The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews

Found 994 reviews matching the search See all 1,614 reviews
Estee’ Lauder
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILJanuary 16, 2019
Environment was not appealing to me personally. Slow paced environment. I prefer high energy. Interview process was exaggerated for the work I was expected to do.
Pros
Product Rewards for hitting Sales Goals
Cons
Long shifts, very slow pace day’s
Abc
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2019
Work life balance needs some work but the people are very smart and driven. Benefits are great but compensation is lower than others in the same industry.
Fun place to work
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 9, 2019
I enjoyed working in the payroll department. My co workers were very friendly and helped me out alot when I first started. I learned something new everyday within my year at the company. Too bad it was only a temp job. I would go back today if they needed me.
Pros
Nice hours and alot of overtime
Cons
Great place to work especially with expertise and knowledge.
Estee Lauder Associate Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC Metro AreaJanuary 9, 2019
Great culture working environment, especially if you have product knowledge, enjoy helping people, patience and willing to train new employees as well as clients.
Pros
quarterly gratis of products, lunch provided during group training, schedule based upon your availability.
Cons
only 30 min breaks working 6+ hours, sometimes not enough hours given due to budget cuts and less pay than most other cosmetic companies.
Awesome experience
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 9, 2019
I loved working for Estee Lauder. This job taught me a lot about customer service, sales, and skin care as a whole. They send you to so many classes a quarter and usually you get to go two days. You learn about skin care and makeup, play games, and meet other women from other stores! You get a ton of free product and the educational and sales experience is unmatched. I only left this company because I was a full time pre-med student and the school load was too much. Would definitely consider returning to the counter!
Educational fun environment
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLJanuary 4, 2019
Estée Lauder gave me the opportunity to explore my creativity through make up and event planing. I also got to utilize our personal clientele system to build strong relationships with customers
Collaborative and friendly workplace
Guide (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 4, 2019
Heavy customer involvement on the floor but fun. We preform free mini facials in hopes increasing sales. Management could've been more organized and more respectful to employees. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unnecessary drama sometimes. Learning the product knowledge and bouncing ideas and facts off of customers and employees about the nature filled ingredients in the products.
Pros
free lunches for holidays or work meetings
Cons
underpaid and over criticized
store retail sales
Market Selling Specialist / Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2019
sales in retail stores
enjoyed co workers
enjoyed managers at elc
care about there employees
enjoyed the events driven in all doors
felt like a family
Faced Paced
Mac Cosmetics & Smashbox Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CADecember 29, 2018
Fast paced workplace, presented positive and negative challenges. Moral was typically low. The best times was when the counter was busy. I liked that we were able to play different types of music to help keep up an up beat momentum.
Pros
Connections with returning customers, big discount
Cons
No health care offered to part timer
Estée Lauder
Freelance (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 27, 2018
I love working at Estée Lauder, I love working with makeup and making women feel better about themselves and educating them about skin care. Because you make is only as good as your skin care
Pros
Pay meeting people manager
Cons
Not enough hours
Hard work, and lots of it
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 16, 2018
There was a lot of hard work involved and you had to be quick. You have to follow the protocol what ever happens, you follow the protocol and lot of manual labour.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short breaks, not enough salary, exhausted after the work
ELC Always Changing
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2018
Estee Lauder has changed a lot over the past 5 years with the influx of upper management from other companies. Doing more with less became the norm and workplace culture was adversely affected. There were more opportunities to learn but less time due to workload.
Pros
Business stability
Cons
Focus always on the stock price going up.
Free lance make up artist
Sales, Account Coordinator, Make Up Artist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 12, 2018
Build sales, make overs, dollar goals, go to various department stores, no micromanagement ans something if the manager is generous you can get good samples
Pros
Free make up, Play in make up, Make your own schedule
Cons
No fulltime work, Always temporary work & estee lauder is on of the lower paying companies
Productive and a fun place to work
Processor (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 8, 2018
I learned how to work as a team. The enjoyable part of working there was the diverse cultures and meeting new people. The hardest part of the job was waiting for a machine to be fixed when it broke down and finding someone to be put on the line when a line was short. The management was very helpful and friendly.
Cons
Short breaks
Benefits
Consumer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PADecember 5, 2018
The benefits are really great.
Employee Benefit Examples
Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days.
Health insurance.
Life insurance.
Dental insurance.
Vision insurance.
Retirement benefits or accounts.
Tuition reimbursement
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks and poor computer system.
Fun place enjoyed it I enjoyed it very much
Operator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 29, 2018
One of my best jobs loved the people I work with at the time and wished I would've stayed. I gained a lot of my job knowledge from Estee Lauder. The work place people and parties we're great. I thank God for for a great experience.
Pros
People parties picnics nice
Cons
I wish I would have stayed at the time
Great company
Director, Global Indirect Procurement (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2018
Professional group of individuals
Very team oriented
Great management
Benefits offered are competitive
Career growth opportunities
Family business feel
Pros
All of the above
Wonderful Company.
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 29, 2018
I love the mission that Estée Lauder took off and ran with. I would love to work for Estée forever. The products are something to value into while working with your clients.
Great Retail Exposure
MAC Freelance Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 28, 2018
Stocking inventory and cleaing products and display areas. Apply makeup on consultation appointments and suggest products. Follow up with customers regarding purchase.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
No designated scheduled work weeks
Great Company Culture!
Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2018
Excellent work/life balance
Moving away from the standard 9-5 culture
Improving mobility laterally and upward
Supportive, family driven company even though its a very large corporation with a Global Presence
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Consistent feedback/coaching to improve & develop skill set

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Estée Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight