The Forum Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Agency
Administrative Consultant - Columbia University (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2018
Depends on who you get as a Staffing Manager, but those who are for you will hustle to get you assignments. If they don't know you too well or you live too far away from opportunities, it can be hard to get work.
Needs change
n/a (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2018
Dont work here or waste your time. The commission plan its not explained and you wont ever make any money. Health insurance almost 500 dollars for the cheapest plan.
Pros
great manager
Cons
everything else
Think twice
Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2018
I was assigned fairly quickly but the assignment itself was terrible. Work culture was based on popularity. The training was horrible made you feel under qualified. Ask permission for everything as if you were placed in elementary school. If you stand up for yourself you get a pink slip. The agency does not have your back.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Work culture, little advancement, poor assignments
Great Placement Agency
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2017
My former agent recommended I try her new agency and they placed me at a position that was challenging, but paid well. I especially appreciated The Forum Group for paying overtime via days vs. weeks. They are the only agency I've worked with that does this, which is helpful during times of holidays.
Pros
OT paid via days vs. week
Cons
work/life balance
I would consider another assignment with higher pay rate
Orthopedic Out Patient Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2017
The staff are great a little tough to get in contact with but manageable via email. Assignments are at times not what you were trained to accomplish. Poor training at certain work locations usually very short and does not emphasize on step by step job duties. Clients are at times concentrating on quantity of work not quality.
Pros
Prolong waiting for assignments
Cons
paid weekly
Great Company
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2017
I love working for the FORUM group. I have nothing bad to say about them. I only wish to land a temp assignment that turns into a full time. I suggest placing certain employees in position to get long term assignment that lead to permanent work.
Good firm to improve your skills
Current Employer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
Fast and they have great opportunities! Here I acquired skills in digital media. I learned about add designing and many other graphic design makers. Here, you get many opportunities to learn and try your skills,
Pros
No stress, relaxed environment
Slow paced
Staffing Coordinator/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2017
People were great, although it was too slow paced for me. the day did not go by quickly. Great support from management, friendly environment. Simply not the for me.
Worse Job Placement Agency
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 12, 2017
I was place to work at an agency in lower Manhattan and started on April 5, 2017. Two weeks ago exactly, company inform us about laying off employees. This has been the worse experience ever. I left a secure job thinking I was making a better move. From the initial start, I ask Forum representative if job placement was permanent and was given a yes response. Don't trust this recruitment agency people. They give false advertisement.
Relaxed work place, but short leash
Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2017
The Forum Group is a great place to work at for someone who desires a relaxed approach when it comes to management styles. If you do well with a hands off manager within the recruitment space you can succeed here.

They will however be quick to let people go without much warning based on their requirements for numbers.
Pros
Hands off managers, good work life balance.
Cons
Job security
Great place to start looking for work!
Administrative Support/New Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2016
Fast and they have great opportunities! Here I acquired skills in compliance. I learned about Bloomberg and the invest banking business. I also met some wonderful people in that placement.
Abusive owner, constant infighting among employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York cityJune 14, 2016
No one should be spoken to abusively in the workplace but this is a commonplace occurrence here. No matter what you accomplish there is no recognition and compensation is never increased. Lunch hours - there are none and ageism is an issue. Turnover tremendous.
Pros
Cons
Dirty office, non supportive environment, minimal benefits
I am pleased that I cho se to be employed by the Forum Group. They provided me with a professional and safe environment to work at and utilize my tale
Temp (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2015
It was a pleasure to have been employed with this temp agency. their level of professionalism was top notch. My recruiter worked very hard to find me employment and look for other agencies when my assignment was ended.
Pros
Great Agency
Cons
Coworkers were chatting and having fun.
Mutual Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2014
Just a Short term Job. The Furum Group. Working for belmont had no advancement.
Pros
paid bye shift
Cons
short Brakes.
Great
School Nurse/ Womens Options RN (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Amazing place for a variety of employment opportunities. They treat their nurse with dignity and respect.
Temp Agency
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2014
Temp agency that had a variety of job opportunities. Very influential in helping me find my first job.
interesting
Office Manager/Executive Assistant to President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2014
No two days were the same.

Interesting group of people,

too much of a turnover
Great agency
CASH MANAGEMENT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 4, 2013
Forum placed me in a great contract opportunity. This is a wonderful team to have in your corner.
No consistancy
Office Manager/Executive Assistant to President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2013
there were too many personalities; never the same day,
Management changed their scope of the position.
Internship
HUMAN RESOURCE INTERN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2012
All of the workers was respectful ad helpful. They taught a lot
Pros
you learned every field in human resources
Cons
the internship didnt last to long

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Forum Group. Our community is ready to answer.