The Federal Savings Bank Employee Reviews

Amazing support
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 17, 2019
Great company to work for. Truly extraordinary leadership!
Fun workplace
Junior Closer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2019
The environment is very friendly. The management is friendly as well, there are always knew things to learn. What i really liked is management always being on top of all employees if they need help.
Poor Company to work for
SVP Sales (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 6, 2019
the company did not transition employees well. I did not pay correctly . The company lied to employees. The company is fraudulent. I would not advise anyone to work there.
Do not try ro work here
V.P MORTGAGE (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 19, 2018
Management is absent and non-exsistant. No HR department. They discriminate against customers and employees alike. 0 training 0 support, you basically do everything on the file and they try to figure out how not to get it done. That is A paper loans.Worst company I've ever worked at and realy dont understand how they are in buisness.
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything. If you dont want to get paid good place gor you
Productivity
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 9, 2018
I learned how to priotize my work day as TFSB is very solid on your production and number driven. The job allowed me set goals to underwriter faster with minimum errors.
Pros
Coffee and water unlimited
Cons
401k and healthcare
Great Place to Work
Mortgage Banker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 14, 2018
The Federal Savings Bank has a great operations team and staff that allows Bankers to do their job most effectively.
Very little politics to worry about and a true team environment.
Boiler room
Residential Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 19, 2018
I was told I would be able to develop relationships with Realtors and Financial Planners, but in reality, they wanted me in my cubicle, pounding cold leads and "quick drawing" warm lead phone calls from lead source.
weak
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLOctober 26, 2018
You're on your own and have to do everything by yourself from start to finish. Poor resources and non-competitive pricing and compensation. Don't understand how they are in business.
FSB is a great place for someone just beginning in the mortgage industry.
Senior Sales/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 13, 2018
Very relaxed work environment. With friendly co-workers. Team oriented. Great upper-management with an open door policy. Commission structure was realistic with the sale achievement we were given as associates within the bank.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Technology was extremely inferior to our competitors.
Not a place for advancement
Loan Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 16, 2018
Managers need to understand emergencies happen and that some people CANNOT help them. Rolling your eyes at someone’s misfortune is unprofessional as well as unkind. It’s as if their mother taught them nothing.
Good loan process. Lacking pay and benefits
Mortgage Banker Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2018
It’s a great place to work as far as Home loans are concerned. They have the process nailed down and very good management in place. However pay isn’t too competitive outside of sales and benefits aren’t competitive.
It's a job
Junior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2018
It is what it is, pays the bills but not much. Benefits aren't really there but it's a simple enough job.

Managers are pretty cool, advancement seems like it might be there. We'll see.
Greedy Organization
Mortgage Processing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2018
Overtime pay is a "flex" pay which is basically nothing. There is no HR department, as all inquires are forwarded to the company CEO thus no anonymous feedback. Also if you want you pay to be direct deposited, it is ONLY offered with a TFSB account even if there are no local branches near you. Otherwise your check has to be hand-delivered. Absolutely zero opportunity to learn, grow or promote. This company puts their money ahead of their employees in every aspect.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Benefits, No direct Deposit, No Human Resources, non-existent management team
Excellent training dept provided for all programs
Mortgage Banker (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 1, 2018
Very professional and knowledgeable support staff and management. Staff fully understands all guidelines and regulations for all loan products and programs.
Face paced environment
Loan Servicing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2018
I have been working with the company for a little over a year and a half. The location to the bank is great, close to public transportation. The people and atmosphere is very calm and friendly. This company is a great company for an entry level position/ recent college graduate.
Horrible benefits and salary, no 401k match. High turnover
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2018
Branch manager only showed up to our office when corporate was in town, so lack of support. The benefits were so expensive, that most declined and purchased insurance outside of the company. The company forces their bank account on you in order to get direct deposit of your paycheck, which is only located in Chicago, so if you work in another state it is a pain to transfer your money to your own personal bank.
Nothing gets done
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2018
Slow, lazy processing and underwriting will prevent you from ever closing a loan on time. Or you'll have to work 12-14 hour days and rush everything last minute.
Pros
free parking
Cons
literally everything else
Good
Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2018
This job offers a rich experience such as multi lenders, internal team coaching. National calls, team meetings, constant guidelines via email. Strict policy on emailing for documentation purposes.
Pros
remote abiity
Cons
very strict rules and company policies
Vice President, HECM National Division (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2017
I worked for the HECM division at The Federal Savings Bank. I planned on working with TFSB indefinitely. October 2, 2017 the Federal Housing Administration FHA made some large sweeping changes and made it difficult to make a living. I have a family to support and I am forced to move on to find better and more secure employment.
Pros
worked from home
Cons
worked from home
Fun & Energetic
Vice President HECM Division (Former Employee) –  Ft. Mill, SCNovember 20, 2017
My duties were to Increase loan productivity by developing new contacts, meeting Senior Customers as well as
developing a Rapport with the Sr. Community.
• Provided applicants with information regarding the loan process
• Attracted new mortgage loan application by developing new contacts such as vendor's management
companies, Senior Organizations, Real Estate Co, Banks that do not offer Reverse Mortgages.
Pros
I was able to work from Home
Cons
Some times misses the commoroity with other fellow Co workers