The Freeman Company logo
Happiness rating is 78 out of 100Above average

The Freeman Company Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Great company

The pandemic put a wrench in the entire industry. This is one of the best companies in the industry to work for. Great benefits and work culture, I grew a lot in my role.

Pros

Excellent company culture

Cons

Job insecurity due to nature of industry (covid affected it greatly). Compensation could be better.

Training is taking seriously and they seem to care for your success

Working there was intense but fun. People were super friendly and accommodating and we all worked as a team. My management was super. Management worked hard to make sure your succeeded and had all your tools to do so. The hardest part of our job was meeting deadlines due last minute changes but we did it 99.9 % of time. The most enjoyable part was the comradery and the team work.

Pros

hours

Cons

the medical insurances offered left a lot to be desired...even though we had more than 1 choice.

family working environment

Pre-con meetings, booking trucks for transporation.confirming arrival of gear, expediting shipments for gear left behind. close contact with show site to make sure they have everything they need.

The job comes with good bad and the ugly but we always make it out on top

The company in all it is a good company to work for family owned they care about their employees very liberal with family emergencies and appointments I would give my right arm to go back to work for treatment

Pros

Great place to work free lunches employee appreciation days

Incredible career opportunity

I was promoted from exhibitor services to rigging coordinator, and loved the absolute DRIVE this company has. You’re always learning something new, and there’s always something happening. I LOVED working in rigging, I was heartbroken that Covid decimated the convention industry, the amount of support and career advancement opportunities you get within Freeman is amazing. It feels like being a part of such an amazing professional movement, and I genuinely hope to be a part of it someday again.

Pros

Career support and advancement, 401K, fair compensation, great managers

Cons

Hours can get wild sometimes, especially in busy season

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Great company...definitely keeps you busy.

Freeman is a great company to work for. They have excellent health, 401k, life insurance, long term and short term benefits. They do many activities to engage their employees and show appreciation for the work that we do. Working in the tradeshow industry isn’t for the faint of heart. Long hours do happen, It requires a great deal of time and dedication to put each event in, but the management I’ve worked with has always tried to find ways to give a break when needed.

Pros

Benefits, Culture

Cons

Long hours during busy season.

Great Company to Work

Great Company to work for! The company does have a lot of internal changes to keep updated with what is trending which may affect your role within the company.Overall great private company- who cares for their workers.

Best company I've ever worked for

I LOVED my job at Freeman. The culture is excellent, the compensation is extremely fair, and the environment was generally low-stress. I would have loved to work there for the rest of my life if they hadn't had to downsize due to COVID-19.

Relaxed corporate environment that is more concerned with results than sitting a desk 9-5

Good benefits, and insurance. Decent PTO.While they do prefer people to be in the office, most positions have the ability to work from home if needed. They also allow for flexible schedules as many positions require person to work varied hours to fit clients needs

Pros

Good benefits and most managers are easy to work with

Challenging & Demanding

If you enjoy your work and don't mind it becoming your life, then you should apply. The pandemic has taken a big hit to the industry and is slowly coming back. However, the 'event space' industry will not look the same once it returns and the management is trying to prepare itself (however, still more reactionary, than proactive.).

Pros

Remote Work, Interesting / Complex projects

Cons

A lot of turnover. Lack of training/development. 'Nepotism and Fraternity' feel.

Jobs at The Freeman Company

See more jobs

A crash course in everything

I would never trade my years working with Freeman. I learned so much! I came out of my shell and gained so much confidence from going through a lot of crazy and difficult situations. Not all situations caused by Freeman in any way - just the nature of the trade "show business"... Great training ground for everything: Customer Service, Sales, Production of Graphics, Material Handing / Shipping, Project Management and more. It's like building tiny cities - moving them in and setting them up and tearing them down and moving them out - multiple times a month! All over the US and in different venues! Fun, stress, love and sweat make you a family.

Pros

Variety, Empowerment, Experience

Cons

Long hours, Weekends, can be a lot of travel

Took care of some people during covid. Covered health insurance for the entire year.

Great company in the past. covid changed the game altogether. Went from family to very corporate, but able to keep some of the work force. And changed to unlimited PTO days.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Sometimes 80+ hr weeks before covid. Now less people to do more work.

Family owned so they truly care about their employees

Freeman is a great place to work. The Large Live Event (convention and trade show) industry was hit hard by the Pandemic so it is not the size it used to be, but they are calling employees back as the need arises.

Pros

People, culture, benefits

Solid place to work

Treated well. There is a division between Corporate and Union, but that is to be expected. Freeman was always striving to keep in front of the technology curve and I appreciated that.Was able to work with little supervision, felt trusted.

Pros

Well paid

Cons

Rigid timeclock adherence

Good company in some areas

Some of the management teams are great and if you’re under the right person you’ll be very happy for a corporate type job. There’s a few absolute nightmare humans that no one knows how they got their position or power and you’ll run into them but they’re not the norm. Most people are great. They do care about you as a person as much as they can, but during a pandemic choices have to be made and folks were let go. It was bad. I think the company will recover and plenty of great people kept their jobs, but a lot of good people lost theirs.

Pros

Given a clear objective and help to find solutions

Cons

Messy communication between departments, poor workflow and file standards

Good hard working professional individuals

Great working experience, good management team. Traveling a bonus, meeting great people. Later on much training became available. The work load can be overwhelming when departments cut overhead. Long hours at show site. Not too much room to grow unless you went into sales.

Pros

Travel meetings

Cons

Non job security

Results oriented company

Fun company to work for but horrible work life balance! Will burn you out easily if you let them. Customer service is key. Growth is not easy if you’re not apart of the in crowd.

Pros

Something new for events every week

Cons

Will work you to death with the overtime. The show must go on!!

exciting job, never the same

the company has vision and a direction where they want to get to. supportive of the employees and management was great in the socal region. if you like a job where you things are different, this is a place for you..

Pros

xx

Cons

xx

Challenging yet fun

The company really wants it's employees to be happy. It's a fast based, high-pressure industry, but management is very grateful for it's team members and does try its best to make them happy and keep them advancing in their career.

Pros

Some work from home opportunities for office staff.

Cons

Gets very busy, and is a little disorganized.

Great Job but extremely poor work/life balance

I loved my job - but the work life balance is terrible. You can go weeks without a day off and youre salary so you dont get reimbursed for that. You have good benefits and salaried employees get yearly bonuses.

Amazing company to work for

Amazing company to work for. Management is very understanding and willing to help. The opportunity for advancement is there if you put in the work and simply ask and show motivation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Freeman Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.2
InHerSight Score
1.7Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
1.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight