The Estée Lauder Companies

3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 330 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,145 reviews

The Estée Lauder Companies insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Amazing opportunity!

The job was fun and not difficult if you have proper product knowledge and like work that centers around dealing with clients. The Estée Lauder management is a team of intelligent, incredible, down to earth and friendly women. There’s room for advancement if you’re good at what you’re doing and are hardworking. The only downside is that it’s a retail job so can be competitive. That comes with the territory. Highly recommend EL and proud that they are comprised of a truly amazing management team.

Pros

Gratis, employee discount, caring managers

Cons

Co worker competition, not enough hours and benefits for part timers

Benefits are good but job isn’t

They will try to keep you a technical operator for years but will make you learn and run every line in your work center. I’ve watched technical operators teach high payed mechanics things about lines.

Benefits

Cons

No job growth They will give you work for higher positions without the title and compensation

Fair and supportive

Management is great. We are being treated fair and respectful. No discrimination against anybody. Pay is good but I wished it would be a little more due to the raise of rent and everything else. Benefits are good. I’m happy with my manager and my team. This is my home. I love going to work.

Fun place to work, pay could be better.

I've enjoyed working here overall. I've made lasting friendships and always had managers who cared for my well being and advancement. The pay is mediocre, but you have to negotiate a good starting salary, and perform well to make more.

Pros

Vacation days

Cons

Poor management outside of my department

Dissappointment

After working many different roles within the company over 14 years, it finally came to an end. The company decided to start closing store locations as a way to balance the budget and focus on rebranding. Totally understandable with recent cutbacks due to Covid changing the retail environment. But when I have a signed and dated statement from Corporate saying that all my compensation and bonuses will be paid out and I have still yet to see that fulfilled from the company. The HR and corporate office do not have your back and will quickly transfer you to someone else because there are no answers. Shame on your for the way you treat your people.

Pros

Gratis

Cons

No follow up or follow through

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Benefits good, but lack of opportunity

They take care of their people from a benefits perspective. The best healthcare plan around, 401k match, etc. The experience around your job will really come down to your manager and whether they want to mentor you and help you grow. If you're new to the working world and you get manager who takes no interest in your career, then it will be difficult to construct a path forward and grow. Some managers don't understand that training and development is more than telling your employees to watch Linked In Learning videos. It's also about experience and challenging your employees on a day to day basis. Sure, this is a problem with every company, but it seems to be particularly prevalent here.

Benefits

Cons

Lack of mentorship, lack of managers who care

Workplace culture

The culture used to be like a family. Those values have changed. There isn't enough training for upper management to learn about inclusion and diversity. The yearly evaluation should include I&D but it depends where in the company you are. Supply Chain is very much the boys' club, which is a problem when the company is 80% women and POC.

Pros

Benefits and access to product

Cons

No work/life balance

love it

love job flexible hour .people are friendly need more help need more management people love the people work with free lunch free parking two break just love working here

Pros

lunches

Cons

break

Great company!

Great company! Great benefits but there’s not as much room for growth or advancement. Always are hiring outside the company instead of promoting within.

Hours are to good

Overnight is not too good, doesn’t matter how many lines or machines you know. They won’t advance you and there is little to no opportunity to move to first shift. Salary barely adjusts. Overall the company is ehh at best. Managers don’t seem to want to advance you.

The clientele and management on the corporate side is unbeatable.

I loved my time at Estée Lauder. They offer the perfect amount of job flexibility while still instilling structured workplace principles. Plus the benefits are unbeatable. I will forever have respect for this company.

Fun and exciting

It's a retail job so it can be tough the holidays can be rough no time off during holidays season however Overall the company treats their employees very well and there are a lot of benefits.

Great company

Good pay and very flexible hours. The only issue is that there isn’t much hours to give so if you need a full time job you won’t get it by freelancing but if you work in a department store there are plenty of hours.

Very good experience

I had a situation with a special needs child and this company, management were incredibly supportive and understanding. Some adjustment in the beginning with high fashion work culture but found my way. Excellent knowledge of the beauty industry and they bring in very impressive speakers. Management classes were some of the best I have experienced. Downside can be a lot of administrative work when working in the field. Difficult to advance or move to other brands.

Pros

High-end hotels, dinners and activities. Great discounts and NYC benefits. Pension is generous and 401k match.

Cons

Dinners after long work day can be tiring, In my position a lot of travel due to spread out territory.

research

no work like balance. new hires are given higher salaries than existing employees. age discrimination. the company now operates with 90% under 30. no room for advancement. Temps are asked to work years before they are hired full time. Medical Benefits are lacking. Poor training for new employees. Overworked under paid, but even a pay increase would not help complete the unrealistic work load. You now have to know your job and all your support team responsibilities. there is no more support since the support teams are overloaded they are dispersing their responsibilities on others in other departments.

Pros

friendships

Cons

healthcare, work load, family life balance, discrimination

Loved having to make my own hours

Working for Estée Lauder was fun. Had my AE work with me on my hours and always was supportive in adjusting time to help. The position was seasonal and an on call basis. The VRS staff was always great to help. Didn’t really have much info on what benefits was available or able to apply for different positions. But overall representing Estée Lauder was a privilege.

Pros

Able to be creative with retail staff to make sales and was understanding on personal matters

Cons

On call position, hours not always available- only seasonal position

Great company, room to grow

I was a part time sales associate and keyholder in a small Aveda stand alone location. Loved the people I worked with, because of the size of the store, there was no way to move up to assistant manager or manager. I left right before the store closed due to COVID-19. Part time associates are pretty much fill in people for the managers who want to take time off and vacation. As PT associates we do not get benefits.

Pros

The company culture

Cons

No benefits for part time associates

Company with Values

Great culture, good people and excellent benefits. IT needs a major facelift and management needs to adapt to latest trends Good company to grow your career

Great place to work and learn, but overtime is exhausting

I learned so much working for Estée Lauder. I met and became friends with many intelligent individuals. The pay, bonuses ect were very competitive. Management had a direct impact on the culture of the business. I worked under some wonderful and inspiring managers, and some with opportunity to allow there executives to use their talents, and give them autonomy to get the job done. Instead at times I felt very micro- managed. At times many of us experienced , or witnessed some bullying, and unprofessional behaviors from superiors, and it felt a bit like high school. There were times, especially with a lot of travel that there wasn’t much work/life balance. Again, with great managers , there were wonderful times of learning, growing, and having fun.

Pros

Wonderful compensation, learn so many aspects of the business in the job, inspiring meetings, gratis, wonderful colleagues

Cons

Too much travel at times/ not much work/life balance/ mean girl mentality/ poor management

Strong favoritism it's all about who you know.

Strong growth in the past 3 years as the company continues to buy more brands. You will learn a lot and meet really interesting people, but your growth is dependent on who you know not what you know.

Pros

Networking.

Cons

Low salary.

The confidence that my former supervisor had in me.

Was a wonderful place to work. I retired. My supervisor was put out to pasture. So, I left after he did. I didn’t care for the politics. I saw a lit of change over the years and not fir the good where the store employees were concerned.

Pros

Excellent benefits. Easy to get time off.

Cons

Loved this job until it got to being micro managed. Broke my heart to leave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Estée Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

65%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

65%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss