The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews for Beauty Consultant in New York, NY

Found 11 reviews matching the search See all 1,656 reviews
Company is not what I expected at all-
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2019
Doesn’t care anything about employees and room for advancement. This company is so different from when I was in college vs this day and time. Really don’t care about training in the field. AE will visit for maybe 1 hr. If your not young and bisexual - forget it!!!
Great company with great benefits
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2018
Loved working for brand and the company. I have the best experience with the team and management. Learned to cross selling with other brand and companies.
Pros
Free breakfast with training
Work day in Estee Lauder
Estee Lauder Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2018
I usually go in make sure I do my make up and dress in uniform then clock in. I go down to my work area go to any beauty advisor or talk to management then talk about whats the goal for today and what products that we have is new. Once I'm done doing that I try to engaged with a customer by showing and helping a customer when it comes to make up and or skin products. If they are beginner in the make up world i treat them with a sample foundation but i ask what type of skin do they have and how they take care of their skin because skin is important then covering up the damage and then after add the customers to my client list and have a closer relationship and follow up.
Pros
everyone works in a team and help reach the goal
Cons
focus on the money and not focus on customer and their needs
Great team environment and opportunities for job growth
Clinique Promotional Consultant/Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2017
Estee Lauder, specifically, Clinique is a company I very proud to work for because of the dedication to their employees overall growth and development. Clinique cultivates each employee for advancement through consistent and on-going training whether it's in store or at a seminar.

I love the working for the Clinique brand because of the team environment provided at both management and the freelance positions.
Pros
Generous gratis
Cons
Work on holidays and weekends
relaxed environment
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
Great products and you get discounts on everything in the store. wonderful customers. Management is very nice and they will work with your schedule. and you can make samples of products that you like.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
no benefits
Worst manager ever
Estee Lauder Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2017
They have unhelpful and unprofessional managers and talked to Human Resources they didn't do much so I resigned because of the stress the manager inflicted
fun place to work
beauty advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2017
i had a great time working for this company. to bad i had to relocate. On daily basis i had to perform and make goals. i had to make sure my work stations were clean
Pros
people engagement
Cons
short breaks
Productive company with great leaders
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2016
Very lucrative company. Chance for advancement. Fun atmosphere. Worked with many celebrities. Generates over 200 thousand dollars per month. Used by many women and men alike.
Pros
Free travel
7- Eleven Inc. I learned a new set of conflict management skills dealing with disgruntled customers.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2014
Estee Lauder : I learned how to focus on a group of people by paying close attention to details and by listening to every question and giving an answer, and going back and getting the answers I did not know and followed up with customers with a phone call.

I gladly catered to each person and connected customers to other coworkers Pearl Spanish in Elizabeth Arden, Miauy (Mi Mi) nickname Mandarain chinese clinique, Katrina in Clarins, Russian, Lillilen Clarins, French speaking four ladies interpreted for me. I referred customers to those counters.

I went out of my way to help my coworkers by asking them if they needed stock from the basement. I became flexible and more resilent. I overcame new hire obstacles of not knowing the industry.

I came up with a plan of action to doube my daily sales quota and focus on the customer regardless of the highs and lows of sales.
I made each customer feel special and appreciated.
Pros
$800.00 Gratis
Cons
Commission for self
Estee lauder
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2013
The experience I had with the company it self was wonderful. I do not regret my experience there. I enjoyed every moment working with them.
Pros
Free stuff, Continued education.
Cons
Ugly uniforms, Bad management, Hours suck!!!