The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews for Beauty Consultant

Found 128 reviews matching the search See all 1,627 reviews
Loved every minute of it.
EXPERT BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 17, 2018
I have never had a job that I was so immensely proud to work for. I loved every member of the staff like family. Everyone from managers, executive and even the education team focuses on uniting as a brand to help women. I can only hope to find such a satisfying job in the future. Thank you Estee Lauder for making me the confident and empathetic sales associate I am today.
Pros
Prestigious Brand
Cons
I loved my job and my counter manager!
Beauty Advisor (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJuly 9, 2018
I throughly enjoyed working for Estée Lauder. I was disappointed after finding that my part time position would not allow me to take time I needed for maternity leave, so I resigned. To this day, I miss my job and my coworkers but I am grateful for the experience!
Pros
Great company to work for! I enjoyed sharing my knowledge and experiences with my customers
Cons
Maternity leave, or lack there of.
not a productive work place as a team
Part time beauty advisor beginning (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJune 22, 2018
my review overall of the company , was great in the children,s dept, however, after transferring to cosmetics was very slow and competitive, No team work , it was a very tense work situation.

Loved the store and products management needed better training of staff to work as a team and grow the business, I did not see this within the store.
Cons
short breaks
nice work place
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJune 22, 2018
I worked and business was very slow, I startd in the children,s dept, I did very well very busy, however, cosmetic very slow , Laid off for lack of customers coming into store to make sales quota,,,
Bad work place, critisized
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 19, 2018
Slow work, spent majority of the day standing around
I didnt really learn anything except about the products
Managemnt was bad. They tore me down constantly and made rude comments
productive and fun workspace
Clinique Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10153June 18, 2018
The management was very helpful in helping me advance my position in the company. I've had three different job titles within Estee Lauder Companies, INC. Promotional consulting was great and had a more flexible schedule, but as a manager there were harder parts of the job such as making sure each employee, myself included, was doing their best at making sales goals or exceeding them.
Job have to be fun place to work
Beauty Advisor/ Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLMay 22, 2018
Multi task environment, atending multiple costumers and give high quality costumers services, i learn how important is keep they records and information , give them thank you fono calls and invite them to all events. I enjoy see my costumers happy , and es very nice when they come back reconice me or colling me for my name.
Estee Lauder Cosmetic
Counter Manager Estee Lauder, Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 18, 2018
I loved my time with Estee Lauder Cosmetics. I would give anything to go back. The company opened up an entirely new world for me, from experience, to pay to even traveling. By far the best company I have ever worked for. I was constantly inspired to be better and do better. I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Many
Fun
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2018
I was the only one working at Estée Lauder because my manager never came back. However I was able to manage the counter by myself up until the store closing. It was an amazing experience and if i could do it all over again I would.
Pros
Free makeup, test new makeup
Cons
Competitive pay
I had the opportunity to sell products I truly believed in.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 15, 2018
Working for Estee Lauder was a wonderful opportunity for personal growth and education. I enjoyed my time as a beauty advisor for a company that has so much history as being one of the worlds best reguarded cosmetic companies.
Pros
Recieving fun training and product samples, and nice incentives and bonuses for your hard work and dedication.
Cons
Constant pressure to meet high sales goals.
Work day in Estee Lauder
Estee Lauder Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2018
I usually go in make sure I do my make up and dress in uniform then clock in. I go down to my work area go to any beauty advisor or talk to management then talk about whats the goal for today and what products that we have is new. Once I'm done doing that I try to engaged with a customer by showing and helping a customer when it comes to make up and or skin products. If they are beginner in the make up world i treat them with a sample foundation but i ask what type of skin do they have and how they take care of their skin because skin is important then covering up the damage and then after add the customers to my client list and have a closer relationship and follow up.
Pros
everyone works in a team and help reach the goal
Cons
focus on the money and not focus on customer and their needs
Cut throat and stressful
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 24, 2018
you had to fight to keep your clients from being taken by your coworkers. also when you succeeded and made your goals you didn't get so much as a thank you.
Pros
free products
Cons
extremely competitive
lacking excitement
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTFebruary 15, 2018
definitely wasn't the brand for me. The uniforms were awful/outdated and the fragrances made me have headaches. The brand is lacking newness and excitement.
Pros
gratis
Cons
not a lot of clientle
Fun place to work
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53217February 10, 2018
Very great company to work for, Love the managers, and co workers, ive meet alot of intresting people working for estee lauder, this company has taught me me, alot
Cons
Long hours!
It's not a job if you enjoy what you do!
Freelance Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 24, 2018
Being knowledgeable about product & application, and having good customer service skills ensures that the day will go smooth and be enjoyable. Being a freelance artist is fun, and the environment is fast-paced and constantly changing with each client. The most difficult part is being pushed to push others to buy product, even though you don't make commission. Your job is to get people to buy buy buy, and this can sometimes be stressful. But if you have a positive attitude and a goal-oriented mindset, this will not feel like work. Especially if you love the product yourself, you'll have a good time telling others about it!
Pros
good pay, working with what you love, fun clients, company perks
Cons
sales-driven, stressful
great trainings ok management
Artistic Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 22, 2018
the trainings were great, they objective was awesome and something that i still stand by. Management isnt as involved as they should be and they really don't move people up from within, at least as far as management goes.
great pay.
Beauty Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Dillards as a company was extremely stressful, but I always got my work done.
management was COMPLETELY HORRIBLE!
I learned the most from my counter boss who was the most easy going woman, made everything a lot less stressful.
did I say management was HORRIBLE?
the employees were caddy, and immature.
the business managers didn't know how to solve problems.
we had to fend for ourselves, good thing I have an extreme amount of customer service.
employees would have to train other employees. whether they were new themselves it didn't matter.
would get threatened about being fired or decrease in pay every week.
goals were extreme, and completely unrealistic.
Productive. Room to grow. Educational
5 Star Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 8, 2018
I love working for ELC. I absolutely love it. Stayed with them for a year as a part time actually struggling to make ends meet but would never let go of my position here bc the room for growth. The educational piece they provide for you. We’re like a family!!
Pros
Work with you one on one. No micromanaging. School.
Cons
Full time availability
Fun environment
Beauty Advisor/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNNovember 11, 2017
Dillard's is a wonderful company to work with! Working in the cosmetic department can be challenging, as we are targeting a certain group of consumers, but it was so much fun. There are great associates to work with.
Poor management
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAOctober 30, 2017
The store was so poorly managed, there was very little communication between management and employees. When asked direct questions, you were told they would get back to you, and then you never got a response.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Estée Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Estée Lauder Companies.

Powered by Comparably