The German Marshall Fund of the United States Employee Reviews

International Relations Powerhouse
Special Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 15, 2017
The German Marshall Fund of the United States is a great place to work. It has a fun loving culture and good management. Employees work hard to find innovative was to strengthening networks in the foreign policy community. The foundation does lots of convening and supports a wide range of research on American and European relations.
Pros
Great perks, opportunity to interact with some of the biggest names in foreign policy
Great work environment
Asia Program Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 6, 2017
GMF provides a great work environment with flexible work schedule and positive employees. Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with multicultural and international co-workers and individuals on a daily basis.
Great Atmosphere
Congressional Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 26, 2016
I was allowed to take projects and assignments into my own hands. The department I worked in was extremely flexible and hard working. The training I received will help me in whatever position I fill next.
Online Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 7, 2016
Good work/life balance, generally nice people and good environment but this depends on which program you work for as it can vary by office and manager.
It is a good place to work at.
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2015
A typical day is to manage the day to day activities of Finance Dept making sure all transactions are posted to the ledger.
I learned to work with a group of people who are diverse.
Co- workers are nice.
Most enjoyable job is to see the end results of financial transactions during our annual audit
Pros
open minded culture
Cons
limited growth
Strong International Non-Profit
Managing Director, Executive Office (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 29, 2014
GMF is a well-managed and well-known organization in the Washington foreign policy community.
Opportunity to engage in meaningful projects
Urban and Regional Program Intern (Current Employee) –  Urban and Regional ProgramApril 27, 2013
My internship has proved a valuable opportunity to contribute to the organization within a flexible work schedule and in ways tailored to my interests.