The Family Center Employee Reviews

Fun working environment, up beat
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 18, 2018
The people that work for this company are very friendly and passionate about the community and helping the community and employees in their needs. They care about your health and your advice on improvements.
Great First Job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Versailles, MOJuly 26, 2018
I worked here when i was eighteen years old and it really was an amazing fist job. i got along with all co workers and it was not difficult work, not a career though
Poor
Marriage and Family Therapist Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 24, 2018
Terrible management and low expectations. Supervision is limited and overall services are mediocre at best. For an internship, I would not recommend. Please go elsewhere
Typical Day
Hmong Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIMay 28, 2018
No real training. Lots of miscommunication. Good people to work with but no real leader. Most enjoyable part of the job is providing clients with what they need.
Pros
Learn about domestic violence and sexual assault.
Cons
Stressful and triggering
productive and communty involved.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 31, 2017
My position at The Family Center was my first exposure to the social work and mental health field. The work environment was collaborative and positive. I was advanced to an afterschool counselor with one of the Grant programs my direct supervisor got approved for students that had experienced abuse at home.
I also worked directly with donations for another program helping homeless families and low income populations in the school system.
Pros
paid counseling sessions.
Cons
administration changed.
Caring staff, great community
Clinical Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 18, 2017
One of the biggest clinical psychology private practices in the area -- certainly one of the few that still takes health insurance. Well-established, great history. Staff is comprised of genuinely good people. There is a mixture of seasoned clinical psychologists and residents earning their footing. The administrative team is also great. The work tends to be challenging yet rewarding. Great sense of community, and work-life balance.
Pros
co-workers are great; mission is helping people improve quality of life
Cons
work is challenging but rewarding
clinical position
Interim Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 8, 2017
good chance for advancement, non-profit,so some funding limited. Often poor communication from top to bottom, lacked buy in of staff, discord at board left staff wondering about job security.
Pros
recognized for good work
Cons
discontent at board level perceived by staff
Very Great People to work with
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisonville, MOOctober 5, 2017
This company is going places. Ready to grow, they do a nice job of stocking their stores with ample inventory and taking care of the customer ! Great place to be employed
Na
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 14, 2017
I enjoyed the environment. The team was extremely good with communicating with one another. I also enjoyed how much the CEO's were with the team. They were very engaged.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDAugust 23, 2017
Great place to learn about business and the mental health field.Relaxed atmosphere with great doctors. You learn so much about the everyday challenges in life at this office.
Pros
Everything but benefits
Cons
No benefits
High energy and diverse group tht provides resources to the community
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 19, 2017
The workplace is very diverse as well as the community. Working with the community gives me the greaterst joy. Hardest is having a small team to do all the work that needs to be done.
Pros
Great People
Cons
no benefits
Great Starter job for someone out of college
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIJuly 14, 2017
This is a great place for someone fresh out of college that needs experience.
This is a very highly stressful job. The most enjoyable part about this job is its flexibility in scheduling. With a poor training system, you must be a self-starter otherwise this job isn't for you.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
No health benefits, retirement package
Visitation Supervisor
Visitation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 13, 2017
Wonderful agency to work for, would go back any time. Family orientated and all supervisors were terrific. Staff, supervisors and team were wonderful and always there for you .
Fun and Warm environment
Development & Communication Intern (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 21, 2017
The Family Center is helping families that are in need and it's a great place to give back and as a volunteer it feels good to give back. The Staff and Directors are doing the best job and helping bring families together.
Great Job, No Benefits
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bonne Terre, MOSeptember 21, 2015
Although the job is alright, the benefits and hours aren't exactly the greatest. At the time, there were zero benefits other than a 10% discount on some items.
Program staff (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 1, 2015
The staff and management are committed to the goal and assist you every step of the way to deliver the best service to clients.
good environment to grow as a clinician
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAApril 5, 2015
the staff is a pleasure to work with. the clinicians come together in moments of adversity. I would recommend other clinician to work for the agency to learn and grow.
Pros
atonomy
Excellent place to grow professionally and personally.
Outreach and Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2015
A professional and productive work environment where quality and cost effect client services drive all major decision making processes.
Demanding yet flexible and fair supervisors, managers, and directors.
Pros
Trained and skills staff
Cons
Long commute from the North Bronx to South Brooklyn (1:30)
productive and busy work space
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAOctober 15, 2014
A typical workday at the family center for me would be going into work on time sitting at my desk and doing what was assigned for me that day I would be answering phones as it rang and transferring the client over to whom ever they were calling for. I didn't really interact with my co workers because I did not go to work to socialize.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
short breaks crowded
Internship
Family & Marriage Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 20, 2014
I was in intern at The Family Center while in College at The University of Kentucky. I learned a lot while I was there and worked with great people.