The Freeman Company Employee Reviews

Re set
Tool and Fleet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 9, 2018
Hardest part of job was all the traveling. I was paid for traveling in the company vans. Paid flying to work site if needed. Meeting new people. Great management. Work was stressful and fast paced, tho.
Productive, and fun working environment.
Helper (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 2, 2018
The job is good however not all the times we had with this company, I would recommend it to a friend who is looking for a second job on free time, however the job is on call so it's not reliable, unless you reach a certain amount of hours which is hard when you hardly get called anyway.
Pros
Breaks every 2 hours, cafeteria was close so we could go on break.
Cons
Everybody is to themselves and will not help.
No life outside of work.
Graphics Layout (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2018
There was no balance between working and having any kind of life outside of being an instrument for the company. I lost friends, no time do date or be social to meet anyone to have a relationship with.

In the beginning the worst part was that there was no training to fit into the job position. It was a sink or swim situation, in a department with a manager who was a verbally abusive narcissist. That was the hardest part of the job, dealing with her which made the work itself complicated, which was not necessarily complicated to begin with.

Communication between departments was terrible, and the Account people were horrible with inputting instructions, data, and reference material in the jobs.
Pros
Decent pay rate, and benefits.
Cons
No opportunity for advancement, poor communication.
Peaks And Valleys
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 23, 2018
When it is busy, its extremely busy. You can work pretty much as many hours as you like. During the busy season, you are required to work until the job is complete.
Great culture
Client Solution Manager -Exhibitor Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2018
Gave this great company 13 years, learned alot and met some great customers along the way. Management in my department was subpar but I still enjoyed the overall vision of the company
Hard working and very stressful.
Decorator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 20, 2018
I do not want to work at Freeman anymore due to me attending school. I also did not have good transportation so I was able to work with my father. I have a new job now but i want another job
Great Work Experience
Information Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2018
Work at Freeman was different from other companies. They really are great at marketing and advertising. When it comes to the employees they are hard workers. Helping With IT was tons of fun and learned new things everyday. Being a IT Support you always have to be aware of what people need and what types of problems they have.
Pros
Friendly, Easy going, Fun
Cons
cant think of any
fun place
Laborer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2018
good environment great place to work and management is nice customer service is a must in this field.The trade show industry is a great place to work.
Pros
good money
Cons
no cons
Overall good place to work
Machinist operator/programmer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHJuly 12, 2018
Good people, Good Company. I worked there for 20+ years and left only because of personal reasons. Fine state of the art building and machines. Training could be better.
Pros
401K match
Cons
mandtory overtime
hard work
Installation and dismantle Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 12, 2018
great pay hard work to bad its seasonal. install temporary buildings for outdoor retail. then take down when yur done. pays you for overtime killer. come on down
Pros
pay and overtime
Cons
hard work seasonal

Want to know more about The Freeman Company?

Ask a question
Overall not bad
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2018
Pros - family environment, friendly people.

Cons - limited upward advancement due to long tenure of existing employees. Lots of turnover in Finance department the last 2 years.
No place to work
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2018
The company was bought out due to poor management. The manager will deal with personal life first and leave with no direction to guide the operation. Co-workers was what relived the stress of day to day operations. The culture was to help one another,
Pros
Concerts and conventions were free.
Cons
Too many to count
Overworked & Undervalued
Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 18, 2018
Freeman has historically been a 'stable' private company. For many years, Freeman was a stable, respected company in the industry. It was difficult to get hired, and subsequently, difficult to get fired.
However, there has been continual layoffs and restructuring since 2010. Employees are consistently overworked, and underpaid, based on similar roles/titles in the workforce. The management and subsequent industry doesn't respect PTO/Vacation time earned by the employee. Upper Management are disconnected from employees doing the work.
If you work in a branch, or for corporate, they do have corporate events, some lunches, and there is a much higher degree of corporate synergy.
Professional, productive, and fun
A3 Solutions Temp. Agent (Former Employee) –  114 th. St. Grand Prairie, TexasJune 5, 2018
A typical day at Freeman was very quiet but professional. Business people come in from time to time. I learned how to approach difficult situations. Management were very polite and helpful. The work culture was fine. The hardest thing about my job was telling the delivering people to take the delivery to the back building after they had unloaded the boxes in the front. They were upset. What I enjoyed most was meeting new people and the atmosphere.
Pros
I got to sit down all day
Cons
not a full time job with benefits
Bunch of lies
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2018
I would never go back they tell you one thing but it’s always something else they use play on words I wouldn’t tell anyone to go work there unless you have time to waste
Pros
Cons
Waste of time and money
Be careful what you ask for
Designer (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 27, 2018
Freeman only prepares to work with in their system. Propritary tools and procedures will not serve you well if you leave the company. Management is an old boy's network that will not recognize loyalty. Don't get on their bad side.
Its all rite sort of clickish tho.
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  EverywhereMay 25, 2018
We work 4 tradeshow so every week we work 4 someone different. Other than that i love working 4 them and other companies. The other down side is that we work 7 days / 24 hrs. Meaning ur can run anytime and as i get 2 be older i would like 2 have a set schedule.
Pros
Gd pay.
Cons
Not everyday.
The Freeman corperation
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Ft mohave ArizonaMay 19, 2018
It's a fast paste job but you learn quickly you gotta be on point no horse playing be you work assembly line order may come in without notice repairs may need your attention packing and stacking by hand and or fork life safety is there biggest concern being at work on time there out of Texas, Colorado no missing days. daily and weekly meetings it is a multi-billion dollar business and still and growing excellent off days weekly pay. good corporation.
Pros
Avaiable promations
Cons
everyone is tying to get those positions.
Freemen
Electronic Delivery Driver/ Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 18, 2018
I was a electronic delivery driver, for party's and conventions, and concerts, and seminars. Direct person to person with customers, making sure they had everything they need for what they were trying to do.
Pros
A lot of fun
Cons
Only busy in the summer
The warehouse was not pleasant work experience
QUALITY CONTROL COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 15, 2018
worked mostly in the warehouse. worked as a quality control coordinator. The warehouse was not managed well. there was very little info on what jobs or orders to complete during the day. There was no training and everyone had up to 4 different jobs due to high turnover.
Had to quit my position to go freelance av tech.
Pros
got to work with av equipment
Cons
long hours without being told

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Freeman Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.4

1.0Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight