The Emily Program Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Just cares about the bottom line.
Program Coordinator and Therapist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 16, 2018
The providers were mostly great, but they are undervalued. With recent changes to the structure that were due to financial struggles, the quality of care and work/life balance have diminished. The upper management don't listen to their providers and have little insight into what the clients actually need. The hours that they expect from employees is outrageous and any flexibility in the schedule that used to exist has also dried up.
Good
Client Account Team Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 23, 2018
Good people. Benefits. Good location. Bad management. Unfair sick days. Culture is not client friendly. Hard to move up within company. Management is not trained.
Fast paced, collaborative workplace
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHApril 5, 2018
A typical day at work consists of providing support and coaching during therapeutic meals, facilitating psychotherapy groups, and offering skills coaching to clients in crisis. I have learned how all about Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and what goes in to running a DBT program. The hardest part of the job is client resistance and lack of client progress. The most enjoyable part of the job is client recovery.
Pros
Supportive staff, collaborative work environment
Cons
High turn over rate
stressful but worth it
Eating Disorder Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 1, 2018
This job can be very stressful if you do not take care of yourself. Don't take your work home with you and always be prepared to ask for help if you need it. This job is also very rewarding if you like helping people and the clients are very thankful for it most of the time. TEP is one of the best eating disorder facilities in the country and anyone who is an employee there should take pride in that.
Pros
free food, Pto, benefits
Cons
often understaffed, stressful
Passionate company, good challenges!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 10, 2018
The Emily Program has a great culture and mission. They are a growing company, which brings challenges on its own - however, they are committed to constantly improving. Working in the office has flexible scheduling based around deadlines.
Not great
Diettitian (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJanuary 1, 2018
Too stressful for the work that you do. Working with clients is great and co workers are great as well. Not the best training or advancement opportunities. Terrible salary increases if you even get one.
Excellent team to work with!
Temporary Registered Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 4, 2017
Although the nature of the work can be stressful at times, the people who work here are wonderful! They will be there for you when the times are challenging. This position offers a variety of duties including facilitating group meals, outpatient nutrition counseling, teaching group nutrition classes, and leading experiential classes (cooking, meal planning, etc.). Recent changes in the program have lead to multiple therapy and nutrition related position eliminations in Washington.
Pros
free food when you facilitate group meals, great variety of work
Cons
short appointments with clients (20 minutes for individual nutrition), nature of work can be stressful
high quality professionals, great work environment
Registered Nurse implement medical (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 14, 2017
high quality professionals, easy to work with on local level. Upper administration changed dramatically hierarchically, laid off 40% of Spokane site, managed site financially as if we are selling widgets. After the layoffs, several other staff quit or resigned and morale sank. A new site manager, who had been demoted from upper management, did not do well at communication and did not show up for staff or IP meetings. Was unapproachable and did not answer emails.

However, with mine and others input to upper management, things have improved. The registered nursing/medical aspect of The Emily Program is expanding instead of decreasing, as of January 1. My suggestions have been implemented, in large part.

Slowly the site is becoming accustomed to having and using an RN on site and is utilizing me more and more as we seek to provide the best care for patients with eating disorders
Pros
exceptional co-workers
Cons
poor site manager
Great work life balance
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 24, 2017
TEP was an amazing place to work! Great people. Everyone is super friendly, and promotes work life balance. I had the option to work from home a couple of times a week which was amazing. TEP really promotes a healthy work life balance with a PTO plan that is incredible. I never had a time taking time off, and as long as I got my work done there was never a problem. There is also a lot of opportunity for advancement within the company for someone that is willing to work hard and prove themselves.
Pros
Pto, Work from home option, flexiblity in scheduling
Cons
Lots of meetings
Challenging yet Rewarding
Client Accounts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 28, 2017
Although the work load can be stressful and the number of work duties can get overwhelming, there are times when the flow is relaxed and there's plenty of time to get caught up. Coworkers and management are always looking to improve and apply critical thinking to problems. Dealing in the mental health aspect of eating disorders, it can be difficult to know how to approach and help clients. Most of them are pleasant, but there are a few that can be quite abrasive. Compensation/benefits are well worth the work put in.
Good and Bad
Registered Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 1, 2017
Love what I do, and have great coworkers but upper management makes a lot of decisions with out considering the people who do the work, and raises are not structured and often don't happen at all, so pay is below average.
no comment
Ohio Regional Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHMay 25, 2017
I do not have any comments about my employment with The Emily Program. I currently work there and enjoy my position. There is not much or any room for advancement in the company.
Proceed with caution
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Washington StateApril 7, 2017
Company is not what it was when it was founded. Sadly it has lost its way. Unless someone has a singular desire to work with eating disorders they are better looking elsewhere. In addition

Ever decreasing patient care
Tone deaf upper management
Countless committees that do little
HR is dysfunctional
Terrible EMR
Pros
Pay isn't horrible
Cons
Lost. Bad management at all levels
Overall Review
Operations/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 27, 2017
Job Work/Life Balance: Overall Okay, but I worked very long hours.

Compensation/Benefits: Overall not good and not even competitive.

Job Security/Advancement: Not very good opportunities for advancement.

Management: Overall okay.

Job Culture: Warm and personable
Great Place to Work Overall
Assistant Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 28, 2016
I always say working at The Emily Program is great because there are great benefits they really encourage "self care" and everyone you work with is good at what they do. And to top it all off the overall mission of the program is heartfelt.
Not Fantastic
Provider (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 23, 2016
The culture and camaraderie at The Emily Program was great but they're constantly changing policies with little to no regard for staff. Things really went down hill when they were bought by Triple Tree. They provide amazing treatment and I will always refer patients there but I don't think I could ever work there again. The hardest thing was working under some of the managers. I really loved my coworker's and patients and enjoy the challenge of providing eating disorder treatment.
Pros
great coworker's s, good experience with eating disorders, nice offices
Cons
poor management, growing too fast, little regard for staff input
Great place to be an intern
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMay 9, 2016
The Emily program is a progressive and growing company that truly cares about all aspects of their patients lives. It also follows that they care enormously about their employees and offer a wide variety of benefits.
The Emily Program
Lead Chef (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 11, 2015
This is a scratch cooking kitchen. I have developed great time management skills.
I cook for various dietary needs clients. Examples: gluten free, lacteous free.
There is a variety of clients with several different eating disorders. The co workers have there hearts into this job, just as I do.
Pros
Watching the clients get healthy, trying foods they would of never tried before.
Cons
No place to move forward career wise.
Poor company to work for
Eating Disorder Technician (Former Employee) –  St. PaulOctober 29, 2014
Incompetent and overall lazy HR. Pay is terrible. Clients are great to work with. Company spends a lot of money on aesthetics rather then their employees or patients.
Pros
Fee meals
Cons
Terrible pay, poor management, very unprofessional HR.
Emily Program
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 7, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy working here. I have already written a review of this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Emily Program. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight