The Educational Alliance Employee Reviews

Happy
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2019
They offer some many services for the children ad families the staff was very helpful and informative .The supervisor was always founding was to improve the staff
Excellent . Happy place to work, staff focused on being the best and proud of the work th
Program Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2019
Exceptional and opportunities to advance are everywhere. They thrive in change and support staff.
Community impact is noteworthy with focus on services for family and individuals.

Smart professional proud people work here. Everyday is different and challenging.
Pros
Professional Development
Suck
Cook Helper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2019
Educational alliance suck they use you give u low pay and don't care about u or how hard you've worked not a good place to work at all simple it was not a good place to work
Pros
Cons
They suck
Wonderful environment to work in!
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2017
I enjoyed working with the various cultures in the community and feel the agency truly embraced culture diversity. Management is very supportive and it's a fairly relaxed environment.
Pros
Working with the diverse community, relaxed environment
Cons
Low pay, limited opportunities for advancement
Currently working under the organization...
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2017
As a Group Leader I can not stress enough how much I enjoy my days working here. Firstly, the school is located in a bright area with plenty of windows and room for sunshine, to brighten any gloomy day. Secondly I work with elementary students, and they do not get any better then that! I love each and everyone of them to death, and despite the TUDES and out of control behavior they may present, their sweet faces can brighten any day as well! I think it's all about perspective when working with children, if you take them as they are, for children their craziness will not be too much of a bother, because they are just that... children. In regards to management, the HR dept. is scattered and well not the best, but when it narrows down to who I actually report to on a daily basis they are truly the leaders and foundation of the environment I am in. All of the staff is a team, and we all share one thing in common -- humility and team work.
Pros
Many
Cons
Hardly Any
Community Based Arts Center
Ceramic Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2017
The Educational Alliance is a small yet highly influential community center in lower Manhattan. They offer a wide variety of fine arts classes from painting, ceramics, and sculpture.
Pretty good place to work at
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2016
I loved the management and the children. I worked as a group leader with Kindergarten. The only reason I left was because personal issues arose but the pay was great and the culture was too. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Some experience
Substitute/Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 13, 2016
The Educational Alliance supports their staff in their education. An excellent organization to work for if you are pursuing your pre or professional licensure.
Pros
Flexible
different experience
Camp Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2015
This job kept me on my toes when working with young children. It gave me the opportunity to put together lesson plans and learn more about each student.
Helping People
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2014
Teachers really care about the children and Families of the program.
Pros
Great Co Workers
Cons
Lack of Supervision
not much of a productive day
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2014
I worked 3 months for this agency. I have to say that I had a horrible experience. I tough that leaving my first job for this one was going to make a difference, in terms of helping children. I had bad encounters with the lead teach, she used to scream at the kids and the agency had a lot of uncompliances. On my fist day, the lead teacher never stop to tell me the rules of the classroom or at least to tell me my responsibilities. She spent most of the day out of the classroom than inside. I encountered other problems that i won't mention because is not worth it. These three months were very hard for me in my professional and personal life, because it cost me a lot of patience to deal with this teacher who also was hired with no experience from the agency. However. I also have to say that the other staff members treated me with respect and were very helpful.
Cons
low salary, no health insurance after 3 months, no scholarships for my education after I had 1 year, etc.
Vibrant Environment
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2014
Diverse, vibrant environment. Definitely get to experience the culture of the Lower East Side.
Great Company
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2014
Flexible to work/family balance. Understanding supervisors and competitive pay.
Pros
Work/family balance
Productive and Interactive
Secretary for Director of Curriculum and Education (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2014
The typical work week were Monday to Wednesday and Friday, with Thursdays off. I started at 9 in the morning and ended around 4:30 PM when the children would start leaving. My entire day was stationed at the desk, writing memo's, updating content, and answering phone calls. Depending on what event is going on, the days are usually long and slow.

My co-workers were very polite and helpful whenever I needed assistance and the management I was under was quite well organized.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with the children when they had their free time to play as well as being able to read to them and seeing the amazed reactions on their faces.

Usually the hardest part of this job, however, was maintaining time to get everything done, considering my boss also had me working in the classrooms sometimes as a substitute if one of the Teachers was coming in late and the Head Teacher needed an extra hand.
Pros
Interaction with children, independent work
Cons
Long, slow days
Family Oriented, Team players
Facilities Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 6, 2013
This position tought me alot about city and state regulations. I work alot with insurance companies and capital projects. I had a good relationship with the asst Director and Director of the facilities department. The maintenance team was great. We worked together as a team.
Pros
great team, comp time, vacations, personal time off, visiting other sites, laison with companies/vendors
Cons
my position being retrenched
Community based organization.
Director of Evaluation and Planning (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2012
The Alliance is dedicated to serving low income in Lower Manhattan.
Productive and fun workplace with dedicated, sincere staff
Grant Writer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2012
I worked at the Educational Alliance as both an HR Generalist and Grant Writer. Both departments required me to be a multi-tasker while remaining focused. Overall I improved my writing skills. There is no time to become flustered or impatient. The most enjoyable and beneficial part of my job were the insights I gained into human nature and my co-workers, the hardest part of my job was having to deal with the capricious side of human nature.
Pros
great benefits & compassionate management team
Cons
80% of funding comes from city, state, & federal grants, job security can be precarious