The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews

Found 973 reviews matching the search See all 1,572 reviews
Awesome company to work for!!
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2019
I worked for Estée Lauder for 5 years and honestly, if they hadn’t transitioned, I’d still be working for them! The pay is great, the benefits were the best I’ve had with any company, management is awesome! They treat their employees pretty well. Training is awesome. Lots of opportunities to travel, gratis. I LOVED working for this company! I loved my clients and loved my team and my AE was amazing!!!
Pros
Pay, benefits, team, culture, job
Cons
Transitioned
I loved working for the company. I always did my job to the best of my ability.
Beauty adviser and Skin Care Specilist, Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi Beach, TXMarch 20, 2019
I always did my job. I made my numbers ever month. I kind of felt I was not noticed sometimes because I was a smaller counter.
Notice your employees more. All of them. it encourages them to work harder.
Policies & ethical standards need work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 18, 2019
Animal testing is outdated, cruel and entirely unnecessary but EL refuses to stop, as many other major companies have. That revels a lot about a company.
Cons
Animal Testing
I love this company
Senior Account Coordinator Travel Retail Americas (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2019
Great company to work for. Company provides a lot of training where you can upgrade your professional skills.

Great benefits and there are a lot of support from the company.
Friendly enviornment
Office Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 15, 2019
Providing raw material from various buildings transported to main hub at Research Park. Distributed said materials to various labs at Research Park. Coordinated with various chemists on location of materials through several buildings located in the New York City area. Coordination of said duties through Microsoft Office programs as well as telecommunication.
Pros
Free lunches, free time, great benefits, educational benefits
Cons
Poor management, no room for advancement
An OK company to work for
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2019
Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.
Worst Ever
Seasonal Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 8, 2019
Wow. Working for this company was a disaster. The management will steal sales, go over your head, and do whatever it takes to nitpick and get you fired. No room for individuality. Outdated. Ridiculous sales goals.
Great benefits, no room for growth or advancement
AREA SALES & EDUCTION MANAGER - AVEDA (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2019
I can only speak for the Aveda division in Estee. The Aveda team id overworked. There is no focus on your work-life balance. The regionals are very political.. you will only move forward (and not far) unless your on their good list. Also, Job security is always a concern. With the state of the Aveda business, you never know what will happen.
Productive workplace
Assistant to the Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2019
I Love working for Lauder I have been with them for 4 years and I enjoyed working and learning about the products. I sold a lot and did very well for the company.
Pros
good job
Cons
short breaks
Fun and fullfilling
Freelance Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 28, 2019
Working for Estee Lauder has been a very fun and fulfilling experience. I love the product and enjoy sharing the benefits with customers. I realized I have a passion for working with people but can also be driven to achieve personal goals.
Love my job. Work with great people. Ready to move up.
Cosmetics Artist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 27, 2019
I recently started my position as a freelance artist/beauty advisor with Estēe Lauder. They have me traveling alot so im looking for a solid, positive work place to call home.
Pros
Good hourly pay
Cons
Traveling
If you are a contractor your job will not be safe
Executive receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2019
Contractors/consultants are treated as though they are disposable but eventually if they do want to bring you on full time you are treated like gold.
Overall great company (unless you're a consultant)
Pros
free swag, nice people
Cons
no job security
Estee Lauder
Freelance makeup artist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAFebruary 26, 2019
Estee Lauder is one of my favorite makeup/skincare companies and I get the pleasure to work with there brand and empower woman around the region to feel beautiful!
Competitive cosmetic company that suits all beauty needs
Senior Team Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2019
Working here has been fast paced, and a fun environment to learn the ins and outs of the e-commerce works, as it is ever changing and growing. Providing high customer service is what we strive for daily.
Productive work environment
Retail Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 12, 2019
Great and hospitable people to work with. Well educated on the Oracle Micros X Store application and the backoffice functionalities. Was able to learn about setting up store's MPOS via Ground Control.
A good learning experience
Technical Operator/Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  melville, New YorkFebruary 12, 2019
There are good benefits and a great learning experience on state of the art machinery. They have good operating procedures in place and good manufacturing standards set fourth that are followed in a strict manner making it a safe and pleasant environment.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor parking
Great
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2019
Working with Estee is a great job. They look out for their employees and have great perks. 10/10 would recommend I was taught program management skills and got to train high level employees.
Good Company
FLOOR SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2019
I would love to work for Estee Lauder again is was competitive but yet fun, and fashionable. It pushes you and motivates you to think outside the box.
Pros
Look great feel great you feel part of the industry that is ever growing
Cons
Late evenings and weekends and pay rate.
Wonderful product line. Good working ennvironment
Specialist/ Counter Manager- Estee lauder/CHANEL (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 7, 2019
Fast paced; competitive. Daily duties included sales, inventory, performing makeovers. Great Training. Management was supportive and good mentors. The hardest part of the job was not having a set schedule. It was fum helping customers, having promotions.
Pros
Good Training, . Makeovers for customers
Cons
inconsistent schdule
Working at ELC
Sr Mgr (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 5, 2019
Great benefits and perks. Flexible working hours. However, work politics and too many layers will prevent you from climbing up the corporate ladder. Some positions have great travel benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Estée Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.