The Fresh Market Employee Reviews

Found 1,476 reviews matching the search See all 1,499 reviews
overall unsatisfied
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHJuly 22, 2018
not much for support from corporate levels. no advertising. they closed down because no one really knew we were there and went to other competitors because of it.
Pros
fellow employees were great and hard working
Cons
no corporate level support or advertising. they closed because of it
Terrible place to work
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Franklinville, NYJuly 22, 2018
You get a decent amount of hours but if you need any type of flexibility for scheduling, it wont happen because the managers days off are more important.
Everybody has different ways of doing things so the way you got taught will be questioned millions of times.
Nobody actually communicates so if something changes or something happens, you wont find out about it for weeks or until they notice that you are doing it wrong.
Nobody has any real idea of ServSafe so nothing is really done correctly by health standards.
Pros
At least 20 hours
Cons
Short breaks
I truly enjoyed my time at the Fresh Market - to date it has been my most rewarding work experience - I would suggest to anyone
Food Production Associate and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJuly 21, 2018
I truly enjoyed my experience -- I learned a great deal and polished my skills - it was rewarding and beneficial in so many ways - learned a lot about produce and how to protect it
Pros
clean, safe environment -wonderful departmental management
Cons
rude customers -
Good Environment
Deli Specialist - Deli Department (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 20, 2018
The workers are very friendly and everyone likes working as a team. I have been working on this company for 16 years and I highly recommended. Great Company.
Short but Sweet
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJuly 19, 2018
I didn't work at the Fresh Market long but I enjoyed it while it lasted. Departmental management was above average but store management left something to be desired. Promised/sufficient hours were rarely distributed among all departmental employees. Overall, I'd say it was a positive experience that prepared me for my next position.
Pros
Discount, Cool People, Flexible Schedules
Cons
Lack of Hours, No Room to Advance
Don't recommend
Coffee and Candy Manager (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LAJuly 18, 2018
The store manager does not care for you. They insist you work over 50 hours a week, but your overtime pay never shows up on your check. They will not fix it and give you the money you earned, and they do pay you adequately for your position.
Pros
Coworkers were friendly
Cons
Paid unfairly, work overtime always, store management is awful
Nice Environment
Deli Clerk/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 18, 2018
The Fresh Market can be a lot better if everyone was on the same page and knew what the word TEAM actually means. Treat people how you want to be treated and so some love and care. Make the customers feel welcome. Stop telling certain employees information that involves the entire store. You store gets divide when situations like this occur.
Pros
Nice environment, get the hours plus some
Cons
Everyone not on the same page as a team, doesn't really care about how you approach the customers, management isn't management like it suppose to be, etc.
Productive, with generally friendly management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJuly 18, 2018
I enjoy working at The Fresh Market. I am a cashier, so I ring up orders, take returns, fill and stock bulk, clean the store, and put up carts. The customers are usually very nice, as are my coworkers. I only wish the pay was better, as well as the number or hours per week. I only average 15 hours per week.
Pros
Free samples and coffee, 20% discount
Cons
Not enough hours
All about making money for the company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJuly 17, 2018
No matter what you did or how many hours you worked, it was never enough. Outright discrimination against the disabled. Would not hire anyone with a disability because they couldn't work at the extensive level required.
The Most enjoyable part of the job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kildeer, ILJuly 16, 2018
Enjoying seeing repeats guests and making sure my customers are getting what they came in for. Always enjoy working in our communities. Helping make good choices.
Pros
Working with the customers
Cons
Conflicts of interest
The Food is awesome
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 16, 2018
The customers really make this job enjoyable, as well as the employees. I enjoyed every person I encountered and the day to day operations that set The Fresh Market apart
Ehhhhh
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJuly 14, 2018
LOVE LOVE LOVE the people I work with, unfortunately the management sucks!!! Poor communication between managers, and employees. No one is ever on same page. Love the job and people... hate the management.
Great place to work at the food is great
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 13, 2018
The food is great nice customers each and every day I’m learning new things good management fair environment to work at also a little pricey but worth the visit
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Nothing as of now
To be Honest
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INJuly 12, 2018
Upper management is horrible. Communication between senior departmental merchandisers and lower management was nonexistent. Set the whole place up to fail. They are all over the place with their business model and are frantically searching for a solution.
Pros
Becoming a family with coworkers based on the hatred for the company
Cons
upper management and pretty much everything else
Loved working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 12, 2018
The store plays classical music daily. They have a great system for customer service. The most busy times are holidays besides that you are dealing with regular local customers.
Pros
Somewhat flexible hours
Cons
When business is slow hours are also
OK place to work
Grocery Mgr/Seafood Mgr/Bulk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 11, 2018
Let Fresh Market at the time for Fresh Thyme because it was for more money and also at the time I thought better opportunities for the future, and just seemed like a better place to work.
Fast paced
Meat clerk (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 11, 2018
Fast paced job to work at, so be ready to work. Be alert and kind to customers. Tuesday’s are the busiest days. The store manager is very fair and comprehensive.
It is very structured.
Assistant Grocery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 11, 2018
The Fresh Market is a very structured place to work at. Hard work is noticed by management. You also have multiple departments to work at if you are looking to gain hours.
Good place to work.
Certified meat cutter (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INJuly 10, 2018
Had a flexible schedule. Like the people I work with. Enjoyed the interaction with the customers. High expectation of quality of product. No problems taking time off
Poor
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 10, 2018
Very poor job, bad, unhelpful managers, poor schedulemaking, favoritism, do not work here. bad hours that you are not in charge of, unwilling to give raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Fresh Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight