The Fresno Bee Employee Reviews

Being your own boss.
Paper Delivery (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 12, 2018
I would pick up newspapers at set drop and organize them early in the morning. I would deliver them to my assigned route (residential and businesses) in my own vehicle. I learn customer service and follow directions.
Pros
Having the freedom.
Cons
No days off.
Fast paced
Packager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 23, 2018
If you like warehouse work this would have been a good day it's like work and requires for you to be there and on time. You get 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch.
Easy to work sometimes a hassle
Manager of Salesman (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 23, 2018
I would actually take kids around door to door and they would sell newspaper subscriptions to people who didn't already subscribe.I would take all sales money made for the day and turn it in to my manager. Everyday Routine.
Pros
Good job and learned alot about sales
Cons
newspaper is going out of business due to internet
Excellent employer
Sales Rep, Collection Agent, Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 23, 2018
I loved working at the Fresno Bee Newspaper, it was fun (and yes they have a ping pong table) The newspaper industry is just changing because of technology otherwise I would still have been there, along with many other wonderful people they had to let go. It was a great place to work. I miss it so
Pros
Great pay and hours, but the people were the best
Cons
Occasionally getting spoken to meanly by a frustrated customer
Friendly people, management didn't work as a team
Packing Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 13, 2018
The Fresno Bee was a good job but the pay was too low. The workers were friendly but the management weren't on the same page. It was a fast paced job.
Great place to work at.
Press Tech Trainee (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 3, 2018
Great environment with great people. Good team work. Everyone work and help to get things done. I would love to still be working g here but The Fresno Bee have to relocate.
Review
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 12, 2018
The Fresno Bee wouldve been a great place to work at 50 years ago. Its a job you would retire at. But in todays market its just not the same. Housing crash and how we process information killed the paper.
Execute innovative communications programs that bring clients and their audiences together.
Advertising design specialist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 2, 2017
Balanced multiple projects on a daily basis. Make frequent decisions and recommendations and coordination with sales and vendors. Management as last resort mediation; arbitration and labor negotiations.
Pros
Great places to volunteer at.
Cons
All programs were taken away
Packaging
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 29, 2017
little bit of stress on the job, loading advertisements unto the sorting machine, stacking bundle of newspapers on pallet, management did a good job, schedule are varied but the company had to shut down production and relocate to Sacramento Bee
Appreciate This Site
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 26, 2017
I worked for the Fresno Bee, for over 24 years, and was very sad to see it move out of the area for production. I appreciated that there was still a place that existed in which employees were rewarded for their job performance as individuals. Having had the opportunity to know and work with some of the Employees that started at the Bee, in its early years was exiting and rewarding, which allowed me to gain much experience, on various presses. The Fresno Bee as it was is missed.
Pros
Good Cross Training Program
Cons
Modern technilogy has lead less and less job opportunities in this field!

Want to know more about The Fresno Bee?

Ask a question
productive
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 23, 2017
got to met new people was too long ago but i really enjoyed working for Fresno bee. they worked well with us. held meetings to get everything together.
Learned to complete cleaning assingments in a timely manner...
2nd Floor Janitor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 18, 2017
Good dependable work schedule; pleasant work experience; Learned to order janitorial supplies in a weekly manner; helped stacked chairs and tables for assigned monthly meetings in a conference sitting; learned to mop long hallways and vacuum in a speeding and timely manner; kept all second floor restrooms extremely clean and disinfected;
Pros
Good steady job...pleasand work experience
Cons
Part time employment only with no benefits
Productive and a fun work place
Customer Service Representative/Division Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 19, 2017
I really enjoyed working with The Fresno Bee Newspaper company. Everyone became like family and we all worked well as a team to get the job done. They worked with myself as well with other to make sure we succeeded. This was my home the place I thought I would retire from. I hope to work for a company I can grow with and meet new people a company I can be a part of their family as well.
Pros
Flexible when you need the time off
Great Place to Work
NEWSPAPER CARRIER (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 1, 2017
The Fresno Bee is a great place to work. They have excellent employees who are dedicated to the business and to assisting customers. The delivery drivers and newspaper carriers go out of their way to assist the customers and work together to achieve the common goal of customer satisfaction.
Good job to help get you back on your feet
Packager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 29, 2017
Good management. Flexible schedule. Clean environment. Friendly staff. Not enough hours. Fairly easy work. Fits around other job schedules. Great outplacement program.
Pros
Employee recognition, flexible hours.
Cons
Minimum wage, only part-time.
Good Company for many years
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 27, 2017
This was a good company to work for but production of the physical paper is going away. Still a lot of jobs in other areas. I learned how to deal with a lot of issues during my time there. I meet a lot of Great people while working there.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Production has moved, so only office possitions.
an okay job if you just need some extra cash
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 30, 2016
Not bad but can be a pain if your rout has a lot of payments that need to be collected. Quite a few of the collect customers don't pay and that money is taken out of your check regardless.
Very productive environment and independent.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 17, 2016
Everyday was a positive experience for me. I was motivated at all times. I learned how to become independent on any situation given to me. I had a very positive management team at the time. They were very easy going, and collective. My coworkers were awesome, I was definately told that i was a very dependable guy at any situation. I had no difficulties with my position, I handled each obstacle with motivation, and professionaly.
Yes, they acctually had a ping pong table
Packaging and distribution (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 16, 2016
I worked at the Bee for two years. It was easy repetitive work, assembling the newspaper on the insert machines and stacking the bundles for shipping.
Pros
They allowed us to work outside jobs
Cons
part-time
productive, fast paced, challenging,
jogger/dolley and forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 21, 2016
a typical morning shift for a dolley/forklift operator consist of gathering and assembling paper work and individual truck break addresses, going over production run orders with machine operator,
double checking ad notes for correct production address labels and
unit amounts.

in my ten years with this company I have learned just how helpful arithmetic formulas are to break down production runs and correct mistakes early.

I have learned a great deal of organizational experience from
fellow co-workers and supervisers respectively.

the most challenging part of my job is maximizing time and accuracy.

the most enjoyable part of the job for me is the quick pace.
Pros
being able to set up future production runs to save time.
Cons
hours, no room for advancement