The GEO Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

They throw christmas parties
Recreation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Karnes City, TXDecember 12, 2018
This is a stressful job with very high compensation. My department has dealt with frequent schedule changes over the passed two years. Participates in a number of charities.
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 11, 2018
Nothing sweet about this company ... To many hours and the pay is really bad. They are not for you more like against you. If you do not have any pull you will work alot of overtime
Pros
Experience
Cons
Hours pay benifits
Excellent Company
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXDecember 11, 2018
The people you work with at The Geo Group make the job worth it. Really it's more like a family you are in. We take care of each other and never regret it. The job can be stressful at times but I don't regret for one single minute of ever working for this company. They will always hold a special place in my heart
GEO was ok to a point.
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Florence, AZDecember 10, 2018
The GEO Group is an ok company. But, there were times the co workers would throw you under the bus. It was good at first but afterwards it was not the same. I worked hard for them. At times you were told to work more hours than you wanted. Constant call offs and short shift staffing issues at times.
Pros
Cons
Short staffing
Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 8, 2018
It was one of the best company that I work. Company has good benefits and treat employees very well. Will like to work for them again. Give a 100%. Recommended to work.
Pros
Give you the gift for christmas, the dinner and treat the employees well.
Cons
Have a good benefits
Great days will always be followed by bad ones
Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TX 77301December 7, 2018
Chances to advance are available and are challenging to accomplish. Must be a professional and carry yourself with confidence and be willing to learn beyond required parameters.
Helped people
Employment Specialist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 7, 2018
Employment Specialist was my position, helped residents find jobs, helped with resume making, computer skills, job searches and prepared them for the business world
Lead Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 7, 2018
GEO is a professional organization that provided services for individuals who were either entering the criminal Justice system or transiting out of the criminal justice system. It is a well organized company that does a good job of compensating it's employees.
Pros
Encourage employee to move up in rank.
Cons
High turn over
Geo is a great job to have just not for a long time
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78207December 5, 2018
GEO is one of the most easiest jobs i have ever hade and at one time yes it was a fun place to work given the environment we work in. The administration staff is what makes this place harder to work at but the staff is what keeps me here. Policies can change on a day to day bases when it's convenient for them so they don't get into to much trouble. The environment is ok it has it's good days and bad days, it is a federal holding facility still with sometimes high profile inmates who are looking at life sentences.
Pros
Free lunches during first and second shift if they dont run out of food.
Cons
Short bearks and benifits are terrible right now
good place to work
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 1, 2018
Typical work day fast past but it can have some slow days. management is okay even one like family, Hardest part of the job time management, making sure before the job get done.
Pros
40 hours lots of overtime
Cons
short breaks
good
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  kingman azNovember 30, 2018
it is a good place to work at. I enjoy helping others and even want them to do better for themselves. the inmates deserve a good chance at redoing their lives.
Not a place to work
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CANovember 28, 2018
Overworked and underpaid/compensated. Unrealistic work load with little to no direction. It is an entry level job for a high school student, not a college graduate.
Pros
Cons
No advancement, low pay..
I wouldn't recommend any one to work here.
MAILROOM CLERK (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMNovember 27, 2018
I felt unsafe every day I worked here. There was no way to do the job with the amount of employees they allowed. There was retaliation if you reported things that were wrong.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
unsafe
Go next door to IYC (Plainfield Prison)
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INNovember 26, 2018
This Prison was a JOKE to work at! They watch their staff more than the offenders. A lot of my co workers and higher ups were hitting on me. They work you like a dog, especially when others call off and then you get mandated.
Pros
Training was pretty good
Cons
Everything else
Productive place to work at
Corrections Officer (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PANovember 26, 2018
Great company to work for the pay can be a little better but the overtime is good for people that want overtime. The turn over is crazy because people hate the mandation but the money is great!
Pros
Over time
Cons
Mandation
Correctional Employee
Correctional Employee (Current Employee) –  New Castle, INNovember 22, 2018
Good place to work as you don't have to worry about lay offs. Most employees are great to work with but the pay needs to be equal to DOC's pay. Prefer if ran like a prison and not a corporation.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Pay
Correctional officer DONT WORK HERE
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2018
This place is awful. You only make 12 bucks an hour to put up with rude staff and inmates. This job has no career advancement. Your better off going to DOC. They pay better. And good luck getting a raise at this job.
Benefits
Cons
Rude staff, poor management
If you want to feel like you're in jail, work here.
Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 20, 2018
The worst company I've ever worked for. "Management" is worthless, literally no communication between higher ups and officers, long work hours, mandatory overtime, mildly challenged staff, almost no break time, inmates are better than coworkers, pay is cool.
Great job if you want to help clients
Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILNovember 18, 2018
Working with the participants was the best part of the job. Poor management and HR did not address issues. Advancement was based on seniority despite qualifications.
To gathered experience
Cleaner, Geo (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 15, 2018
It was nice to work in Geo I had alot of experience I learn more about American culture and enhance my skills of communication today I can easily communicate with the people around me
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The GEO Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

2.2Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight