The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews in Melville, NY

Found 141 reviews matching the search See all 1,632 reviews
The job wasn't fun it wasn't boring it was okay.
Manpower factory worker (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 17, 2019
I learned a lot at the job as well. When I first started I wasn't the best but the training I had help me out with that. I got so good at this job that they wanted to promote me to a line attendant. I also got a chance to do a different position called a runner. I substituted for the original guy who can make it on certain days.
Pros
Lunches were not free
Cons
The brakes weren't short but we had to so they were good
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 5, 2019
It's a very relaxed easy job it's not hard I love the Tomford line with the mens cologne and it was a very good experience for me. Actually the Tomford line makes the company the most money and you had to be very good to be on the line
Pros
Breaks
Cons
I don't know
Hostile prison type work environment with temporary employees almost outnumbering permanent employees
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 2, 2019
Management couldn't care less. You cannot take your uniform home. Security will check to make sure as you exit. 5 weeks and I still haven't received a locker. Took almost a month to get mandatory forklift training. Took 5 weeks to get my own login/password for WMS. Temporary employees hate permanent employees and will work to sabotage and undermine permanent employees, especially if you are a new permanent employee. You will be surrounded by dozens of temporary employees who have been working there for YEARS with no benefits. Permanent employees hate the new employees because the new employees are given shifts that reduce the available over time (hence the Wednesday to Sunday shift). Jobs that are posted are not available when you interview. Serious lack of communication in management. They will send you out for training and when you arrive for training the trainers will send you home because management failed to confirm the appointment. 30 min lunch break and one 15 minute break, but it takes 5-10 minutes to walk through the facility. Avoid job offerings for the Melville plant. You will regret it.
Pros
Good benefits package with tuition reimbursement. Decent pay.
Cons
Poor communication, hostile environment, prison type atmosphere, short breaks.
mm
Processing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 7, 2019
I was working for the agency, so i dont have any benefits, no holiday pay. Also there are some days that they will ask you not to come to work. It's a multi culturaly environment.
Very relax and enjoyable enviroment
Manufacturing Process Operator, Packaging operator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 1, 2019
Will difinitly recommend job as a second income relax and enjoyable atmoisphere. It also balance well with my day job and its not a stressful enviroment
production
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 29, 2019
it is ok. Looking for other options. Want more use of the talent that I have. A lot of overtime that is mandatory for supervisors and upper management
Pros
its ok
Cons
its ok
Friendly enviornment
Office Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 15, 2019
Providing raw material from various buildings transported to main hub at Research Park. Distributed said materials to various labs at Research Park. Coordinated with various chemists on location of materials through several buildings located in the New York City area. Coordination of said duties through Microsoft Office programs as well as telecommunication.
Pros
Free lunches, free time, great benefits, educational benefits
Cons
Poor management, no room for advancement
Productive work environment
Retail Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 12, 2019
Great and hospitable people to work with. Well educated on the Oracle Micros X Store application and the backoffice functionalities. Was able to learn about setting up store's MPOS via Ground Control.
A good learning experience
Technical Operator/Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  melville, New YorkFebruary 12, 2019
There are good benefits and a great learning experience on state of the art machinery. They have good operating procedures in place and good manufacturing standards set fourth that are followed in a strict manner making it a safe and pleasant environment.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor parking
Working at ELC
Sr Mgr (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 5, 2019
Great benefits and perks. Flexible working hours. However, work politics and too many layers will prevent you from climbing up the corporate ladder. Some positions have great travel benefits.
I enjoyed my time while working for this company!
Senior Technical Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 23, 2019
I worked with Estee Lauder for a number of years before they out-sourced most of our departments staff. This was and is a great place to work...if not a contract employee.
Pros
Cons
Too much politics
Packanging
Manpower (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 20, 2019
Inpections products, Packanging products, checks code , checks everything good.the factory products. Diferent product , diferent company example Mac, Estee lauder ,Clinique, Brown and others. Good production. Good workers, good Inpection
Pros
No free lunchs
Cons
Health care, life insurance, K 401
Fun place to work
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 9, 2019
I enjoyed working in the payroll department. My co workers were very friendly and helped me out alot when I first started. I learned something new everyday within my year at the company. Too bad it was only a temp job. I would go back today if they needed me.
Pros
Nice hours and alot of overtime
Cons
Hard work, and lots of it
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 16, 2018
There was a lot of hard work involved and you had to be quick. You have to follow the protocol what ever happens, you follow the protocol and lot of manual labour.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short breaks, not enough salary, exhausted after the work
Productive and a fun place to work
Processor (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 8, 2018
I learned how to work as a team. The enjoyable part of working there was the diverse cultures and meeting new people. The hardest part of the job was waiting for a machine to be fixed when it broke down and finding someone to be put on the line when a line was short. The management was very helpful and friendly.
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place enjoyed it I enjoyed it very much
Operator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 29, 2018
One of my best jobs loved the people I work with at the time and wished I would've stayed. I gained a lot of my job knowledge from Estee Lauder. The work place people and parties we're great. I thank God for for a great experience.
Pros
People parties picnics nice
Cons
I wish I would have stayed at the time
My experience with Este Lauder was very rewarding and positive.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 20, 2018
I enjoyed my work at Estee Lauder very much. I found it to be rewarding and challenging working with people. Selecting the correct composition of cosmetics for my customers was extremely rewarding.
Pros
the friendly atmosphere
good warehouse
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NY 11747November 19, 2018
working in a warehouse you need steel toe boots glasses and a hairnet. i learned how beauty products were put into bottles and tubes. how to box and label shipping boxes properly.
productive
Associate Scientist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 3, 2018
okay place to work not the same, environment definitely change since new VP. Political views make others uncomfortable there.
Very stress free play though
Typical day at work
Finance Accountant, Contract (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 29, 2018
Implement procedures for more efficient and timely procurement of goods. Retrieve and organize information for individual for clients. Create spreadsheets and presentations. File and record corporate documentation, inventories, and reports.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Estée Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight