The Floating Hospital Employee Reviews

Intern
Student Internship (inventory) (Former Employee) –  queens , blvdApril 8, 2019
Interning at the floating hospital was a great experience
everyone was friendly and welcoming .My position as inventory was fairly easy ,although theres alot of equipment to be accounted for the work load wasn't bad at all.
Pros
interns are taken care of and fed throughout the day, friendly staff
Cons
n/a
Fun & relaxed .
Lic - Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYFebruary 19, 2019
Management was very nice and understanding , calm work place. Co-workers were nice , everyone worked well in a team. The only hard part was transportation , i was in the Bronx and TFH was in Lic but i always managed to get there on time .
Community Driven
Health Information Manager (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYFebruary 5, 2019
good place to work part-time. Offer good service to those in shelter and in the community.

Add touch of picking up patients and offer metro cards.
Interesting experience
ART Therapist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2019
I was working on a boat at lower Manhattan with a variety of cultures and had opportunity to work as an Art Therapist with children and family. It was one of my first experience and was quite unusual as environment.
Pros
Unusual environment
Cons
only a contract
High Turnover
Biling and Coding Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2019
There was poor communication between departments which led to confusion and operational failure. There was poor leadership on executive management level which created a negative job environment.
Pros
Great employee benefits
Cons
Poor leadership and management
great
Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2018
working there was amazing ive had a great time working there my managers was great i had fun doimg outreach and helping out at shelters and soup kitches
It was meh
Benefits Counselor (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYDecember 14, 2018
Before anyone would think about working here, they need to know the sacrifice that they are expected to make. There is A LOT of phone calls you r expected to make on top of checking in patients, setting patient's appointments, transferring calls to the proper department and helping anyone in need. The job is not secure. They could fire you at any point, if management says that they can't afford to keep you on board. Your job basically depends on whether or not they have the numbers (number of patients coming into the clinic for any service). They expect you to sometimes harass patients over the phone to get them to come in. I believe that the pay was worth these sacrifices for anyone who is more than willing to pay that price. I personally felt the sacrifice was not worth my time or effort due to the fact that I wanted to go back to school to pursue a degree in psychology.
Pros
long breaks, sometimes free lunches, a lot of company events which they pay u for attending, healthcare benefits, 401k, life insurance, etc.
Cons
super high-paced, very stressful, they overwork u
Productive and fun place
Community Outreach Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYNovember 23, 2018
Easy going area with friendly workers who are willing to help with any problem you may have and everybody really enjoys what they do. Every one acts like a family and there is never a dull moment.
Wonderful place to be to work at
Assistente de Medico (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYOctober 26, 2018
I enjoyed working for the floating hospital it was a wonderful experience good workers alot of team work love all my co workers. Working for providing good care for people in need.
Pros
Love working with children
Cons
Health care very good
I was very busy.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 30, 2018
I worked with the population of homeless. Learned there are different factors with people became homeless. It was a temporary, but learned. Completed the necessary forms for each member of the family.
Pros
Assisted the doctors with the interview process.
Cons
No medical insurance
Fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 29, 2018
Good job great people fun workplace everybody get along they have events good understanding in the work place great culture good business good workers
Pros
Good people
Cons
Sometimes tiring
fun and very productive
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2018
The Floating Hospital is a good place to work, I have nothing against the company. I'm looking for another job that pays more. And because I have a child now, thetefore, I need job security.
Humbling and rewarding environment to work in.
Behavioral Health Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMarch 25, 2018
A typical day at work starts at 9am by attending a morning meeting with staff, retirieving my phone messages, returning calls, scheduling appts and confirming appts for the next day and doing eligibilities to check patient Insurance. Completing providers requests through telephone encounters regarding patient appts. Making list of patients that are picked up by Van drivers for next day appts. Translating (spanish speaking) for front dest reception when needed. Checking out patients by scheduling next future appts and printing patients appts and checking for Metro Card eligibility for traveling.
Good place to be
Director of Rehabilitation Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2018
I worked there from 2000-2004. it was a great place with lots of great people. I learned alot from the experience and the leadership at the hospital. It was definitely one of my favorite places to work.
Pros
great atmosphere and culture
Cons
Lots of changes
Billing team/Manager was great to work for/with
Medical Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYFebruary 13, 2018
The Billing staff was a great bunch of ppl. East to work with. All team players. The manager was understanding and easy going at times, but she meant business.
Pros
Great group to work with
Cons
No job security. Can be fired at any moment for no reason.
The work environment helped to facilitate medical care to the undeserved.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2017
At the time of my stay at the Floating Hospital, we visited the shelter to see clients at least 8 to 12 per day or we'll stay at the main site in Manhattan where client about 12 to 22 per day were transported to us.
Pros
transportation to and from the shelters
Cons
health insurance
they lack compassion and humility
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYOctober 10, 2017
my experience was not what i expected, needs better management
they let their senior employee bully the new employees.they dont treat all employees equal.
They need to change the medical assistant supervisor. She's not educated enough for that position.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYSeptember 5, 2017
They need to hire people that's educated enough for the positions.. u can't have 15 medical assistants and only two of them doing the jobs... I've worked there for 7 years and had only one rise.
Worked for Medical Review Team
Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2017
Assisted institutations throughout the Metropolitan area in obtaining medical assistance. Worked directly the the Chief of Operations of the Medical Review Team as the sole secretary for the team. The team worked closely with each other in a congenial manner and professional manner. Filed and answered the telephones.
Pros
Friendly team
Cons
The team was closed due to financial reasons.
The Floating Hospital
HEALTH EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJune 11, 2017
Great mission. Very caring organization. Each day working here you can really feel good about yourself. At this organization, you work hands on with the homeless population. Very satisfying.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Floating Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.