The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews for Beauty Consultant

Found 128 reviews matching the search See all 1,634 reviews
Great team environment and opportunities for job growth
Clinique Promotional Consultant/Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2017
Estee Lauder, specifically, Clinique is a company I very proud to work for because of the dedication to their employees overall growth and development. Clinique cultivates each employee for advancement through consistent and on-going training whether it's in store or at a seminar.

I love the working for the Clinique brand because of the team environment provided at both management and the freelance positions.
Pros
Generous gratis
Cons
Work on holidays and weekends
Awesome culture
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 18, 2017
I really enjoyed traveling to all the different locations around the Puget Sound. It really challenged my creativity. Also Estee Lauder challenged me to create goals for myself. I really enjoyed being my own manager. The best part was being able to help women feel Beautiful.
Pros
Fun, challenging and fast paced.
Cons
There is a cu-mute.
relaxed environment
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
Great products and you get discounts on everything in the store. wonderful customers. Management is very nice and they will work with your schedule. and you can make samples of products that you like.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
no benefits
Fast Pace and super fun
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNAugust 30, 2017
A typical day at work included helping customers find what they wanted in skincare and makeup. I learned that everyone's skin is different and that I want to help them find what they need. The workplace culture was good, sometimes overwhelming. The hardest part of the job was making sales being a part-timer. The most enjoyable part of the day was making my clients happy.
Pros
free makeup
Strong team and friendly environment
Beauty Advisor/Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 29, 2017
I was sad to leave the company when I moved. Our store had a strong team of wonderful ladies and our account executive was amazing. I grew so much as a person surrounded by these wonderful women. The my strulive for excellence daily and are an inspiration.
Pros
Health care, paid vacation/sick/time off, gratis
Cons
Hard to advance past counter manager in fashion group
Estee Lauder is a great company
Assistant Beauty Advisor DFW (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXAugust 18, 2017
Estee Lauder gave us all the tools that we needed to succeed: great products, promotions, samplings, gifts with purchase, purchase with purchase, gift sets and value sets.
My main focus was to assist the customer as a product specialist and makeup artist. I liked helping people, doing makeovers, keeping counters up to standard.
I would typically spend time calling or emailing customers, cleaning, putting up stock, updating tester units.
I really liked all of the tasks.
The hardest part was drumming up business on days where there was little traffic, midweek and late evenings usually.
Estee Lauder support from the Account Executive, Coordinator, and Education Specialist was very good.
Pros
Great product, people, and gratis.
Cons
Recruiting on slow days is tough.
Worst manager ever
Estee Lauder Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2017
They have unhelpful and unprofessional managers and talked to Human Resources they didn't do much so I resigned because of the stress the manager inflicted
Make it what you want
FREELANCE/ BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 3, 2017
Does require effort. Pays some bills. Usually positive environment. Usually positive employees. Usually positive management. Very few benefits, depends.
Counter Lauder Sales
Part-time Counter Manager and Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 2, 2017
Good place to work if you are willing to 1) know and have product knowledge 2) willing to talk to customers, engage them 3) good training programs for the sales people.

