The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews in New York, NY

Found 259 reviews matching the search See all 1,656 reviews
Great Experience in ever changing retail environment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2018
The company is ever-changing and restructuring. Many of the things that we used to appreciate are no longer. I am disappointed with the lack of transparency regarding the future of our jobs.
Pros
401k match
Cons
schedules are determined by HR
great place to work
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2018
good place to work, environment was good. good work/life balance,. great benefits. however alot of nepotism permeates the corporation wth senior level management getting scholarships and internships for their children.
favoritism exists in groups - but overall if you are a cheerful team player - you will go far.
make your own way through the organization. dont rely on empty promises of senior management.
Pros
benefits, gratis program, stock shares
Cons
nepotism, salaries not competitive
Terrible place to work
Temporary Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2018
terrible manager, lack of team environment, selfish and nobody ever takes accountability. they just like to abuse people. please do not work here; this place will dry to out.
Work day in Estee Lauder
Estee Lauder Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2018
I usually go in make sure I do my make up and dress in uniform then clock in. I go down to my work area go to any beauty advisor or talk to management then talk about whats the goal for today and what products that we have is new. Once I'm done doing that I try to engaged with a customer by showing and helping a customer when it comes to make up and or skin products. If they are beginner in the make up world i treat them with a sample foundation but i ask what type of skin do they have and how they take care of their skin because skin is important then covering up the damage and then after add the customers to my client list and have a closer relationship and follow up.
Pros
everyone works in a team and help reach the goal
Cons
focus on the money and not focus on customer and their needs
limited opportunity for advancement
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2018
Pros:
Fair compensation, decent benefits, corporate discount
Supportive and challenging culture
Opportunity to take on project work outside of role or function
Cons:
Difficult to get promoted/switch gears to make permanent change
Rigid corporate structure
Poor development planning and review process, no opportunity to provide manager feedback
Majority of office space dated, unattractive and dark
Pros
Fair compensation, decent benefits, corporate discount
Cons
difficult to promote and develop in organization, unattractive office space
Payroll
Analyst, Global Consumer Communications (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2018
I worked at Estée Lauder Companies full-time.
You can call out and take leave whenever you want.
Benefits and access to the employee store are amazing!

I feel a lot of people moved into positions they either weren't developed to be in or were overqualified and sold short. The politics and favoritism got to be a bit taxing at times. I feel the non-seasoned of executives and coordinators should go through a more extensive interview and training process to be able to better lead the teams under them to success.
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Cons
Management, mobility, raises are not high percentages
Interesting company but personally had some issues
Clinique Global Copy Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2018
I really loved the company as a whole, but I did not love Clinique. It was catty and a bad work environment. I think if I had a better manager, I would have gained more from the experience.
Pros
time at lunch
Cons
needs better communication between management
great company to work for
New Product Launch Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2018
The Estee Lauder culture is one of belonging, the Companies look outside of just the work environment. Taking the time to allow employees to help in the community.
This is a company that understands the concept that the time you spend at work should be fulfilling not only with your job, but with being a part of the community outside of work. They give back to the communities they work in.
Pros
Company discounts, being able to volunteer as part of the companies programs
Fun Workplace
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2018
I enjoyed working at this company very much. I typical day was never a dull moment. I have learned so much from multitasking to make sure the job gets done.
Relaxed and Friendly Environment
3D Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2018
- Good pay and hours
- Organized company and management style
- Friendly working environment
- Cad work somewhat tedious and excessive
- Could use more creative work
Highs and lows
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2018
There are positives and negatives to working here. The people are passionate about their work and typically very nice. The brand stands for something positive in a negative industry which is very refreshing.
Good Work & Life Balance
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2018
the overall culture was good at lauder. there was a diverse and interesting group of people working there.
Overly prevailent nepotism throughout the organization was very disappointing.
Management varied depending on the division you are in.
Pros
good benefits and processes
Cons
nepotism
Family oriented, pleasant environment
Executive Legal Assistant/Paralegal (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2018
High paced department. I was constantly exposed to many new projects. Had the best of managers. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the new culture, which has been changing in the last couple of years.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the friendships that I gained throughout my working years at Estee Lauder.
Pros
Great benefits. Many programs to help the employees.
Cons
New ideas about outsourcing jobs to other countries.
Surrounded by great people, makes the hard work worth it
Human Resource Business Partner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Great place to be. Need to take your career into your own hands and not rely on others if you are looking for advancement.

Hours are crazy at times, but the people you work with makes it all worth while.
Fun Atmosphere
Account Coordinator/Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Great place to work, excellent benefits, discount on products, and great culture. Work would fly by, especially during busy season. They offer lots of internal training and growth for the right person.
Pros
Discounts, Benefits, Competitive Pay
Cons
Rough Work/Life Balance
Very productive and ongoing throughout the day
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2018
I love working here at Estee Lauder. Great people and you learn so much from the company. It is very fast paced. I've learned having patience is a must in this industry.
Pros
Great learning environment, discounts, free products, and more
Wonderful Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Great company to work for. Management great. Always busy which made the day go by very fast. Flexibility when needed. Great benefits. Long commute on most days.
Relaxed workplace. Friendly environment
Executive Assistant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2018
My experience as a contractor so far has been relaxed and fast paced (depending on my location and department). The managers I've worked with have been kind. The environment has been a workplace friendly atmosphere. I found a few admins I came across to be friendly and helpful which contributed to my being successful in my temporary role(s). The hardest part of my job is always saying good-bye when my contract comes to an end.
Stressful Environment
PROJECT MANAGER - GLOBAL BRAND SUPPLY CHAIN (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 25, 2017
Stressful environment with poor leadership. Requires more innovative processes. Too many "lifers" within the company with not enough experience and most of them are managers. It makes it difficult to grow and develop new skills to stay current.
Amazing Company
Account Specialist & Educator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2017
I loved working for this company. It was a fun positive atmosphere and constantly exciting. I really enjoyed the clients I got to work with over the years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Estée Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

73%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss