The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews for Beauty Consultant

Found 128 reviews matching the search See all 1,613 reviews
Wonderful Company
Beauty Advisor/ Pro Artistry Team (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 25, 2019
I've been with the company for 7 years. I love every minute of it. I've been given plenty of opportunities to become fulltime or I can work as little as I prefer. The team is great and the company treats us well. As freelance, I do not make commission. If we hit a certain number of hours, we recieve gratis a few times a year. They send us gifts throughout the year, as well as Christmas. I've recommended this company several times.
I loved working for the company. I always did my job to the best of my ability.
Beauty adviser and Skin Care Specilist, Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi Beach, TXMarch 20, 2019
I always did my job. I made my numbers ever month. I kind of felt I was not noticed sometimes because I was a smaller counter.
Notice your employees more. All of them. it encourages them to work harder.
Worst Ever
Seasonal Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 8, 2019
Wow. Working for this company was a disaster. The management will steal sales, go over your head, and do whatever it takes to nitpick and get you fired. No room for individuality. Outdated. Ridiculous sales goals.
Challenging and rewarding sales environment
Beauty Advisor/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLJanuary 23, 2019
Estee Lauder is cosmetic company that challenges it's Beauty Advisers to sell their product in addition to meeting and preferably exceeding your sales goals.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Disgruntled customer
not as fun as it sounds
Beauty advisor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 22, 2019
I was pregnant while working for them and had to stand throughout my whole shift. They were not very considerate of situation. The manager was very demanding. Her expectations were not realistic.
I enjoyed It
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 17, 2019
I learned a lot while working at Dillard's. I would definitely go back to work at Estee Lauder for sure. It was fun to have a goal to meet everyday. Not to mention the people I interacted with on a daily basis.
Estee’ Lauder
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILJanuary 16, 2019
Environment was not appealing to me personally. Slow paced environment. I prefer high energy. Interview process was exaggerated for the work I was expected to do.
Pros
Product Rewards for hitting Sales Goals
Cons
Long shifts, very slow pace day’s
Great place to work especially with expertise and knowledge.
Estee Lauder Associate Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC Metro AreaJanuary 9, 2019
Great culture working environment, especially if you have product knowledge, enjoy helping people, patience and willing to train new employees as well as clients.
Pros
quarterly gratis of products, lunch provided during group training, schedule based upon your availability.
Cons
only 30 min breaks working 6+ hours, sometimes not enough hours given due to budget cuts and less pay than most other cosmetic companies.
Awesome experience
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 9, 2019
I loved working for Estee Lauder. This job taught me a lot about customer service, sales, and skin care as a whole. They send you to so many classes a quarter and usually you get to go two days. You learn about skin care and makeup, play games, and meet other women from other stores! You get a ton of free product and the educational and sales experience is unmatched. I only left this company because I was a full time pre-med student and the school load was too much. Would definitely consider returning to the counter!
Educational fun environment
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLJanuary 4, 2019
Estée Lauder gave me the opportunity to explore my creativity through make up and event planing. I also got to utilize our personal clientele system to build strong relationships with customers
Wonderful Company.
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 29, 2018
I love the mission that Estée Lauder took off and ran with. I would love to work for Estée forever. The products are something to value into while working with your clients.
My experience with Este Lauder was very rewarding and positive.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 20, 2018
I enjoyed my work at Estee Lauder very much. I found it to be rewarding and challenging working with people. Selecting the correct composition of cosmetics for my customers was extremely rewarding.
Pros
the friendly atmosphere
Good pay but competitive
Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Daily sales goals were not reasonable as I was in charge of a new line of very expensive skin care products.
Constant reminder by the store manager that if sales goals were not met, we would be fired.
Fun workplace
Beauty Adviser (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Laid back environment. Promotes from within. Productive company culture. The management was very encouraging and inclusive. I felt like a member of a family.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
part time work hours
Fun and Good Compensation
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 12, 2018
Loved working here - well compensated. There's a lot of sales pressure but fairly compensated for what you're putting in each day. The people are usually fun and the sales conferences get you really pumped up. Free gratis!
Fun but competitive
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 29, 2018
I worked for Estée Lauder for A couple months and I noticed that they are extremely competitive. The whole job was to sell makeup to people and push them to buy Estée Lauder no matter what they even came to the store for. I didn’t like that part and you even had a goal to how much profit to make a day. The pay was amazing but the management was very sloppy. Schedules where constantly messed up and the contact sheet was never correct. One time the manager even shorted my check by $109 just from being unorganized. The ladies weren’t very kind to each other either. The main reason I liked it was the pay to be honest.
Pros
Freelancing, pay, free product
Cons
Management, errors in scheduling
The best place to start.
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 28, 2018
Starting off in the Estee Lauder counter was the best thing that could have happened to me. I love that I got to start off in such a well respected cosmetic line and would reccomend the company to anyone.
Pros
Making other women feel beautiful
It’s great if you have a good manager
Beauty Advisor/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXAugust 14, 2018
My manager was awesome but some of the other management won’t really give you many options to grow within the company, I tried working for a Dallas location and the management wasn’t very welcoming,
Pros
Hourly pay plus commission on holidays is great
Cons
You can’t really grow within the company
Enjoyable environment to work in
Beauty Advisor/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 13, 2018
Great environment and would recommend for anyone wanting to enter the business field. Experience worth having with a diverse clientele as well as development of communication and sales skills.
Great company with great benefits
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2018
Loved working for brand and the company. I have the best experience with the team and management. Learned to cross selling with other brand and companies.
Pros
Free breakfast with training
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Estée Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

73%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss