The Fitness Equation

The Fitness Equation Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Found 13 reviews matching the search with 2 related reviews.
Genuine people own and manage this company. Opportunity for upward mobility and growth. Decision making is quick, so if you have a great idea bring it. It will not get bogged down in corporate bureaucracy. Collaborative thinkers and managers. Rewarding industry. Great locations beautifully designed and equipped. Shows like a much larger national chain, rather than a 2 club (current) operation. They consider their members and team family. Fun, fast paced, and rewarding.
Pros
Free membership, good pay, beautiful club, great programs, upward mobility.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Freedom to make your own success and doing what needs to be done for you to meet your company goals. Company provided leads through ability to prospect, local networking events, and website. Encouraged to build relationships with members to build more leads through referrals. Learned many useful sales/interpersonal skills along with the do's and don'ts of successful salesmen in the health and fitness field.
Members were great. Lots of regulars. Group X team worked together well and culture was collaborative not competitive. Studios and equipment are well taken care of.
Pros
membership
When working for this company it was great, if your just getting out of high school or college, and the management was good but if you weren't close to your sales goals you almost felt like you were being watched and over pressured to achieve them, which is understandable why they'd be worried about us all to hit our quotas but the sales goals were almost always unrealistic to achieve to begin with. There was always some sort of drama between the staff and it almost felt like we were in high school all over again.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I am an executive manager. Speaking on behalf of the rest of my leadership team, what makes TFE a special employer is that every staff member who joins our team is considered a strategic hire. What I mean by this is we hope each staff member finds success at TFE and grows with the company. As much as possible, we would love each staff member to never have to look for another job again. We understand many of our staff are young professionals still in school or just graduating and they may move on to other career paths. That said, for as little or long as TFE is your employer, we will do our best to help you to be successful, grow in your skills as a professional, and develop knowledge that can be useful to you throughout your professional life wherever your path takes you. At TFE we love our job and family of coworkers and hope you'll consider joining our ranks.
Pros
All staff working 1 hour or more a week receive a free gym membership; free group exercise classes, discount on services like personal training, salon/spa services, and kids services; discounts at various businesses that partner with the club, and more
I started at TFE as a fitness consultant and was promoted to assistant membership director after strong performance. Best job I've had to date. Great leadership. Great company to work for.
Pros
Free Membership and it's a Beautiful Gym, Great Co-Workers and Manager
While working at TFE I had a very positive experience. My manager and the ownership are available for questions and are interested in helping you grow and become better at your job. I was always told my efforts help out our team and our team is able to accomplish any goal we set our minds to which made me feel valued. I'm still in school at this point but this was a great job for me to develop and I felt I learned so much and established great relationships at TFE.
Pros
Free Membership and it's a Beautiful Gym, Great Co-Workers and Manager
I've been a trainer for 3 years. I started with TFE over a year ago and don't plan on leaving unless it's to start a business of my own. At TFE, you are given a unique opportunity as a personal trainer of learning how to run your own business. Places I've worked at or other trainers I know work at now usually only allow trainers to provide training sessions. TFE lets trainers sell training sessions in addition to servicing sessions and not only supports you learning the business side of the house but pays you on your sales as well as service of the sessions. I left my last place of work because as much as I enjoyed it and my coworkers, I was looking to get a promotion. I kept hitting a glass ceiling though because as good as I was in training they felt I needed to learn the business side more but didn't have any program or way to show me. At TFE, the management track begins from day 1 and you are given the opportunity to ramp up and grow your business over your first months with the company in a way that I have never seen anywhere else I've worked. I recommend TFE to other Trainers.
Pros
income, career growth opportunity, nice club and equipment
Cons
it's not a con for me but I know some trainers who just want to train, I did that and I want to sell and train
The system that leads are distributed makes consultants struggle to get leads. Low compensation made this job unworkable. If you were selling something like homes then you could live off of the commission but it's gym memberships, it's not enough.
Being at the front desk at TFE was definitely enjoyable, the members were (mostly) friendly. It was a relaxed job, making sure no ones accounts were deficient. But the Front Desk management was ridiculous, if a bias was made against you when you first started working then you were sure to be fired. Really rude and disrespectful to employees instead of working on effective communication. Gym owners and higher management is absolutely incredible, they are always willing to work with you. Once FD management changes then people will like their job much more.
Pros
free membership
Cons
disrespectful management, not enough hours
They want you to succeed and are always available to answer questions and help you be successful. They want you to be a go getter. Its a commission and salary job that is uncapped!
As a manager, I am responsible for daily sales goals, training, customer service, and overall maintenance of the gym. This has been an excellent work environment in that the owners are readily available for suggestions or to address concerns. It does involve very long hours and is commission based, so making enough income is challenging. Once again, being in management and dealing with a wide range of clientele, you learn how do deal with a wide variety of people and situations. We operate as a large family, essentially. All the employees are close and in direct contact with the management and owners. It's a tough work environment to be financially successful, but is always a place to look forward to coming to work.
Pros
Comped gym membership, access to a wide range of people and experiences
Cons
Long hours, challenging to make enough money, unpaid overtime.
What i learned at The Fitness Equation was Communicating with others such as coworkers and members. Working the front you are the face of the gym and constantly interacting with members, with their needs and wants. Its helped me step out of my shell and become outgoing.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
expensive healthcare