The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews for Beauty Consultant

Found 128 reviews matching the search See all 1,634 reviews
I loved working at Macy's!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 26, 2016
Working at Macy's it's fun! you meet a lot of people you get to play with makeup ! The bad thing is your on your feet all day and you have to open macys credit cards
Pros
fun place
Cons
open macys credit cards
Fun work place, great management
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 14, 2016
Fun day doing make overs and suggesting skin care. Love it . I cant think of a hard part to this job. Its getting paid to have fun and help people
Education was great
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 27, 2016
We hold lots of events at our counter, as we are the busiest counter in the city. A typical day is filled with performing several make overs and advising clients on skin care regiment and the best product for their skin type.
The thing I enjoy most about my job is the education and introduction to new products. I like that we have "class" pretty regularly, allowing us to really understand how a product works and how to provide the best advice to our clients.
Great Company to be with
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILDecember 4, 2015
Place to learn and grow. Management is ok. You can grow. Freelance program for those that don't want to be a permanent employee.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Hours / pay is low
Making people feel beautiful through makeup
Manager & Beauty Advisor, Dillards/Estee Lauder (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IANovember 24, 2015
As a beauty advisor/manager at Estee Lauder, I was able to help women feel confident by enhancing their appearance through makeup application techniques. It was a rewarding experience, which helped me further explore career aspirations in customer service.
okay if you need weekly pay
Beauty Adviser (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 9, 2015
too stressful of a work environment. no real room for advancement. djfskjdfhskdjfhskdjfhs odjkfhskjdfhskljdfhsdjfhsjdfhskjdfhksjdfh
Great management team! Learned a lot from this job!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 29, 2015
A typical day here would be to clock in and then be filled in on sales goals and where we were at for the day. Then we would brainstorm about new, fun and inventive way to increase our goals while meeting the needs of our clients. Very creative place to work, ideas were always welcomed and heard.
Pros
Supportive team, Creativity encouraged, educational services provided.
Productive Luxurious Fun Environment
Lead Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 22, 2015
Great skill building in clinetlling, sales, fashion, and skin care. The company lets the employees experience the products to they can give a testimony about the products to clients. The company gives you the tools and help you need to succeed as a person and an employee.
Pros
Great hourly rate, Commission Bonus
Cons
Having to work for the holding compnay, such as Carsons
STRICT but enjoyable
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOSeptember 21, 2015
If you are a makeup enthusiast like me, this may be a great job to get your foot in the door of the beauty industry, but not a place for you to necessarily show your creative makeup skills. The sales goals were very strict, and when you work in a mall that is not that busy and for a short shift, it is very difficult to meet those goals. My coworkers were very fair and honest and not at all cutthroat, despite it being a commissioned job. The hardest part of this job by far was PRE-SELLING THE FREE GIFT WITH PURCHASE. Pre-selling started a few weeks after my first day on the sales floor. As you can imagine, I hadn't had a good clientele that new me and my name. As a new BA, with not that many clients of your own, it was very difficult to get customers to shop with me over the phone. I honestly think that with a better set of circumstances I could've stuck it out with this job, though.
Pros
Playing with makeup, paid 30 minute breaks, good pay
Cons
Very strict sales goals, can be stressful
fun workplace to interact with clients and meet their needs
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 28, 2015
Fun place to work with multiple team members. Personality was a must or you did not stand out or show what you are capable of. Sales goals were exceeded . I went above and beyond my goals to show that I wanted to be the top sales Beauty Advisor.
Pros
Brunches and Lunches provided prior to training on new product at high end hotels
Cons
No room for advancement
sales ,make up ,perfumes
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 25, 2015
special events ,promotions, make up ,orders sales ,cleaning of the working space .i loved sale part of it ,i was great at it .love learning different things and seeing people from every culture. I had so much fun during the events but it was also stressful still it was a great experience
Pros
learned about make up and skin
Cons
very very competitive coworkers
I wish it was more artistic
Full-Time Beauty Advisor/ Acting Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJuly 7, 2015
it is a skincare based line sort of, there is definitely color but you kind of have to work with what you have. Uniforms are great but you do get bored with the same outfit almost everyday.
Fun and exciting work place!
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 22, 2015
Wonderful training, excellent communication, friendly co workers, wonderful benefits and amazing job opportunities.
Productive Workspace, Competitive Pay
Beauty Advisor and Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 18, 2015
Working for Estee Lauder was wonderful! I love the brand and what it stands for. The pay is competitive and sales-goals oriented. You get to practice what you learn everyday. Making long lasting connections with customers is the best part of the job.
Pros
Trying out new Skincare and Cosmetics Products
Cons
Extremely competitive pay. Must be able to hold your own if you want to make any kind of money.
Making Women feel beautiful about themselves
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMay 27, 2015
As a Beauty Advisor I am there to make sure each and every woman that comes to me feels beautiful and confidante about herself. To make sure that she loves the beauty tips that I have given her. And that she fully understands how to apply those tips when she is at home. As a beauty Advisor you will sometimes have a counter partner and you two will have to work together to to build our counter. I enjoy helping ladies feel wonderful about themselves.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Beautiful Line
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYMay 19, 2015
Great Company to work for. The company always wanted their Advisors to have all the tools available. My Co-workers were great and we all took pride in our jobs. The hardest part was re-doing the cases to the companies schematics. The best part of this job was watching my customer leave happy & feeling beautiful.
Great Part time job
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMay 17, 2015
Estee lauder allowed me the opportunity to part time hours allowing me to work a few days a week while being a stay at home mom. A plus to this position is you really learn the importance of client books and how to reach out to customers
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
growth
Fun place to work
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMay 14, 2015
Enjoyed the benefits and perks of the job
enjoyed the uniforms and my coworkers.
It was difficult trying to remember every product and it's benefit, as well as being able to get sales on our slowest days.
Pros
awesome gratis, flexible schedule, work/life balance
Cons
gift with purchase goals and goodwill goals
Very Poor Company
Clinique Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Youkers, Valley West Mall West Des Moines Ia.April 29, 2015
management is horrible and disrespectful. Has no problem yelling and belittling you in front of co-workers or customers. When hired I was also told that I would never have to work past 11pm because I could not work after that time and found that quite often I was scheduled until midnight or 2am during inventory which I was also not told about during the hiring process.
Pros
working with great customers.
Cons
Management and hiring.
Estee Lauder
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nanuet NYApril 25, 2015
A great company to work for. Everyday at work was fun and the clients were amazing and loyal to the brand. The products are wonderful and easy to love. all in all I enjoyed my time with Estee Lauder.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Estée Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Estée Lauder Companies.

Powered by Comparably