The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Review

View all The Estée Lauder Companies reviews

Fun but competitive
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 29, 2018
I worked for Estée Lauder for A couple months and I noticed that they are extremely competitive. The whole job was to sell makeup to people and push them to buy Estée Lauder no matter what they even came to the store for. I didn’t like that part and you even had a goal to how much profit to make a day. The pay was amazing but the management was very sloppy. Schedules where constantly messed up and the contact sheet was never correct. One time the manager even shorted my check by $109 just from being unorganized. The ladies weren’t very kind to each other either. The main reason I liked it was the pay to be honest.
Pros
Freelancing, pay, free product
Cons
Management, errors in scheduling

Other The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews

Mostly temporary employees
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAJune 20, 2019
Most jobs had been phased to temporary employees. They expect an extreme amount of work to be done and care little about you as an employee. If you did manage to get a full time position the benefits do not outway how little they pay. The 401k match is a joke because of this. Many of the managment were fresh out of college and do not care how things actually work, they just want it done or you are replaced.
Great place to work and great atmosphere
Director - IT Applications (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 20, 2019
I have been at Estee Lauder for almost 10 years and love working for the company. They have great benefits and leadership. The company is also competitive in salary in a tough market. I have grown tremendously, and have been mentored by many great leaders.

Overall, I have really enjoyed my experience with Estee Lauder and would highly recommend anyone interested to apply.
Pros
Great benefits and people
Cons
Work life balance can be hard to maintain in certain roles

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Estée Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Estée Lauder Companies.

Powered by Comparably