The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 1,611 reviews
Good Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2018
It is a wonderful place to work at, structured environment, and easy going as well. It is also a pleasant setting, beautiful design too. I enjoyed working there.
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. The managers and coworkers were great. Not only did they provide a fun environment but they also were very fair and patient with me.
Lack of care for employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLFebruary 20, 2018
My direct superior was a very nice person, but the manager above her was a very fake person. Overall the job was stressful because of sales quotas and unrealistic expectations. There’s a lack of reward for good sales or work ethic and a lot of nit picking over the small stuff. It’s not a worthy cause unless you absolutely love sales and can deal with a very fast paced and competitive environment
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Poor management
Positive work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 3, 2018
Utilized artistic skills to create customized looks for clients based upon listening and interpreting their personal style.

Retail experience has provided a unique experience to refine my ability to read and interpret individuals needs.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoy the customers and my co workers. The work culture is fun. Everyone helps and works together to complete a task. Manager is someone that is willing to work with you at any time if there is a need to change schedules, unsure of a task. She strives to make a great work environment.
Pros
discounts and fun people to work with
Cons
not really any
Wonderful Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Great company to work for. Management great. Always busy which made the day go by very fast. Flexibility when needed. Great benefits. Long commute on most days.
very fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 7, 2018
loved the creativity I was able to showcase at estee. the executives and emloyees are great to work with. I have learned so much working with this awesome company.
Pros
free cosmetics
Cons
no cons
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 29, 2017
It was good to work there for the pay other than that the job is training especially if you work the night shift.

The job is good again, it is just not compatible really if you do both, work and go to school.
Pros
good pay and hours
Cons
interferes with regular day schedule
Slow and Boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDNovember 21, 2017
The store was very dead most of the time. Not many customers so we had to constantly clean. We were not allowed good amount of breaks and were standing all day.
Great discounts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 12, 2017
I worked at the Cosmetic Company Store so I was able to purchase items from the entire Estee Lauder line, It was a fun job with a lot of fun co-workers.
Helpful, Hardworking and was New to Cosmetic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2017
Start the day with making sure that the cash register has enough money; and make sure that the environment is clean for the customers and make sure that I have positive attitude.

I was new to cosmetics, but I have learned a lot so that I can be of help to the customers.
great work environment
Corporate sales associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 12, 2017
Employees were great, management was good, this job was pure customer service and the products we sold where awesome. A great place to work but only if you are a female
Pros
great employees
Cons
only can advance if your a female
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 31, 2017
At the Estee Lauder it was always fun to be. Being able to help customers feel good with themselves. I enjoyed a lot interacting with customers on a daily bases.
Good Company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 27, 2017
I would work for them again if they would like to accept me. I loved my job at the Cosmetics Company Store. Unfortunate that they closed my store down. Hope to continue my career selling makeup.
Pros
Good pay. Good hours.
Cons
Store closed.
Amazing company to work for and to be apart of
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2016
I love working for Estee Lauder. What a wonderful company it is to be apart of. The company is constantly looking to keep growing and expanding. The account executives are willing to go above and beyond to help you excel your own business. I would recommend working for them to anyone.
Pros
Constantly improve and evolving the culture of the brand.
Cons
Retail Hours
Productive and energetic workplace that allows engagement with customers and satisfying needs
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 31, 2016
Greeting customers as they walk into our store is a key role of my job. We provide the most enjoyable experience and help knowledge our customers to all the products we offer. Knowledge about products is essential in communicating with customers and making sure that their needs are one hundred percent satisfied. Management was wonderful, they provided us with a help desk in case of any emergencies and were flexible to my school schedule. We provided a very strong team, in which we all work together and continue to make our store improve. Having restrictions on what we cannot do with customers was extremely tough when I only wanted to make their experience wonderful. Engaging with a person one-on-one and making sure they are satisfied was one of the greatest feelings.
Pros
Team, appreciation, flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Restrictions
a great start to build sales and customer service experience. friendly enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 28, 2016
great place to work if your starting out in sales and customer service.
friendly staff limited advancement opportunities
Pros
great sales experience
Cons
limited advancement
part time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  harrisonburg belkApril 25, 2015
beauty consultations
counter manager is disorganized always arguing with other associate
hardest part is working 5-9, no sales due to no customers
I love what I do
Friendly atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 18, 2015
In such a small store, I really got to know my fellow coworkers, and it was a nice balance of work and socialization. Between stocking, helping customers, and cleaning the store, we were given the opportunity and encouraged to try the different products so we could better help people find what they were looking for.
Pros
Great people
Cons
smell of perfume could be overwhelming
Enjoy working and helping people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 27, 2013
Very hard worker. I enjoy working and helping people. I enjoy learning. Enjoy the interaction with the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Estée Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Estée Lauder Companies.

Powered by Comparably