The Edinburg Center Employee Reviews

Not a great culture or structure for peer specialists
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 15, 2018
Great organization, lack of focus and understanding in terms of their peer support program. This is unfortunate because they have many other staff members who would really like to learn about the role and ethics of CPSs.
productive
janitorial (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAJune 11, 2018
i know a lot of people at the edinburg center. it is a good environment and i love my boss. she is so nice. i would definitely recommend this job to someone else. it is a very slow-paced environment.
Very strict on production.
Administrative Coordinator, CBFS (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MA 01730April 25, 2018
Great place to work. Good people. Not much to say cause I still work here. The approach to recover is pretty standard. My concern has been- retention.
Pros
Very friendly, celebrates recovery.
Cons
No advancement.
Edinburg
Recovery Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 25, 2018
This job was not a good fit for me. I would not recommend this company for a full time job. There are mandated days and 14 hour weekend shifts. The work-life balance does not exist.
Productive place and people with full energy to help others
Mental Health Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 13, 2018
Great place to work at, given chance they can proof to be exceptional. There is always an opportunity to transform.

I work 40hrs, and my schedule is very flexible and my managers always allowing me to flex on how I want to work with my clients. Very fun and supportive team of 12 people. Meetings are very productive and we problem solve rather than bringing complaints.

The hardest part of the job is that we work with clients who are in the journey to recover, but its important to understand some of them will take them time. Therefore, it is important to go with their pace.

Being compassionate, patient and the spirit of servant-hood is very critical to this job. It is also important to be a person's people to like any health job where you have to do direct care.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Healthcare
Excellent Paid Time Off - Poor Work Life Balance
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAJanuary 16, 2018
Company offers great paid time off but limited work life balance. Environment is not positive but perhaps one day that will change. They always have trouble retaining employees for this reason. Not good for the individuals the programs serve.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
Bad Management, Poorly Organized, Low Budget for Programs, No Work Life Balance
Edinburg is a really fun place to work. The staff at the main office are pleasant to deal with. Usually you deal with some type of behavioral issue bu
Human Services House Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MASeptember 19, 2017
I have been working for the Edinburg for almost sixteen years. I have been treated equally. One part I like the most is when they are having a party and everyone get together to enjoy and relax. I have learned that everyone on earth has a disability, it does not matter how many college degrees you have.
Recovery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMay 5, 2017
Everyone who works there is amazing and supportive!! The center utilizes a holistic approach to mental health and is linked up to community resources such as NAMI and employment services. Trainings are provided and I have not run into a bad manager/ person yet. The culture is awesome and very recovery oriented and person-centered and the work force is very diverse which is awesome.
Slow-Paced
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 4, 2017
ok place to work but the management is not that great. They like to follow chain of command when it comes to trying to get someone fired but the management staff are completely aggravating and do not carry any type of professional attitudes.
Social Service Agency with a big heart
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAApril 21, 2017
Nice blend of long service employees and recent grads all working together for the benefit of a social service agency with a dedicated mission. Good life/work balance, dedicated staff, promotions from within and very good benefit package.
Pros
Good job/life balance, dedicated staff, promotions from within, and good benefits
Met Some Great people there
• Entered Daily Transaction Reports
• Entered Insurance information in EHR
Flexlible
COUNCILOR 1 (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJune 15, 2016
Very good place to work for because of the high quality of the management. They have respect for their staff and patients.
Pros
High quality hospitality of the management
Cons
No pros
This position has and continues to be an extremely positive experience and has allowed for significant personal, academic, and professional growth.
Lead Clinician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAMay 19, 2015
Having begun working in a residential program initially, obtaining an outreach, manager-level, position was not without challenges. These challenges, however, provides the opportunity to supervise staff and oversee clinical care of clients, which has allowed for growth on multiple levels. I have learned a significant amount about the field of mental health, improved my ability to effectively write and implement treatment plans, and conduct client intakes as well as write comprehensive assessments. I have additionally learned, and continue to learn, how to effectively supervise staff and work with challenging clientele, which has been a rewarding experience for me.
Work can be hectic and stressful most days.
OVERNIGHT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAMarch 1, 2015
Some days can be hectic and sometimes staff can work without taking a break. Work can also be stressful and must find ways to avert challenging situations. co-workers support each other to get the job done. The hardest part of the job is the amount of stress encountered/experienced. The rewarding or enjoyable part of the job is seeing the clients do well.
Pros
Staff are supportive
Cons
The job can be quite stressful at times.
Working at the Edinburg Center was fulfilling yet stressful.
Residential Counsellor (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 28, 2014
A typical day at work included rehabilitation with clients, paperwork, outings, and medication administration. This was my first position in the mental health field and therefore learned very much from my supervisors and co-workers. Some of the bonds with co-workers will be lifelong and others forgettable. The hardest part of the day is crisis prevention and administration and also how to separate work life and home life. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you connect with a client and feel that you have made their life better.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Cleaning
Productive and rewarding place to work
Recovery counselor (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 21, 2014
This is a great place to work. They provide Great trainings. Great benefits and they provide tuition reimbursement. Co workers are great; they really understand the concept of team work.
Pros
Free downtime
Life Changing
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 12, 2014
Help human beings transform their lives. Diversified responsibility and condusive work environment.
A very difficult place to work
Recovery Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Lexington MAMay 3, 2013
As an entry level Residential Counselor you will be expected to deal with everything under the sun, and do the impossible. Constantly. And you will be expected to work for next to nothing, with virtually no advancement and only a 30 cent annual raise to look forward to. Management is sketchy at best, relevant training and supervision are mostly non existent. Clients are severely challenging, and houses are largely staffed by apathetic relief staff from random employment agencies due to rapid staff turnover.
Pros
Great paid time off, Good benefits (for those who can afford them), Great co-workers (until they quit)
Cons
Please see below.
Dynamic environment to work with Mentally Ill clients
Recovery Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAApril 15, 2013
I work at a residential home for clients with mental illnesses or dual diagnoses also encompassing developmental disabilities. I am responsible for providing recovery oriented psychosocial rehabilitation individual to each client's action plan. During the day, I complete day-to-day administrative duties, including contacting health care providers, doctors, and care-takers. I am efficient in communication skills, filling out medical paperwork, and answering telephones to ensuring client privacy in regards to Health information. I also am in direct contact with my client's doctors in order to relay specific health information and paperwork according to the state’s documentation procedures. This job allows me to gain a broader perspective of the individual needs of a client with a mental illness and the administrative processes of working in an office. During the day, I work mainly in the office to complete administrative duties and paperwork for my clients. During evening shifts, I work with three other staff members to provide recovery rehabilitation to clients. One of the hardest parts of my job is working with adults whom are already set in their ways and struggle with learning new skills towards their individualized goals. Staff members are able to collaborate with each other effectively for new strategies to refocus these clients towards their life goals and rehabilitative plans. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the positive impact my services have on clients and knowing that I am a positive influence on their lives.
Pros
accumulated vacation time, healthcare, dental
Cons
work hours aren't very flexible, minimal pay