The Glen Retirement System Employee Reviews

Nurturing job environment, plenty of opportunity for growth
SOCIAL SERVICES DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 10, 2019
I enjoyed working at The Glen and my particular job changed several times throughout my 13 years there. I was offered many opportunities to learn and grow.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 3, 2018
The interview process is long but they just want to see if your a good fit for the place and that’s a great thing they also help you get state tested if that you want to do with your side work
Pros
They help you to become state tested if that’s what you want to do
Cons
You get paid every week
The best part of this job is the residents
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 24, 2018
Taking care of the residents is awesome! Staff don't appreciate you whatsoever. The hardest part of my job on a typical day is looking forward to working short staffed. No bonus for working extra, I've never heard of such!
Pros
Days off
Cons
Working short constantly, higher upper with the nonsense
great working environment
Charge Nurse LPN (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 25, 2018
enjoyed working at facility. compassionate care given.positive working environment. team workers. most enjoyable part of job was interacting with residents and fellow employees.
Pros
team workers
Cons
12 hr shifts
Bad place to work
Courtesy Officer (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 24, 2018
Management couldn't care less. Employees sleep constantly while residents are heard asking for help. I personally reported front desk receptionist sleeping for several hours and was requested to write a report of the incident and nothing never happened, except informing receptionist as to who turned her in causing bad work environment. Bad place to work.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Productive, and fun, and friendly enviroment
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 20, 2018
Its a great place to work the other employees are nice and friendly..The residents are also nice and friendly. The hardest part of the are keeping up with the residents clothes.
Best Nursing Home in Shreveport
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 16, 2018
The glen is a wonderful place to work. It is a family like environment and everyone helps each other out when needed. The residents are always happy. The place smells good too!
Pros
Co workers, team
Cons
LPNs don’t get uniforms
Dont judge a book by it's cover
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 10, 2018
Nice looking facility, with some good staff sprinkled throughout. There are some bad apples too that they have trouble getting rid of. Pay and benefits for LPN was ok, pay for everyone lower could have been much better I think. If a place is always looking to hire people, maybe people aren't the problem. Seemed to have trouble keeping good workers, and they don't reward the ones that stay. Mismanaged place. It has the potential to be great, it just isn't. Entire management/board needs an attitude adjustment.
Pros
plenty of OT, decent benefits for LPN, yearly (small) raises for LPN
Cons
DONs, Administrator, and board need to get a clue
Good place to work if you want to help the old folks
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 4, 2018
Pay is 8.50. People are making money there but not the housekeeping people. A lot of upper employees walking around not doing anything. No benefits. They do not pay any of your health insurance. You pay for all of it, and they don't pay enough to afford it. No retirement 403b you put your money in it , they don't match it. Place is falling apart. Need to get rid of current CEO, and all of maintenance dept.
Pros
40 hrs
Cons
No money, low pay no benefits
Okay place to work, overtime available 😃
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 13, 2018
I wish the commercial on TV truly matched up with what's really going on inside this place! I enjoy my job, but in reality the Glen is over charging the residents, underpaid staff, maybe they should eliminate several of the board of directors jobs, and pay the stay what they're really worth, appreciate your workers, talk and treat them like you want to be treated. And hire pest control to get rid of the water bugs, rodents, snakes, you name it the Glen has it.
A love able place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 28, 2018
I have been employed you there they treat their employees with respect and dignity and they are very appreciated and they treat their patients and their employees with respect they make sure that everything is in order and they dug care about you and your family members
The job gave me good work experience
DINING SERVICE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LA 71115April 16, 2018
Working at the Glen was a good experience for the most part. However, there was a lot of animosity from other workers who did not receive advancements or praise for their work. It made for a difficult working environment at times.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
working on salary
We play the Wii with them..
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 4, 2012
I like working there im just trying to make more money... We have fun with the residents we are always doing thigs with them..
Pros
free lunch
Cons
we really don't have breaks..