The Goddard School for Early Childhood Development Employee Reviews

High turn over
Lead Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 31, 2018
The time I worked at the Goddard school there was a lot of teachers quitting. There were a hand full of people who stayed for a few years but the rest would maybe make it one year. They are a good school and they have good curriculum, but there was a lot of favoritism.
Pros
good experience
Cons
favoritism
Great childcare to work for.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MIMarch 6, 2018
Working in childcare comes with many challenges and I felt I received the support I needed from my Director and co-workers at this school. Most everyone was a team player with the exception of a few which happens anywhere I suppose. It's great to work for a childcare that truly cares about their employees (insurance benefits great) and the children in the school.
Pros
safe and nurturing
Cons
no staff lunch room
The managers dont solve problems
Teachers Assistance (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 9, 2018
The management is unorganized and they don't really care about your needs or concerns. They hire employees that have no idea what they're doing and don't care. They don't pay their staff enough money and they don't like to turn the heat on when it's cold.. or the air on when it's hot. They offer no health insurance but expect you to have a doctor's note if you call in sick.
Pros
Kids are amazing
Cons
Poor leadership and wrak staff also understaffed
Great job/Poorly ran
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, INDecember 6, 2017
I was never more unhappy there by the management team running that facility. Favoritism is out of control. The turnover rate is abysmal. Not to mention they schedule you in a way that could almost kill a normal person but underpay and under appreciate. Terrible management team.
Pros
Kids
Cons
OT w/o pay, bad communication, awful owner
Fun Job
Asst. Teacher (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 18, 2017
I had so much fun working with the kids and managers at the school. I got promoted easily and the pay was well worth it. Also, the parents involvement was pleasing to see.
Pros
great people, great benefits
Quality child care.
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 26, 2017
Goddard has quality child care because they not only abide by state regulations, but also QA which in some areas are a lot more strict. The staff and the children are wonderful but I can not support myself on the salary. It's becoming harder to pour myself into my job 8+ hours a day and struggle to pull my home life together because my paycheck just can't stretch.
Pros
Discounted child care.
Cons
High turn around, not enough pay for the amount of work that is done.
Very kid friendly
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIAugust 21, 2017
The school, is very welcoming. They are always trying to find new ways to make sure there children and parents are happy! they keep everyone safe! they use tech in a very educational way!
Stressful and overworked
Head teacher (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 3, 2017
They expect to much . They give us too much work to do. And sometimes no material to do the work. They combined classes together with too many children with different ages.
Pros
Clean, safe place for children.
Cons
Too much work, too little pay.
clean and organized
Prek Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 23, 2017
Typical day would be starting snack, then breaking for circle time, then open centers, and curriculum learning. After curriculum learning we then would go outside, then come back in for lunch and nap. After nap we would wake up for snack then back outside. The end of the day duties include closing up the building and making sure each child has left for the day and all rooms are closed down.
Horrible place to work
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Gambrills, MDJuly 3, 2017
Wouldn't go back to Goddard. The owners we're awful. They were very difficult to deal with and work for. Do not care for employees. Director was very rude.
Pros
Teachers were very helpful and nice
Cons
Rude owners, no healthcare, no bathroom breaks
Great staff overall
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJune 14, 2017
Great place to work with the children! The children teach us teachers so many things and make work so rewarding. At times it can be challenging, but rewarding at the end of the day.
Fun and productive place to work at
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 8, 2017
The work I did with the kids and the project planning, I gained a lot of knowledge. But at time was put in a difficult situation due to upper management and the lack of communication.
Pros
teaching my kids
Cons
no benefits, poor communication with upper management
Great Environment, Terrible Pay.
Lead & Spanish Teacher/Training Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Mullica Hill, NJApril 21, 2014
I loved the job but the pay didn't reflect your work. The children really make the job fun and enjoyable.
Great learning environment
Lead First Steps Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHAugust 16, 2013
I really enjoyed working at The Goddard School and getting to meet and engage with amazing people and children. I had my own classroom in First Steps and took on the roles and responsibilities as a lead teacher, I created weekly lesson plans, planned curriculum based activities and also effectively communicated daily with parents and staff. The hardest part of this job was the pay, I could not afford a place to live on the amount of money I was making even full time. The most enjoyable part of this job was making a difference in individuals lives, and getting to teach the children in my classroom, they were truly a joy and it was such a pleasure to be apart of such a fantastic team and teach in a unique learning environment.
Pros
Right by my University, Made great friends, made a difference everyday, happy environment
Cons
hourly pay
A fun and safe learning environment
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 8, 2012
I work from 8-5 Monday through Friday teaching Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten. I love being a teacher because it is very rewarding and different every day. I learned how to have strong communication skills with parents, staff, and management. Being organized and implementing lesson plans every day is a big part of my job as well. Patience is definitely required in the field I am in! I enjoy working as a team with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is helping a child when I don't know what he or she needs. I am very good at comforting people and coming up with new ideas to solve problems. I enjoy seeing children succeed because I know I made a difference. :)
Pros
staff is very friendly, i feel secure, and we plan staff outings
Cons
have to call management for a bathroom break, pay is very little, benefits are ok
Good place to work and good co-workers.
Kitchen Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIJuly 9, 2012
I liked working here because it's family oriented since it's a school and had flexible hours if needed them, even though I worked full time.