The Frazer Center

Working at The Frazer Center: 36 Reviews

United States36 reviews

teachercenterchildstaffplacetimegreatjob

Inclusion Child Development Center

During my tenure, I had the opportunity to advance to other leadership opportunities and participate in a forest curriculum project for early learners. More than ever, COVID has impacted the workload of colleagues tremendously but I tried very hard to support the school operations and uplift the teacher climate due to the hardships. My most enlightening experiences were traveling out-of-state for an amazing social and emotional training. Most of all, I could have never survive this environment without my amazing colleagues and teachers. After working there for almost five years, I didn't get the opportunity for an exit interview to give feedback about my career experience.

Pros

Great Benefits, PTO and Career Opportunities

Cons

Racial microaggressions from parents and lots of traffic.

Frazer Has a Purpose that Runs Decades Long

I loved working at Frazer. Regardless of what you read about Frazer, if you work at Frazer spread the joy and love it so well deserves for teachers, staff, admin, children, and families. I poured my heart into Frazer and believe in their purpose. Be the change you want to see in the world from Frazer. I give it all 5 stars because YOU are a 5 Star!

Pros

Children and Families; Executive Director and Administration

Cons

Hated the Covid Season; But Everybody Did!

The Frazer Center insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Workplace culture needs improvement

Overall the kids, teachers, and parents are what make Frazer Center what it is. From the outside looking in you wouldn’t be able to tell how hostile and toxic the workplace is, especially if you work in management.There is a alot of backstabbing, gossiping, and belittling done to the teachers. This is somewhere I wouldn’t recommend people work. Day in and out, I dreaded going to work. Management is not properly trained at all and it shows.

Pros

The kids, parents, and a beautiful campus

Cons

Administration

A job with a meaningful purpose

All I can say is that I found a job where I know I am making a difference each day. I was welcomed with open arms and I know that I am not leaving any time soon. Management is amazing and are very helpful.If you want a job that feels like home, this is the place for you!

Administration doesn't care about the teachers.

Poor management and unprofessional work environment. The parents are really nice and understanding . It was great seeing the special needs children and typical children Interacting together in the classroom environment.

Pros

They feed the teachers breakfast and lunch sometimes

Cons

Administration gossip alot.

Awesome Place

The Frazer Center is a wonderful place to work for especially if you have never worked with children before. Also, if you ever decide to become a teacher, you already have your experience with which age group of children you desire to work with. The staff and the children are what made my job so unique and worth coming to work every day. Due to my 17 years at The Frazer Center, I can say management is on point now. You will have either two or one particular admin who will do whatever they can to make your job less stressful. For example, I had to step away from my previous job to do another teacher job (which I had no idea how to do it), but this particular admin saw how this position was overwhelming me and she took time to talk me through it, and even offered to come in the classroom just so I could take a breather if I needed one. Throughout my years at Frazer Center, I have learned how to do lesson plans, newsletters, documentation on the children. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to work with some amazing teachers and getting to know the children. The hardest part was not getting noticed or promoted even though I would step in for other leads and teachers who decided not to come into work that day.

Pros

Staff Members & Children

Cons

no growth. no promotion

Wonderful Mission/ Ups and downs with management

After 3 years at Frazer I was let go in July, because of differences with the Director. However it is a good place to work and she is a good Director.

Pros

Nice teammates, open door policy to Center Director

Cons

Personal issues brought to work

Management was horrible

Too much work and underpaid for the daily responsibilities you have. The co workers were the best part of working at this place. It may be a nice center for the individuals but definitely not the staff.

It’s a each to own Experience

Overall a great place to work just a bit to Ridge it .But everyone Experience and outlook would be different.I worked a year and I take a lot of knowledge with me. I grained a lot.

Favoritism

Inclusive classroom with untrained teachers, teaching in a bubble not enough room for creativity. If you are not one to sit around and gossip and make friends with everybody this not the place for you. Favortism is at an all-time high here. Management caters to the veterans of the center. Assistant teachers should make just as much as the leads because they are doing all the work.

Frazer Center

Just run, do not waste your time, energy or talent. If you want your career to go no where, terrible pay, terrible management, then you have found the right place. They will work you until there is nothing left in you and pay you pennies. If you all your students leave at 5:45, and you clock out, they will take an hour from your PTO, to cover the 15 min difference. This place exploits their employees.

Productive Workplace

* Implementing the lesson plan to complete observation notes * Interacted with the children during center time, small, group time, large group time, and outside time * Communicate with the parents about their child's day * Managing the different personalities * Seeing the children grow and develop

Was once a great place to work

When I first began employment at Frazer Center it was a great and welcoming environment. The administration and staff were all about the well- being and education of the children. Providing the best quality of care through the staff hired. Administration was very supportive and caring towards teachers, parents and students. About three years ago administration was changed and the once welcoming, caring and quality environment that was Frazer Center drastically diminished. Administration was no longer about quality care but rather filling teacher positions with fillers. Head administration no longer supported staff in day to day operations within the classroom or throughout the school. Ideas and suggestions were not considered and dismissed without any consideration.

Children Overload

Has a great location. Mostly friendly parents and a hugeeee staff. Which is a negative and a positive. You get paid time off and paid biweekly. But the kids and the administration is a lot to handle. Administration is overbearing and kids are overwhelming. Admin never really gives you the tools you Need to handle kids with disabilities. Definitely need more teacher training and maybe the admin would trust staff more to do their job better.

Great team to work with

The Frazer Center is full of employees that genuinely care about the people we serve. If you are a person that loves to work with children or adults with developmental disabilities, then this is the place for you.

Pros

Great Benefits & vacation time

Cons

short breaks

supportive administration and parents, great benefits

I have read other reviews and I'm not sure what the problem is. Our director and assistant director are nice, asks us what we need and care about how we are doing. That is not the case in every job I've worked at, so I don't know what the problem is. We have lots of paid time off and training. I love Frazer and hope to be here for a long time. Quit complaining!

Pros

time off, people who care

Cons

none!

challenging and rewarding

This field is hard, but rewarding. Although it is stressful to educate young children and care for their needs, I enjoy seeing the wonderful results. the pay is not great, but I feel rewarded by the compliments I get from parents and administration. I know I am doing a good job and I'm appreciated for it.

Pros

love the kids and the results

Cons

can be stressful, low pay

I enjoyed my time at the Frazer Center especially working with children and staff

This was a great company. I would have stayed however I was unable to afford childcare there. I was pregnant with my son. Also the commute to work was over a hour long.

Pros

Job stability

Cons

Commute

Terrible

It is absolutely one of the worst places to work. The director rules the school with an iron fist but spends zero time listening to her teachers. Staff is unhappy, as well as the families. Tuition goes up every year and yet teachers get paid pennies. If you want to be severely over worked, under appreciated and under paid then this is the place for you. Currently they have more temps then permanent teachers, no one stays. There is no room for growth, if any position becomes available the director will immediately go outside of her current staff to hire, instead of voicing the open position to her current staff. It really is a lousy place to work at.

Pros

Quitting

Cons

Being there

a good place to work

The kids are the best part of my job. Seeing them everyday makes me smile. The parents are supportive and the directors do what they can to make my job better. I wish the pay was more, but I guess that's just the job.

Pros

kids, co-workers, benefits

Cons

hard work

More than child care

I've worked in childcare for more than 10 years. I'm so happy that I have found the Frazer Center. This place is so much more professional than other daycare centers. I feel like we are part of a great mission and we are really making a difference!

Pros

treated well, nice rooms, lots of resources

Cons

pay in childcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Frazer Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits