The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews for Business Manager

Found 36 reviews matching the search See all 1,614 reviews
One of my best jobs
Business manager (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTNovember 13, 2018
I loved my time with Estee Lauder as well as working at Nordstrom. During my 7 years there, I was able to attend training classes on a regular basis. I was recognized as a Pace Setter and employee of the month which is a big deal. My picture was up in the store for this recognition.

My District Manager for Lauder was amazing. She was kind , honest , and fair, I also loved the Nordstrom management as well. There was always some incentive, and recognition .
I have to say by far this was one of my beat jobs ever.
Pros
Free business lunches on a regular basis, Great recognition program .
Cons
Management changes very often so there were a lot of chages to adapt to
Productive and fun place to work
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2018
Never a dull moment here. The sales quotas make the girls a bit caty at times but for the most part it's a great environment to work in. I had a lot of fun making people feel beautiful and coaching the girls on how to do the same.
Pros
Salary, good comission
Cons
Long holiday hours
I love Estee Lauder
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TX 78613June 7, 2018
Estee Lauder has the absolute best training for any cosmetic company. They also only sell high quality products so they are not hard to sell. You do work for the store and the Estee Lauder company most of the time.
sales driven
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 14, 2018
A fair place to work but all job performance was based on sales. Working within a department store was also challenging because you worked for both companies.
Pros
free makup
Cons
retail hours
Great Pay but Poor Management
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  KansasMay 6, 2018
The pay is competitive and better than most retailers, however be prepared to not ever feel connected to the company because each AE has 60+ stores and will treat you like a number. Sales is the only thing that they look at not your performance, leadership or consistency/reliability.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
On your feet all day, retail hours, poor management
My work is like family
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 12, 2018
My day starts with straightening up from the day before. I dust every day and take pride in my Estee Lauder and Clinique counters. I meet with management and discuss sales, business and any concerns either one of us have. The joy I receive from seeing my customers brings me so much happiness.
Pros
Meeting new people, making people feel amazing.
Cons
Would love more responsibility!
Stressful and competitive
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 16, 2018
Loved the Estee Lauder product, but found pressure to sell very stressful. Found the education and training to be very helpful. A little too competitive in my opinion.
I would highly recommend Estee Lauder as a career option to a friend.
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 11, 2018
I would still be at Estee Lauder if not for the distance issue. I live too far away from stores.
The culture is one of professionalism. Management is supportive and care for employees as family.
The only issue for me was the stress of making sales numbers and not feeling a work/life balance.
Pros
benifits
Cons
no work/life balance
I enjoyed my Lauder family
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 15, 2018
belk hours were not good however I enjoyed working for Estee Lauder. lots of room for advancement. The vendor received adequate support from the retailer for events.
Highly intense, fast pace work environment, with a friendly supportive staff and coworkers.
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 8, 2017
Estee Lauder cares that their Beauty Advisors and Managers receive all the support possible. Though this position allows you to be occassionally creative, you are mainly there serve your clientele, make sales and beat last year's numbers.
Pros
You can change the world, one makeover at a time.
Cons
The lack of funding doesn't allow me to hire someone at this time, so I wear ALL hats at all times.
Dream Job
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2017
Bobbi Brown was the ultimate rewarding experience because I worked side by side with the Owner,founder and creator of her own major Cosmetic company. At Bloomingdales Soho in NYC, business management for Bobbi Brown helped to elevate my level managing a million dollar counter.
Pros
Million Dollar Counter
Great place for Cosmetics Field
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2017
I enjoyed working for Estee lauder Company.
Retail overall becomes challenging when you are trying to juggle that between your family life.
There is not balance.
Loved the product, brand and culture!
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 16, 2017
Inspiring leadership team! Great products and opportunities for advancement! The training and development of associates was unprecedented! I have never loved a company more!
Wonderful company
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCJanuary 16, 2017
Wonderful cosmetic line to work with. Training is extremely thorough, and what you learn from the company in sales, beauty/cosmetic knowledge, and business practice is amazing. Loved it!
It is great if you love doing makeup and selling products
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHDecember 26, 2016
It is a fun job when you get one on one time with your customers. The hours can be hectic because it is retail. The commission is good if you are at a high volume counter.
Pros
Free products
benefits
high stress
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 19, 2016
too many events, sales goals too high. enjoyed working with my coworkers. boss does not appreciate hard work, only criticizes
No Means Next
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 6, 2016
-Estee Lauder is a great company to work for and holds a beautiful story behind it. This woman had a dream and a passion for cosmetics, and she went for it! This company is constantly growing, and has many other brands on board.
-Job is very hands on, introducing skincare and make up tutorials is crucial in building business.
-Having great customer skills, and building lasting connections. The customer overall experience is important, it is what sets you apart from the competition.
-Coworkers are generally ok, in the cosmetics department it is hard to have positive relationships. Others like to gossip, or walk away with your business, which means your counter loses $$. It is better to keep to yourself.
-Management is completely unorganized at Macy's not Estee Lauder. That is what has made it most difficult to work for this cosmetics brand. I was not in love with my work environment. There was a lack of care for employees.
-The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and building business, just watching all the hard work turn into positive growth made me feel proud.
It is a multitaskers job
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHNovember 16, 2015
I loved the company and the brand. I love working in cosmetics. I love being a business leader. I love being successful at what I do.
Pros
you get a lot of great products for free
Cons
you work all holidays and every weekend
Good Company to work for
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Estee Lauder. I was able to transfer to different stores when I moved because I was a military wife. I love cosmetics and helping people so it was the perfect job for me.
A day
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 1, 2015
My typical work day includes servicing clients and maintaining my goals for the day.
I am surrounded by wonderful co-workers and clients who make the day filled with fun.
Pros
my clients are great
Cons
days that are slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Estée Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

The Estée Lauder Companies Reviews by Location