The Emily Program Employee Reviews

Worked for 10 plus Years
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMay 12, 2019
The Emily Program is a great place to work. The people are friendly and my fellow employees are great to work with. It will be sad leaving but I am happy to have worked there.
Pros
Stability
Cons
No cons
Boss played favorites
Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 29, 2019
Good place to work, if you're the favorite. If not, you're SOL. You won't get help, they'll nit pick you, lie to you about how you're doing job wise and then let you sink.
Workplace is mostly nice, management sucks though.
Great work environment
Compliance (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNFebruary 17, 2019
Company and coworkers are supportive. Great benefits. Positive team environment. Mission-oriented. Lots of opportunity for learning and advancement. Executive team approachable.
Pros
Benefits, opportunities to learn and advance
Cons
No paid maternity or paternity leave
Overall Good Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNSeptember 7, 2018
Working at a smaller site, I typically have a very relaxed day at work. I am at the front desk, so I am interacting with every client and any other person who walks through the front door, and making sure people are going to where they need to go. Generally, there are not too many check-ins per day, so I have plenty of time to get other clerical work taken care of to ensure that everything is running smoothly behind the desk. All of my peers are wonderful to work with, and I never have to worry about asking questions or getting help with any projects. The most difficult part of the job, for me, is and has been the learning curve for the health care industry. Every person and situation is different, so there is no blanket approach to learn and apply to all. It is also very difficult to live in the area with the money that I make here, and I do have to supplement my income elsewhere.
Love the work
Therapist (Current Employee) –  MNAugust 30, 2018
Pay could be better. Changes without thought of impact on therapists and clients.

Great environment.Brilliant staff. Learned a lot about treating eating disorders. Enjoy working with this population.
Great experience
Program Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 8, 2018
They're great at what they do. I think they've gone through lots of changes since I worked there, but it was the perfect job for me after college and I really enjoyed it.
Just cares about the bottom line.
Program Coordinator and Therapist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 16, 2018
The providers were mostly great, but they are undervalued. With recent changes to the structure that were due to financial struggles, the quality of care and work/life balance have diminished. The upper management don't listen to their providers and have little insight into what the clients actually need. The hours that they expect from employees is outrageous and any flexibility in the schedule that used to exist has also dried up.
Good
Client Account Team Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 23, 2018
Good people. Benefits. Good location. Bad management. Unfair sick days. Culture is not client friendly. Hard to move up within company. Management is not trained.
Fast paced, collaborative workplace
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHApril 5, 2018
A typical day at work consists of providing support and coaching during therapeutic meals, facilitating psychotherapy groups, and offering skills coaching to clients in crisis. I have learned how all about Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and what goes in to running a DBT program. The hardest part of the job is client resistance and lack of client progress. The most enjoyable part of the job is client recovery.
Pros
Supportive staff, collaborative work environment
Cons
High turn over rate
stressful but worth it
Eating Disorder Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 1, 2018
This job can be very stressful if you do not take care of yourself. Don't take your work home with you and always be prepared to ask for help if you need it. This job is also very rewarding if you like helping people and the clients are very thankful for it most of the time. TEP is one of the best eating disorder facilities in the country and anyone who is an employee there should take pride in that.
Pros
free food, Pto, benefits
Cons
often understaffed, stressful
Passionate company, good challenges!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 10, 2018
The Emily Program has a great culture and mission. They are a growing company, which brings challenges on its own - however, they are committed to constantly improving. Working in the office has flexible scheduling based around deadlines.
Not great
Diettitian (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJanuary 1, 2018
Too stressful for the work that you do. Working with clients is great and co workers are great as well. Not the best training or advancement opportunities. Terrible salary increases if you even get one.
Excellent team to work with!
Temporary Registered Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 4, 2017
Although the nature of the work can be stressful at times, the people who work here are wonderful! They will be there for you when the times are challenging. This position offers a variety of duties including facilitating group meals, outpatient nutrition counseling, teaching group nutrition classes, and leading experiential classes (cooking, meal planning, etc.). Recent changes in the program have lead to multiple therapy and nutrition related position eliminations in Washington.
Pros
free food when you facilitate group meals, great variety of work
Cons
short appointments with clients (20 minutes for individual nutrition), nature of work can be stressful
high quality professionals, great work environment
Registered Nurse implement medical (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 14, 2017
high quality professionals, easy to work with on local level. Upper administration changed dramatically hierarchically, laid off 40% of Spokane site, managed site financially as if we are selling widgets. After the layoffs, several other staff quit or resigned and morale sank. A new site manager, who had been demoted from upper management, did not do well at communication and did not show up for staff or IP meetings. Was unapproachable and did not answer emails.

However, with mine and others input to upper management, things have improved. The registered nursing/medical aspect of The Emily Program is expanding instead of decreasing, as of January 1. My suggestions have been implemented, in large part.

Slowly the site is becoming accustomed to having and using an RN on site and is utilizing me more and more as we seek to provide the best care for patients with eating disorders
Pros
exceptional co-workers
Cons
poor site manager
Great work life balance
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 24, 2017
TEP was an amazing place to work! Great people. Everyone is super friendly, and promotes work life balance. I had the option to work from home a couple of times a week which was amazing. TEP really promotes a healthy work life balance with a PTO plan that is incredible. I never had a time taking time off, and as long as I got my work done there was never a problem. There is also a lot of opportunity for advancement within the company for someone that is willing to work hard and prove themselves.
Pros
Pto, Work from home option, flexiblity in scheduling
Cons
Lots of meetings
Challenging yet Rewarding
Client Accounts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 28, 2017
Although the work load can be stressful and the number of work duties can get overwhelming, there are times when the flow is relaxed and there's plenty of time to get caught up. Coworkers and management are always looking to improve and apply critical thinking to problems. Dealing in the mental health aspect of eating disorders, it can be difficult to know how to approach and help clients. Most of them are pleasant, but there are a few that can be quite abrasive. Compensation/benefits are well worth the work put in.
Good and Bad
Registered Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 1, 2017
Love what I do, and have great coworkers but upper management makes a lot of decisions with out considering the people who do the work, and raises are not structured and often don't happen at all, so pay is below average.
no comment
Ohio Regional Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHMay 25, 2017
I do not have any comments about my employment with The Emily Program. I currently work there and enjoy my position. There is not much or any room for advancement in the company.
Proceed with caution
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Washington StateApril 7, 2017
Company is not what it was when it was founded. Sadly it has lost its way. Unless someone has a singular desire to work with eating disorders they are better looking elsewhere. In addition

Ever decreasing patient care
Tone deaf upper management
Countless committees that do little
HR is dysfunctional
Terrible EMR
Pros
Pay isn't horrible
Cons
Lost. Bad management at all levels
Overall Review
Operations/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 27, 2017
Job Work/Life Balance: Overall Okay, but I worked very long hours.

Compensation/Benefits: Overall not good and not even competitive.

Job Security/Advancement: Not very good opportunities for advancement.

Management: Overall okay.

Job Culture: Warm and personable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Emily Program. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight