Fitness Clubs make you feel like family. As a part of the Edge team for over a year I love how they push you day in and day out! They embody what a tight knit community is like. Mentally, and physically you are taught to be fierce and driven. In order to build up your clientele book you have to be tough.
friendly and productive workplace with good music.
Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJuly 10, 2018
- frequently busy workplace
- poor management
- fairly diverse
- hardest part of the job is building rapport with prospects if you were just joining the company because all the other membership advisers had a lot of clientele
Pros
free membership, got to workout on our breaks..
Cons
too loud of a wokrplace.
Incredible from the Top down
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJuly 3, 2018
If you truly have a passion for member experience and transforming lives through health and fitness..join The Edge Fitness Clubs. Together we are Edge Strong!
Fun place to work. Customers were always friendly.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 11, 2018
Work place was fun. Always connecting with the customers and having great relationships with the staff and club members too. Very friendly environment with very customer and kept them happy.
Pros
Free samples and discounts on products. Free membership.
Cons
Slow at times. Short staffed.
Great place to work for
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMay 24, 2018
This company was one of the best I have ever worked for. The management and people there are amazing. The pay is not great but worth it for your happiness.
Part time child care worker
KidzKare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time working here from 2012-2015. I was a child care worker part time and had a fun job of caring for children. Everyone was professional and friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Edge Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.