The Family Conservancy Employee Reviews

Clinical Intern
CLINICAL INTERN (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 23, 2017
The Family Conservancy was a terrific place to train. I was provided excellent training and supervision while entrusted with a significant case load.
My supervision took her job seriously and pressed me to make the most of my training opportunities.
Pros
Supportive and friendly work environment
Cons
Inconsistent work load
Great people and job, but poor management.
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 3, 2017
They are very family oriented, but when the little ones (workers) try to voice their opinions and are often overshadowed by management. I enjoyed working with different kinds of clientele. Staff meetings were great, but sometimes unnecessary. Way overworked and under paid.
Pros
Great coworkers, great vacation pay, sick time, benefits, hours are ok.
Cons
Hours are not all that flexible, management is pretty bad, sometimes my voice doesn't seem to matter
Great Culture
HR Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMarch 30, 2017
There is plenty of work to be done, but constant encouragement to learn and grow. Most managers are wonderfully supportive, and there is a commitment to work/life balance. Great retirement and leave benefits!

It can be a bit overwhelming at times, but still a great team. Advancement is limited, because no one wants to leave,... but no one wants to leave.
Pros
Supportive culture, broad definition of family, benefits
Cons
Limited advancement, difficult to find a better place to work.
Unfair managment staff
Bilingual Early Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KansasSeptember 8, 2015
The supervisors are not objextive with staff, The pay is ok. The company has downsized enourmously. Staff are easy going.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Downsized-lots of lay offs
A great place to work to help improve the lives of others.
MSW Intern (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 8, 2014
A great place to work to help improve the lives of others. A incredible learning and growing experience.
Five Stars!
Head Start/EHS Mental Health & Disabilities Coord. (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 7, 2013
This company is an amazing place to work. I will miss my work as well as my colleagues as I transition to North Carolina.
Pros
Professional development is encouraged, Salary and benefits are good, Flexible work schedule that is family friendly, Intellectually stimulating work that challenges the mind, Creative freedom
Cons
I supervise a diverse group of staff
Head Start Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 5, 2012
The agency has great benefits and is flexible with your schedule if you have children to raise. My immediate subordinates and I are from different cultures and backgrounds. We have built a solid team over the past 5 years, and we strive to offer quality services to children and families that we serve in a respectful way.
good client and staff relationships
HomeBased Head Start Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 10, 2012
working with children and families through the early stages of there education is rewarding and the most enjoyable part of the day.