The Florida Bar Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent place to work
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 24, 2018
It depends on the department but it is generally a good place to work. People are respectful and professional although there are some support personnel who have their clicks.

Most of my time spent there was pleasant and an overall excellent experience.
Pros
Benefits, nice offices and work environment.
Cons
if you aren't an attorney there are few advancement opportunities
Challenging work environment
Member Services & Records Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 12, 2017
Supervising the records of attorneys to ensure they maintain their license to practice law in Florida. This entails data entry/maintenance, collection of revenue and customer service/call center, drafting affidavits, providing certificates of standing, and answering public records requests. Learned the various rules/regulating The Florida Bar as approved by The Florida Supreme Court. Hardest part is trying to adequately provide the best customer service to members during the high volume time of when membership fees are due. Most enjoyable part is there is a lot of variety and not a dull job. This is always a new challenge to encounter,
Pros
Benefits available
Cons
Lack of appreciation
The Florida Bar
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 29, 2017
Great place to work! You have an opportunity to learn from the various departments. It is nice to have the weekend off and you get paid annual leave based on the number of hours you worked.
Awesome place to work
EDUCATION COMPLIANCE & ACCREDITATION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 24, 2017
I enjoy working at The Florida Bar for so many reasons. They have great employees, benefits and spirit. The schedule is great. Potential to move up is awesome.
learning experience
LAWYER REFERRAL CLERK (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 12, 2015
its a quite workplace but can be a bit entertaining job. callers can either make you laugh or make you sad but its my job to help them the best way i can and remain calm throughout the whole situation very beneficial to my future career. i learn more and more about the justice system and the different areas of laws.
Starting Point
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 1, 2015
I started my career at The Florida Bar and felt it had a great influence on some of the great things I possess now. I enjoyed meeting and talking to people from all over the country and helping attorneys get registered for their courses.
Great enviorment and people
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami flOctober 10, 2014
• Accounts payable, review invoices and check requests, prepare analysis reports.
• Manage purchase orders, enter and update purchases in the system, and maintain the inventory.
• Follow up on past due invoices, correspond with vendors, and respond to inquiries.
• Assist in month end closing.
Fun Work Place
Clerk/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 9, 2014
On a daily basis I would come into work and fill all the copy machines with paper and the condiments in the meeting areas. I would then make whatever copies needed to made and file away client files where they belonged. I would answer phones whenever the receptionist needed to step away. I learned many things about how attorneys must follow certain laws and what is done when they violate their rights as attorneys. The management was like family. We all got along so well and wish I would have never left. I got along very well with my co-workers to the point that we sometimes hung out when we weren’t on the job. The hardest part of the job was making sure that all copies were made in a timely fashion as they requests came in in order to keep the secretaries’ on with their work flow. The most enjoyable part was that I didn’t mind being at work because it was like my family away from home. The only reason why I resigned my position was because I was offered a similar position with better pay
Very Productive
Lawyer Referral Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 1, 2014
Working here left for rarely any down time. I was very productive and interviewed clients and matched them with an attorney that would best suit their case.
lawyer referral
Lawyer Referral Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 15, 2013
referring callers to local attorneys in their areas depending on the situation.

Want to know more about The Florida Bar?

Ask a question
The Florida Bar is a great place to work alongside people who have the same goals and objectives in mind. Team work is great and our benefits are outs
Fee Arbitration & Mediation- Admin Support (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FloridaAugust 1, 2013
My typical day at work is generally corresponding with attorneys and client who have a dispute over fees charged. My goal is to make sure all parties are satisfied with the program and everyone is accommodated to the best of our ability. Although, not everyone is always happy and I try to ease their mind in insuring them that there are other options open to them if they wish to pursue the fee dispute further. If we cannot handle their needs I direct clients to their next options in pursuing their dispute.

It is extremely satisfying at the end of the day that I am able to help people recover losses and ease their monetary worries.
Pros
Casual dress on Fridays
was the best job i ever had
Administrative Clerk/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 30, 2013
was the best employer i ever had. regret leaving them but had to due to needing a better source in-come
Pros
best employer
Cons
low pay
Lawyer Referral Clerk
Lawyer Referral Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 10, 2012
• Provided lawyer referrals for the entire state of Florida
• Assessed legal needs of clients and made recommendations for referrals upon findings.
• Data entry, filing, answering phones.
- Promoted to lead clerk among staff