Great benefit - they provide you a uniform - that part is great - no thinking about what to wear. The hours can be long and work life balance is non existent.
Pros
free makeup
Cons
work - life balance
Ok for part time
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 2, 2017
Not something you want to do for the rest of you life. They pressure you a lot and if you happen to get injured at work, you get harassed and calling in sick is a big NO.
Pros
free make up
Cons
unfriendly when calling in sick
Fun and learning experience
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 26, 2017
It taught me to learn and deal with different kinds of people, of different ethnicities and beliefs. It taught me to open up to new customer service skills and how to communicate with others.
Pros
Customer service, fun environment, friends
Cons
no healthcare
Best job ever
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJuly 25, 2017
I loved working for Estee Lauder! There is so much room to grow and express yourself in the field of cosmetics sales, especially under this company. Easily one of the best jobs I've ever had.
Pros
Cosmetic knowledge, teaching, gratis
Estee Lauder is a good company
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJJuly 18, 2017
However, the practice of looking away when unethical practices are being "practiced", by certain individuals did not sit well with me. I do understand why upper management had to look in the other direction, but I did not approve of it,
I loved the training, learning about the products, make-up application techniques, selling to dreams and desires.Asking open-ended questions.
I did hate the cut-throat counter culture. It was vicious, more vicious than anywhere I'd ever worked.
Pros
Generous Gratis !
Cons
Cut-throat Counter Culture
My experience
Beauty Consultant/Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2017
typically during the day it may be slow it may be fast paced. It has a lot of recruiting to bring in new clients to demonstrate and educate about any new products that were trending on the market. Working with this company taught me many different things about cosmetics and skin care. What i loved about my job was servicing my clients and helping them find and purchase the products that were meant for them as well as solving any issue my clients had to ensure great quality service. Hardest part was upselling products or getting a customer to buy when sometimes they just want samples and may not buy any products.
Pros
free make up bonuses but the overall reward of knowing you provided great customer service
Cons
some months business is okay or it may be slow depending if there is a sale
For the love of makeup,
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAJuly 5, 2017
A typical day consisted of receiving a call to come in earlier or stay later due to the departments small staff. Most of the day consisted of matching customers for their perfect shade of foundation and treating them to a ten day sample. On rare occasions a novice makeup user would ask to be done up. If time allowed I would match them for their perfect day and night skincare routine as well as a possible natural, everyday or glam look depending on their preference. Time spent with customer didn't result in a huge sale and caused the one counter attendee to miss out on other sales to repeat customers. Management berated the department staff constantly due to customer wait, missed sales, and the minuscule overall total of credit card applications. The hardest part of the job would be the weeks leading up to gift and the start of gift with purchase. Pre-sales are mandatory, a goal is set depending on individuals part time or full time position. Convincing customers to pre-sale is extremely difficult as everyone believes they can come in on the first day and receive a gift failing to comprehend that it is while supplies last. A lot of people leave empty handed because our loyal clientele purchases enough to receive multiple gifts. Sometimes we receive back up gifts later down the road but really it is up in the air.
Pros
free cosmetics
Cons
Shortbreaks, Understaffed, Commissioned salaries, working holidays, flip flop scheduling, lack of management support
Fun company to work for!
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 25, 2017
Love, love, LOVE working for Estee Lauder. This is a company that truly wants you to succeed. There's many benefits to working with them, the best being FREE MAKEUP! They also send you to classes (paid for, and lunch provided).
Great place to work!
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 24, 2017
I love having a job where I wake up in the morning and look forward to being at work because I love what I do as well as my co workers and my management team. The pay is great, the benefits are awesome. It doesn't even feel like work!
Pros
gratis, samples
Cons
breaks, managerment
Fun Work Place and Great store to work.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMay 17, 2017
Love working for Lauder. My position was counter manger at Macy's. I enjoyed teaching and training new employees making them love the brand and all the products Estée Lauder had to offer. My experience with this counter was awesome especially from upper management.
Pros
All my gratis, and loved training and seminars.
Cons
My turn over was high base pay was not that great at the time.
Work place varies from slow to busier days management not ran to well
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 17, 2017
I feel as an employee the company could do better with pay and with employees having a mind of there own. Diversity is everything in our days. The rules are getting a bit ridiculous as if we're being treated as children. The products from the line are really good but that's about it
Pros
Gratis
Cons
The rules are a bit much you can't have any type of personality there and the pay is not reasonable
fun job
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 11, 2017
helped women with their make up and skincare needs. traveled to sacramento for work/training. estee lauder treats their employees very well. Really enoyed how fun the job is.
Pros
free make up/skin care
Cons
sales goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Estée Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Estée Lauder Companies.

Powered by Comparably