The Gerontological Society of America Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and fun workplace
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 15, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of database management, file organization, meetings, scheduling and communications between local and international staff as well as clients and members of the organization.My co workers were all fantastic to work with. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the mission and development of the specific programs I dealt with. The close relationships built from this employment experience will last a lifetime.
The hardest part was falling ill and having to stop work due to medical tribulations.
Pros
Very friendly and pleasant workplace
Cons
Alot of personal and work conflicts between staff
Very Educational work atomosphere
Program Coordinator (FT) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2015
Great job to have along with the Organization and it's mission in the world. My co- workers were great and a typical day consisted of lots of communication via meetings, emails, telephone, travel. The most important part was that I was the point of contact for all communications regarding the initiative/program.
Pros
Great work environment, co-workers and purpose in general.
Cons
Management sometimes lacked in may areas.
Productive working atmosphere
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 18, 2014
Lots of communication with scholars, mentors and advocates of healthcare. Learned alot regarding the fundamentals of Elder care in facilities and Practice Change. My director was not very friendly or professional. The staff and all co workers were very polite, fun to work with and professional at all times. The hardest part of my job was dealing with constant disrespect from my boss daily. The most enjoyable part of working here is the location, my co workers and the work itself. I love working in the field of communications, administration, coordination, etc so this was an ideal position.
Pros
Great location
Cons
My particular Director was not friendly or professional
Look elsewhere
Director of Human Resources and Office Management (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 15, 2012
In my subjective opinion, I do not recommend seeking employment with this organization. This organization does not offer professional development and runs a culture of pervasive favoritism, unaccountability and poor leadership and management.
Pros
robust benefits package
Cons
poor leadership, no professional development