The Goddard School Employee Reviews

Wonderful job with terrible management.
eventually moving up to lead teacher (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed my actual job duties at The Goddard School very much. The owner was cruel, money hungry & full of drama. Working for her was like being in the high school cafeteria. We weren't paid nearly enough, and even with an employee discount, and taking care of my own child all day, I was barely making enough money to live.
Pros
great co-workers, new experiences daily, some fun out of work activities
Cons
management, compensation
Fast paced work enviornment
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 17, 2018
If you enjoy working with children then this is a good place to work. The staff is easy to get along with. During the summers they have special guests come and do activities with the kids. During the holiday season we get some time off as well.
Pros
free lunches decent work hours
Cons
they onlyoffer health insurance
management was tough
Associate Teacher (Former Employee) –  Derry, NHJuly 15, 2018
The owner/manager at The Goddard School is not the type of person who truly cared about the children/families that bring their children there.
She seems to care only about making money and covering shifts not looking out for the needs of the families.
Huge turn over rate of employees at this childcare center.
Pros
being with wonderful families/children
Cons
no pay increases with time, no recognition of work done by employees
Most rewarding job ever!
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 11, 2018
Working at Goddard was the best time ever. Working with kids is overall so rewarding and brings happiness to your life. Though it is stressful and overwhelming at times, the staff you befriend and the kids that you interact with make all that seem like nothing. Along with working you are also having fun with these kids and changing their lives.
Fun place to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 11, 2018
Staff is great, children are fun, you can add in some of your own fun activities, two teachers to a room. Get to work with children of all ages from infant to pre school.
Fast pace
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Leander, TXJuly 4, 2018
Fast pace working environment. Educating children at young age to read, write and knowledge on numbers, colors and alphabets. Work with parents to have an understanding on child’s growth and progress.
Great support and high morale.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAJune 30, 2018
Management is very supportive and available. Great connections with families. Collaborative teachers. Many opportunities for professional training. Teachers are passionate about their craft.
fast paced and fun
Kitchen Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJune 26, 2018
great people, upbeat and fast paced. always learning and growing as a professional. great community and workplace culture. best part of the job is the kids.
Pros
child care discounts
Cons
no healthcare
Fun and rewarding place to work
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sparta, NJJune 26, 2018
Fun place to work, and rewarding to see the children grow and learn. The environment is clean and friendly and the staff is fun to work with. I have no complaints.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Fun and productive workplace
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJJune 26, 2018
I like working at Goddard School. The staff is very friendly. So are the people in management. Pay is pretty good, better than the last daycare I worked at. They work pretty well with your schedule.
fun place to work as assistant teacher
Assistant Daycare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 26, 2018
I was only an assistant teacher so I felt as though I was a leader to the children but did not come up with the lesson plans. It is a good place to interact with children and get experience at a wide range of ages.
Pros
friendly staff, clean facility, full outside playground
Cons
no benefits
Great Management in Southlake
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXJune 24, 2018
I don't agree with the "Goddard philosophy", or at least not how it was carried out. It was never very clear what it was. Quality Assurance was a pain to deal with in conjunction with state licensing. Goddard is a corporate franchise so each location is different. Regardless, it was a fun place to be. I love the ladies in the office and my coworkers were pretty great.
Goddard
Directors Assistant/ lead teacher (Former Employee) –  Tyrone, GAJune 22, 2018
Great culture and environment. The expectations and trainings are of high standards. The development of the individual child is the focus. The staff worked as a family unit.
Great place to work for college aged students
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJune 22, 2018
flexible, fun, and rewarding. Pay is typical for child care - not enough to make a career out of but great while in college or for part time.
I enjoyed the summers with kids.
Excelente ambiente laboral, oportunidad de crecimiento
Asistente educativo (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2018
Excelente ambiente laboral, intercambio de ideas y formación cultural.
Pros
comprensión y buena voluntad de los encargados
Cons
cierta ambivalencia en tomas de decisiones
great place to work
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 19, 2018
great management friendly staff, great training, beautiful school, a lot of opportunity and promotion hours aren't bad and pay is pretty good for the amount of work
Great place to work at
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAJune 18, 2018
I loved working at the Goddard School every one works together and help each other out with the classes howeve there is very little to non-existing opportunities to grow.
One of the better childcare facilities
Assistant Teacher Pre-K (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 16, 2018
Turnover is bad, pay is terrible... but I loved the room I was in and had an excellent lead teacher who made my two years here bearable... even when we’d go two weeks without a bathroom break :)
My Goddard
Daycare Teacher (Current Employee) –  Norwood, NJJune 15, 2018
I know Goddard is a chain. But this one is a awful one to work at. The owner is always in a mood, either because we have no forks in the building or no paper towels, or the kids broke a toy. The 2 directors never agree on anything. One is relaxed and easy going, while the other makes you on edge when you see her in the all way.

Because of this job made me realise how fake people are, with and with out parents around. You may think your child is getting amazing care but you child might be getting yelled at all day for crying because the teacher thinks their cry is annoying and they have a headache. Or that the child is not hungry so the teacher yells at them to eat their food and the child starts to cry.

The polices are also pretty bad. The first day at this job you receive the employee hand book. You read it sign the paper. All the normal jazz. Turn out they follow none of it. Let alone there are many things that are not in the handbook that you need to find out from coworkers. This owner picks and choices what he wants to follow, and with whom. Have you favorites but treat everyone fairly

Work for Goddard if you like kids. But NEVER EVER EVER work here.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Management, Staff, Policies. Pay
Great environment
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mullica Hill, NJJune 15, 2018
I enjoyed working at Goddard School. It was a great environment and great background experience as a prospective teacher. Wish I was paid more hourly.
Pros
Relaxing, fun
Cons
Dirty diapers, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Goddard School. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.