The Gab Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
PR Intern
PR/ Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 17, 2017
I assumed this internship was going to be like others- sitting at a desk, getting coffee, etc. I never expected to be actually working client events and having one on one meetings with the CEO. the CEO is a complete PR guru and her methods are unlike any other I have heard. I have gained so much knowledge that my classes never could have taught me. There was some miscommunication regarding directions to projects, but this was manageable. The staff seemed to be happy, but busy. When shadowing employees everyone was proud of their jobs and the work they have completed. I received college credit for my internship.
Pros
breakfast Wednesdays, free coffee, snacks are always stocked
Cons
Unpaid internship
Does not promote a virtuous work environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLJune 2, 2017
More than 35 employees came and went when I was there. This happened in less than a year's time. With a number like this you have to ask yourself about upper management. CEO is definitely not a leader. There is no training. Most actions are reactive rather than proactive which adds to the stressful environment. At one point the entire team quit all at once. When you go in for an interview casually ask why the position is vacant.
Pros
Nice coffee machine
Cons
No work stability
Fun and exciting place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 2, 2017
I am a current employee and I have found the culture to be inviting and has allowed me to grow in my craft. My work is reviewed and I receive proper feedback and never have been put down or ridiculed for it. I feel my voice is heard.

I the past 6 months the management has changed and there are new procedures and all has been wonderful.

When something pops up and I need to take some time off, there are very amenable.

As long as you do your work you can always make your deadlines -

I also love the office layout and my fun co-workers.
Pros
Always food in the office and I have all the tools necessary to get my job done!
Cons
I really can not think of any....
Fun place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 1, 2017
The application process was simple and quick. I was promptly contacted for an interview and hired a short time later.

So far the environment is serious, but fun at the same time. Everyone here seems to enjoy their work.

The Gab Group provides a wonderful work/life balance.

The office is always stocked with snacks and food... this is bad for anyone's diet :)
Pros
Beautiful office, relaxed environment, awesome co-workers, fun and exciting workload
Cons
Learned a lot, but was scared out of my mind every day
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 15, 2017
I definitely learned a lot about the industry working here, but good luck lasting even a year. No one does. The CEO micromanages and constantly seems to be "testing" you. I loved what I did, but would be scared when she was in the office. Many false promises were made that didn't happen. CEO does know what she's doing in terms of PR, very driven, but unfortunately her relationships with employees were lacking. Expected to be screamed at a few times and to stay at least until 7-8pm, even when things are slow.
Pros
bagel days
Cons
management
Beware
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 29, 2016
Be careful. The office is great, the people who work there are great, but there are many problems below the surface. The CEO is narcissistic and does not respect her staff. The EXTREMELY high turnover is one piece of evidence of lack of good management. People are constantly "tested", being driven to quit or go insane. The company is constantly losing clients and blame will be put onto the wrong people. Staff works hard with little direction, are underpaid and under appreciated.
Pros
Staff has good people. Bagels. Holiday parties.
Cons
Ceo, lack of communication and management
Delusions of Grandeur
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 26, 2016
If you are looking for a crash course in account management, are a self starter and prepared to work long unnecessary hours this is the place for you. Do not expect for this to be a long term place, the key is to get in, work hard, learn a lot and know when to get out. Owner will speak of plans that won't happen and protocol that doesn't exist. You will need to fight for what you are worth and justify your value. Poor management and sub par resources. While I was there the one benefit was the team was awesome, like family and we all had fun, but with high turnover it didn't last long unfortunately. On the upside, the holiday party is awesome! (No bonuses). Also, the client were great, enjoyed working with them and you get great exposure to multiple industries.
Pros
Clients, co workers, learning opportunity
Cons
Poor management, no benefits, no room for advancement
Endless Hours, No Work Life Balance
Designer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 20, 2016
Culture can be fun but you will work endless hours without recognition for your hard work. A place only for those right out of college but be prepared to be in a stressful environment. Can learn a lot very quickly. Not for those who can't deal with pressure. Unrealistic deadlines. Poor management and ownership.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Bad benefits, no recognition, no work/life balance
Fun, Productive, and Exciting Environment.
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 10, 2013
I loved working at The Gab Group. the office environment was productive and exciting. The Clients were local and national; providing a wide range of experiences.
Pros
Bagel Wednesdays!
"Grassroot" Promotions and Special Events
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 29, 2013
Work grand openings. Pick up and drop of flyers, set up grand openings for restaurants, conduct research and organize file room.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Gab Group. Our community is ready to answer.

The Gab Group Reviews by Location