The Fresh Market Employee Reviews

Found 1,576 reviews matching the search See all 1,600 reviews
Decent place
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 14, 2018
It was a decent place to work for in the beginning as I left my previous job of five years because they wanted me “full time because of my experience” but never saw it. Complaints I wasn’t fast enough but what gave me speed they didn’t have (no conveyor belt, no carousel for bagging, a wheel of PLUs to try to find the right thing)... They said they were cutting hours but were majorly under staffed. “Assistant manager” of the front end would take a break but only a “store manager” would rarely cover their break by staying in the front end... No just no. I liked the people and customers but the work environment sucked! Sorry not sorry.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Little breaks, cutting hours, grossly under staffed
Nta
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSOctober 14, 2018
It's a great job. I didn't have a problem there it all. The supervisors were great and the customers. If I had a choice I would go back there and work if I'm allowed to but I left on good terms. I have family issues someone got hurt real bad plus my car went out on me there at the company.
Good place to work but very poor management and employees
Deli Clerk and baker (Former Employee) –  Riverside Jacksonville FloridaOctober 11, 2018
I worked here for two , almost three years and work my butt off for these people. I never heard “your doing a great job keep it up !” Once. The head manager and all the other managers never to anything except play on their phones in the back room. The employees bully you here , even the managers. I never felt comfortable going to talk to my managers about a problem at work. I was bullied working in the deli and bakery. They didn’t like me working in the bakery as a baker so without asking me they moved me to the deli. They never were like “do you wanna work in the deli?” They just moved me to the deli. The work is easy but the people and managers suck at their jobs.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks, bullies
Poor management
Assistant Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 11, 2018
Management was the worst part of this job. Favoritism, forcing you to do jobs above your pay grade, and not allowing you to explain why you feel treated unfairly without the threat of termination.
Pros
Cons
everything
just not a good workplace
Grocery (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 11, 2018
The company is not somewhere I would tell people to go to have a job or a career. Working there , you do way to much in a very small amount of time. and pressure you and not worth the little amount of pay.
Pros
non
Cons
little pay
Nice clean store but bad managment
Department Head (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 9, 2018
The Fresh Market was a good store as far as the cleanliness of the store and the products the store has to offer. However the management is awful. They don't have respect for their employees, they favorite certain employees over others, the store manager lets his assistant managers do what they want, they move employees around to different departments everyday etc.. The hardest part of the job is trying to manage a department while the management goes behind your back and does things without your input, as well as having management that doesn't hold people accountable for their actions. I will say that the employees for the most part are very willing to help each other out and our very kind to each other.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Great Managment
Scanning Coordinator, Front End Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLOctober 7, 2018
Typical day at work is fine, management is great to work with. The work place is a great environment. The most enjoyable park of my day is making my customers happy.
Poor Work Place
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 4, 2018
Poor leadership, never enough hours to accomplish sales goals, employee turnover is atrocious. Out of touch corporate management, along with ever growing responsibilities and no training to execute them.
nice place to work
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 4, 2018
Culture was great. nice environment to work in. Great clientele. Pay was average compared to other retailers. store catered to upper class. Prices were high
Stressful job
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 3, 2018
Poor management, poor pay, it was a nice company until it was sold new owners don’t care about the workers, hire anybody, don’t take action about your complaints
Pros
Have benefits
Cons
Short breaks, pay not good
Good Company
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 3, 2018
Worked here part time as a cashier in high school. Good company, good people, and decent pay. Best part was all of the coffee samples that I drank all day every shift.
The company is just the worst
Bulk/Coffee/Candy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2018
It was a terrible place to work. Never the right people in the right positions. It was all about who wants who where. The management was rude. Most were only knowledgeable in the depatments in which they had worked.
It’s not great but it’s not bad
Baker (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYSeptember 29, 2018
I’ve worked here a year it’s not bad but it’s not great it needs some work with all there managers but the other employees are friendly and nice great customer service but the management in store and up really needs to take a step back and realize that there’s some black marks that need to be fixed
Pros
Wonderful co workers
Cons
Bad management
Complicated
Meat Cutter/ Secondman (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCSeptember 27, 2018
productive meat department upper management doesn't have enough experience as of yet and dealing with this is complicated the meat department employee helpful and knowledgeable
Pros
small company
Cons
management
the work was ok while working the with the first manager
Student Intern, Job Corps, Morganfield, KY (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 27, 2018
the first manager that i worked was ok for the time being. after a while she started treating other employees with more favor than others, but never did she treat anyone person to poorly. overall it was a fun work place.
Boring. Temporary, entry level job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 27, 2018
If you've never had a job before, then this is the place for you. Extremely slow paced and tedious, monotonous work, but you do learn ESSENTIAL customer service skills if you have never spoken to a customer as an employee in your life. Management is incredible and give you lots of training (as much as you need until you're comfortable). But, once you're used to the register MAAAN does it get boring, tedious, and extremely slow. You scan stuff, and ask people how their day was. That's about it. Not much skill required once you learn how to work a register.
Pros
Discount, good food, great management
Cons
Monotonous work, boring, slow, not much skill required
I looked. Forward. Going. To work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTSeptember 27, 2018
I would. Not. Ask. Any. One. To work. At the. Fresh. Market. I worked. There. And was. Treated. Bad. And. Unfair. The. Manager. Was. Not. Good. Managers. At. All. The. Pay. Was. Good. But. The. People. Was. Not. Customers. Was. Very. Nice. The. Fresh. Markets. Rates. Was. Going. Up. Because. Of. Me. And the. Customer service. That. I had. In me. I like. Working. With. People. My. Son is. Special. Needs. Your. Coutomer. Service. Is. Very. Important.
Pros
No. We. Paid. For. Lunch. With. The. Discount
Cons
Two 15. Min. And. A half.
Most of the managers are Clicky ..
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLSeptember 27, 2018
It was a very horrible place to work I was bombarded by sexual into Windows daily by my coworkers and my managers. I was getting paid less then the people I was training to be a meat cutter and I had 13 years and meat cutter experience and they had the audacity to pay me $12.50 an hour..
Pros
Health insurance and work hours
Cons
I was under paid .
Worst company to work for
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 26, 2018
when I first applied I wondered why the fresh market was number 4 on the list for the worst company to work for, after being there for a short time I know understand why it is actually the number 1 worst company to work for
Awful
Front End Supervisor-really just a cashier (Former Employee) –  Bedminster, NJSeptember 25, 2018
DM is a tool. Store Manager transferred and ASM's assumed role or running store. They did great but were always picked on by DM. Store always short of staff-no kidding. Front End Manager never did her job-always somewhere else in store, and when asked to do her job, got nasty.
NO room for advancement. AWFUL
Cons
Everything-the place is a farce

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Fresh Market. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss