The Edge Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

hire quality management
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 20, 2018
Management needs to hire responsible and mature employees. Members complain that employees are not communicative, complaints about manager being lazy.
Pros
networking
Cons
not qualified managers
Day to day
Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 3, 2018
Very good place to work but very political. You have to meet x ammount of KPIS. you need to be early. its a very strict job. and personally I feel like they care more about quantity vs quality.
Productive, High energy Environment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJuly 20, 2018
The Edge Fitness Clubs make you feel like family. As a part of the Edge team for over a year I love how they push you day in and day out! They embody what a tight knit community is like. Mentally, and physically you are taught to be fierce and driven. In order to build up your clientele book you have to be tough.
friendly and productive workplace with good music.
Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJuly 10, 2018
- frequently busy workplace
- poor management
- fairly diverse
- hardest part of the job is building rapport with prospects if you were just joining the company because all the other membership advisers had a lot of clientele
Pros
free membership, got to workout on our breaks..
Cons
too loud of a wokrplace.
Incredible from the Top down
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJuly 3, 2018
If you truly have a passion for member experience and transforming lives through health and fitness..join The Edge Fitness Clubs. Together we are Edge Strong!
Fun place to work. Customers were always friendly.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 11, 2018
Work place was fun. Always connecting with the customers and having great relationships with the staff and club members too. Very friendly environment with very customer and kept them happy.
Pros
Free samples and discounts on products. Free membership.
Cons
Slow at times. Short staffed.
Great place to work for
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMay 24, 2018
This company was one of the best I have ever worked for. The management and people there are amazing. The pay is not great but worth it for your happiness.
Part time child care worker
KidzKare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time working here from 2012-2015. I was a child care worker part time and had a fun job of caring for children. Everyone was professional and friendly.
Productive and Fun Experience
Norwalk Edge Kids Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 5, 2018
A typical day for me was 2 split shifts to arrive to from 8-12:30 and 4-8:30. I worked 40 hours a week and had the ability to create my own hours. The workplace is very fun and I've met plenty of good-hearted people. Overall a wholesome environment.
Fast paced work place where you can really help people
Personal Trainer/Group Instructor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMarch 2, 2018
A typical day at work would be dependent on how many clients you had. A great day would be a day full of clients.

If you want to help lot of people and have the drive to gain clientele. This is a great job for you.

Want to know more about The Edge Fitness Clubs?

Ask a question
Great product offerings, poor upper/corp communication and advancement
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 20, 2018
My typical day at work was arriving at 5:30am reviewing the daily schedule, prepping all the trainers in morning (17) Running financial reports to populate many spreadsheets. Set the daily business goals for the day, make all staff informed of where we are to date against budget and action plans for the day. Work the front desk being the mayor and speaking with as many members as possible. Sell personal training and supplements maintain a 15k new business under myself.
Pros
Health benefits and pay
Cons
constant change in policies
Fun place to work at my age
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Washington Township, NJFebruary 16, 2018
Overall good place to work and advance in conpany of you are lower age, management is good and they are very picky on who they hire. I would recommend this job to anyone my age.
False Promises
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Deptford, NJJanuary 21, 2018
Edge will lie to you and tell you its about changing lives and doing whats best for the members, but in reality its all about the numbers. Sell Sell Sell. I was told i should be able to sell PT to any member, even the biggest meat head. And I have to sell supplements on top of that. There are quotas to meet and you have to sit down with your manager once every so often to go over your clients progress. There is that constant 'dark shadow looming over you, watching your every move' feeling. They promise you can make over 100k a year, but the numbers to hit that salary are next to impossible. Go else where, you will be happier.
Pros
Access to large gym, top of the line equipement
Cons
Poor management, all about hitting quotas and selling
Getting to big to fast.
Manager (Former Employee) –  CTJanuary 18, 2018
When the fitness chain was privately owned they handpicked their staff, but now with being acquired by a corporation the focus is on the bottom line and making money and not hiring quality prospects and maintaining relationships with hardworking employees.
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
billed for membership even as an employee for months
Best job ever
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Deptford, NJJanuary 6, 2018
I’ve been working at a The Edge Fitnesa Clubs for several months, and have been a part of each grand opening of the Clubs in NJ. I’m SO blessed to have the opportunity to work for such an amazing company.

Employee training was two full weeks, taking time to teach us background of the company, introduce us to the owners and several corporate staff, and teaching us how to effectively do our jobs. We even learned about every department in the company, not just the ones we specifically were hired for.

There is SO much opportunity for career advancement. I have been with the company for three months, and am already being promoted. My manager is huge on telling everyone where they can grow in the company, and making sure they get there.

All in all, I thank God every day for putting me with this company. I am SO blessed!
Pros
Discounts, free memberships, career advancement opportunities, fun work environment, competitve
Working at the Edge
Fitness Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTJanuary 5, 2018
The Edge Fitness clubs claims to hold high regard for a work/life balance but does not uphold this. They expect their employees to give 110% of their energy, time and commitment to their job 100% of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and providing a fantastic customer/member experience. The company is currently growing and always actively hiring.
Good Compensation but Awful Work Environment
Fitness Manager/Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJanuary 2, 2018
There is no direction or plan for growth. There is no stability or security in any role. Hard work often goes unnoticed and the member experience is very poor.
Pros
compensation
Cons
work-life balance and lack of advancement options
Lead Coach (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 15, 2017
Working at the Edge Fitness Club is really fun it’s a good fit for me. They care about their employees and the kids are amazing over there. I like it.
Fun company, good work environment
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Derby, CTNovember 12, 2017
The Edge is a fun company to be a part of! Currently growing into different locations, which is very exciting. My day to day is never boring and I always look forward to coming into work. Relaxed culture and management is helpful with any questions or concerns I have.
They're a growing company who's going thru growing pains
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTOctober 27, 2017
Great place to work, just a shortage of quality managers. You can't have immature 20 year olds trying to manage different personalities. They need to filter their managers better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Edge Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about