The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews

Found 994 reviews matching the search See all 1,614 reviews
Working at ELC
Sr Mgr (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 5, 2019
Great benefits and perks. Flexible working hours. However, work politics and too many layers will prevent you from climbing up the corporate ladder. Some positions have great travel benefits.
Dont age or beware
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2019
ELC sadly became more about presenting than substance. It became more about perception and being part of the "click". Things slowly deteriorated once shareholders became the driving force of the company.
Fantastic Company
Counter Manager/Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2019
I have deep passion for makeup, skincare, health and longevity. Working for Estee Lauder allowed me to excell in all these areas. Estee Lauder also provided superior training to all their employees
Pros
Great Company
Cons
can't think of any
A very good cooperation of staff
Sorting (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PAJanuary 31, 2019
It was a very good job and very experienced sorting department. Gift packaging .Huge staff and everyday used to have experience different departments and sections
Pros
Hot drinks
Cons
Break after two hours
Hard Sales Goals to Meet
Freelance Artistry (Current Employee) –  UltaJanuary 30, 2019
Goals are basically unattainable. Typically double what you would normally do. If you get close to making them, they will make them higher.Very high pressure.
Pros
Great Rate of Pay
Cons
No benefits, vacation
busy and fun
Freelance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2019
Typical day is busy and fun.
Learned about our guests wishes.
Management always available to assist.
Fun atmosphere.
Hardest part of job is exceeding goals on a very slow day.
Enjoyable part of the job is providing an awesome and memorial experience with me and store.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not enough hours
interacting with clients and staff fun exposure
Make Up Artist, Free Lancer (Current Employee) –  chicago land areaJanuary 29, 2019
Working for this company and going to assigned department stores as freelance makeup artist is exciting, can be challenging also. Show, tell and assure is my method in introduction. Recruiting, with foundation and our #1 serum is the key of the day. Everyone, wants beautiful skin and clients see my skin they feel it can be done.
Pros
wearing product to show and tell
Cons
can find yourself working to extreme
Compounding Mangers Suck.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJanuary 27, 2019
Mangers suck at there job. Often lie about everything and get you fired for anything. And lie to H.R. it's just a back stabbing place to work who don't care about you.
Creative workplace. Always new experiences
By Kilian Freelance (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 25, 2019
The co workers are cool people to work with, most will give a helping hand. I learned a lot about communicating to groups of different cultures. For the most part, I really enjoyed this job.
A Collaborative, Gratifying Learning Experience
Global Communication PR Apprentice (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2019
As a Global Communication PR Associate for The Estée Lauder Companies' brand Lab Series, I gained an extensive amount of knowledge and skill. I was able to assist with daily PR goals, such as reaching out to influencers and various outlets for product coverage, as well as take part in event organization. I was exposed to PR in a way that was very team-oriented. My superiors were helpful in explaining new concepts to me, as well as inclusive in all PR opportunities presented to the Lab Series team. I exercised a high level of independent work when carrying out tasks, such as social media management, event coordination, and market analyses.
Wonderful company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHJanuary 24, 2019
Estee Lauder was a wonderful company to work for. I believed in their products and used their products since I was 15 years old. Upper Management was very approachable and easy to connect with. It was nice to make customers feel good about themselves when they used our products.
Challenging and rewarding sales environment
Beauty Advisor/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLJanuary 23, 2019
Estee Lauder is cosmetic company that challenges it's Beauty Advisers to sell their product in addition to meeting and preferably exceeding your sales goals.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Disgruntled customer
I enjoyed my time while working for this company!
Senior Technical Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 23, 2019
I worked with Estee Lauder for a number of years before they out-sourced most of our departments staff. This was and is a great place to work...if not a contract employee.
Pros
Cons
Too much politics
not as fun as it sounds
Beauty advisor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 22, 2019
I was pregnant while working for them and had to stand throughout my whole shift. They were not very considerate of situation. The manager was very demanding. Her expectations were not realistic.
Good place to work but on your feet all day
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 21, 2019
Where I worked I had to call the shelves to me and restock them from the receiving bay. It was long and fast paced. The other workers there were great to be around.
Pros
Work
Cons
Short breaks
Productive work environment
Trainer Core Hire to Retire (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2019
A typical work day at times can be stressful, but my coworkers and I worked as a team. My training skills have improved since working at Estee Lauder.
Pros
Ability to work from home when needed
Cons
Difficult to advance
Packanging
Manpower (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 20, 2019
Inpections products, Packanging products, checks code , checks everything good.the factory products. Diferent product , diferent company example Mac, Estee lauder ,Clinique, Brown and others. Good production. Good workers, good Inpection
Pros
No free lunchs
Cons
Health care, life insurance, K 401
Great Environment to Work
Senior Coordinator Special Events (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJanuary 19, 2019
I learned so much in my position as a Special Events Coordinator for Clinique in Travel Retail. This was a great opportunity for me in
my career in cosmetics.

To have the opportunity to work with marketing department, sales team and education department in planning Special Events was a highlight in my career. It was exciting; and it was fun to bring Special Events to consumers throughout the Americas.

By doing so, I was devoted to " bring the best to everyone that I touched" whether it was a consumer, beauty advisor, management staff or someone on the street. Learning to communicate (learning a new language) and work with others in different countries was a great learning experience.
Pros
Great working environment, benefits, and salary healthcare, dental vision
Cons
sometimes very long hours, especially when traveling out side the USA
Mucho estrés laboral, mucha presión en todo sentido
Maquillista profesional (Former Employee) –  Nivel nacionalJanuary 19, 2019
La empresa es excelente, lo malo son los administradores, si les caes bien te dejan y si les caes mal aunque hagas buen ti trabajo te ponen trabas para que te vayas tú sólo. Excelente empresa.
Pros
Es un peldaño grande, es una gran escuela.
Cons
La presión es abrumadora, sin muy erráticos en su bandera de manejar al personal m
I enjoyed It
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 17, 2019
I learned a lot while working at Dillard's. I would definitely go back to work at Estee Lauder for sure. It was fun to have a goal to meet everyday. Not to mention the people I interacted with on a daily basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Estée Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight