The Gardens of Sun City Employee Reviews

A good place to work. Long time employees
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZ 85373April 19, 2018
I loved working at The Gardens. Made great friends and met very good people. The residents are wonderful and caring to staff.
A life experience occured where I had to seek a higher salary and had to leave with much sadness and regret.
Pros
Lifelong friends
Cons
salary could be a little more negotiable
A good place to learn an experience
Dietary (Former Employee) –  17225 Boswell Blvd 85373September 17, 2017
It was a good learning experience and I would definitely go back. It is very relaxed and gave me the opportunity to learn about multiple things. Wether that was cooking or dishwashing to managing and being able to learn about what a real business is about
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
It's fine to me just not my type of job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZMay 30, 2017
very nice place to work a lot of nice people it's all about having a great mindtwhe. Working here it can get frustrating but mother than that I have no bad reviews on this place it's just not the place for me.
Pros
I get a 30 minute break
Cons
Have to pay for lunch and breakfast
It's a great place to gain experience
Server (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZMarch 21, 2017
The Gardens is a fantastic place for the residents, all the residents are loving caring people and you are with them so much they become like family. Unfortunately with most departments there is a lot of favoritism so for the people who don't get things done the way they should there is rarely any consequences.
Pros
The residents are fantastic and loving individuals it's like your home away from home.
Cons
Certain people in management aren't qualified, favoritism is very common through all departments.
Lack of strong management.
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZAugust 11, 2016
The Gardens of Sun City lacks managers that have any management skills. Employees do not receive communication from management and do not feel appreciated.
unsafe work environment
Med Aide (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZApril 11, 2016
I enjoyed working here until the new management in the memory unit came in. she was all about delegating all of her work onto the caregivers. Which I could handle I worked overnight and had time to do her work. However she hired a lady and wasn't so much a lady as a monster. she was loud and obnoxious and would get into other co-works faces and yell and scream at them. She was twice my size and I was 6 months pregnant when she was hired on. After a week of being screamed at, her throwing my bag across the room ( and making sure everything came out of it) not doing anything so I get to do all the nightly rounds alone and feeling uncomfortable to the point that even though I was the lead on the unit I was having to hide in another unit. after telling my boss everything that was going on and nothing happening I asked to meet with the upper management of both units knowing the other unit had an opening I expressed my fear and asked if I could switch to the other unit they told me no and that I would just have to suck it up and work with her because the other two girls that worked over nights with had expressed the same problem and when nothing changed they had quit. I made it the longest of the three of us and quit two weeks after she started. I couldn't believe they wouldn't do anything to help.
Pros
second shift always left leftovers in the fridge for later
Cons
the management
Great people
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZOctober 19, 2015
Loved working for the Gardens they were all nice and worked with you. Let you work in other places to help you succeed in life or your job experience. Great place to become more then what you want to be.
Pros
Great people, good food and great experience
Cons
strict rules
Not a nice place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZMay 5, 2015
This is an assisted living center and rehab center for the elderly. I learned alot about various diets for elderly residents. I enjoyed some of the staff that worked there, then it turned into all high school kids and the department fell apart. The management staff is not there for the residents but for the money they pay to stay there.
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the elderly. Some of them were so nice and funny. The hardest part was when someone passed away. We (the employees) became family to alot of these people.

A typical day was to come into menu changes because there was not enough food ordered, arguments in the kitchen and a clueless dietary director.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
The way employees are treated
Not impressed
Resident Service Staff/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZOctober 20, 2013
I've only worked for this company a short while, however, the person who hired me no longer works for them, communication is non-existent between departments. There doesn't seem to be much cohesiveness or team work.
Pros
Residents are wonderful
Cons
unorganized