The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews for Makeup Artist

Found 45 reviews matching the search See all 1,614 reviews
LOVE Lauder
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 13, 2019
I loved working here. I traveled, we were never in the same place more than a day or two. The gratis was amazing. People were great. Management was stellar
Pros
travel, gratis. new place everyday
Fun and fullfilling
Freelance Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 28, 2019
Working for Estee Lauder has been a very fun and fulfilling experience. I love the product and enjoy sharing the benefits with customers. I realized I have a passion for working with people but can also be driven to achieve personal goals.
Estee Lauder
Freelance makeup artist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAFebruary 26, 2019
Estee Lauder is one of my favorite makeup/skincare companies and I get the pleasure to work with there brand and empower woman around the region to feel beautiful!
Faced Paced
Mac Cosmetics & Smashbox Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CADecember 29, 2018
Fast paced workplace, presented positive and negative challenges. Moral was typically low. The best times was when the counter was busy. I liked that we were able to play different types of music to help keep up an up beat momentum.
Pros
Connections with returning customers, big discount
Cons
No health care offered to part timer
Great Retail Exposure
MAC Freelance Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 28, 2018
Stocking inventory and cleaing products and display areas. Apply makeup on consultation appointments and suggest products. Follow up with customers regarding purchase.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
No designated scheduled work weeks
Estée Lauder freelance,manager,spa specialist,sales makeup artist
Freelance Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma CitySeptember 25, 2018
I love working with Estée Lauder. I’m just looking to advance in my career and make changes to learn and grow more.i I’ve worked with Estée Lauder since 1995-2018. Have been a manager for 15 years until the store I was working at closed then I took a position working on a team.
Fun learning about products/positivity
Freelance Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2018
Love the products and the technology behind this brand. Passion is easy to obtain working for this company. Very flexible with all schedules. Allows advancement.
Pros
Paid travel and good pay
Competitive and fun place to work with many opportunities for growth.
Aba Coordinator, Regional Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 9, 2018
One of the best parts of my job is to teach clients how to achieve their look at home and feel happy about themselves and their appearance on a daily basis.
really interesting to work for
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 20, 2018
I learned a lot from working here, I feel as though I helped a lot of people out. I would help with all kinds of products. Did facials talked the customer about the products.
Pros
great company
Cons
really had to know how to push the products for them to buy
Great for the flexible person
Freelance Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Being a freelancer gives you the freedom to make your own schedule. You are able to pick the days you want to work. My only problem is they do have short hours during certain seasons and you do not get benefits (just gratis).
Pros
Decent pay, flexibility, product
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and Inspiring
Beauty Advisor/Estee' Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 10, 2018
Peaceful Environment, Customer base is steady, and I enjoy working their overall. Love working with my manager, the company itself embodies leadership.
Maybe its my region specifically.. I came on board as they were experiencing alot of changes
Freelance Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 14, 2017
With so many people leaving everything is just really unorganized.. Schedules, hours, management, productivity, etc. At first I had consistent part time hours.. Now Im lucky to get 5hrs in a week.
Pros
The music isnt dull
Cons
No gratis offered to freelance artist even if you pull 25-28hrs a week
Loved learning about the company
Makeup Artist Montebello (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CASeptember 10, 2017
Loved everything about this job just didn't have the best manager .Also it was hard to advance .You could hardly take vacation time off when you earned it
Pros
one hour lunch breaks
Cons
it was hard to advance
Great opportunity
Regional Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2017
Great opportunity for growth in the beauty industry. You will learn a lot about product knowledge and selling techniques as well as application. Estée Lauder is also very generous with gratis, which they give to you, so you can provide the best costumer service
Pros
Gratis and training
Cons
Poor communication from management
All about Sales
Makeup Artist/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2017
I worked as a freelance makeup artist and they only cared if I sold. You could of never done makeup before and they will hire you because at the end of the day they just want you to sell.
Pros
Cons
poor pay, don't value employees, only care about sales numbers
Love my job
Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 10, 2017
I love working for Estee Lauder-the products are fantastic and my bosses are so driven! If you're an artist looking to advance, this is the company for you!
Productive and Goal oriented enviroment.
MAC Certified Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 30, 2017
I have been afforded to meet the most amazing people daily,helping them meet their shopping needs, and desired looks. I have learned how to maintain client relationships as well as meet the company's needs consistently. This by far has been a very rewarding company to work for.
Very Flexible
Esthetician/Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento and Bay AreaDecember 29, 2016
I've worked with for this company for many years and in multiple areas. They are always willing to work with you if your schedule or location changes. Great training and great managers.
Great company to work for.
Freelance Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2016
Their makeup is great, for all skin types and all shades, they have a great skincare line. I love doing makeup it's my passion, I ensure my clients have a great customer service experience
Fast paced fun goal oriented position
Makeup Artist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 27, 2016
Wonderful job for 13 years....Able to build rapport/relationships with customers. Intense teaching regarding skincare which is invaluable......

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Estée Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

The Estée Lauder Companies Reviews by Location