The Goddard School Employee Reviews

Found 1,077 reviews matching the search See all 1,079 reviews
Wonderful
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNNovember 16, 2018
Amazing teachers and great administration Very high academic standards with engaging curriculum and Kindergarten readiness. Clean and well maintained environment.
Fun and stressful
Teacher Assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 16, 2018
Working with children is so rewarding but your needs as a person will never be met. Teachers work year round, it's hard to get a day off or vacation. The hours are long. Pay is very low and a lot is expected.
Loved my Job
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHNovember 15, 2018
I loved the school I worked at and the people I worked with I didn't to leave just wanted a job closer to home. I cried when I put in my notice and I still follow some of my students, families and co workers.
Awful, Sad and depressing work environment.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVNovember 15, 2018
Working at the Goddard School has been the worst experience. The only reason I have stayed is for the Holidays we have off and while I have been in school. It is sad how down hill the school has become since certain people have started working there. I hope to see the school back to its roots, but sadly it hasn't gotten any better.

I haven't learned much at the Goddard School besides bad hospitality and working in a constant negative environment. The hardest part of the job wasn't even the children. It was dealing with the constant awful management skills and inappropriate comments to staff.

The work place structure is awful. They act like they care about the kids, but all they consider them to be is just a dollar sign. They stuff the classes full and are constantly over ratio. Although when licensing comes they seem to know how to cover their butts the second they walk though the door. It is very sad how determined they are to make every dollar possible. Meanwhile their teachers are very under paid. Employees starting off with Bachelor Degrees begin at 11.00$ an hour! Absolute nonsense.

It is a sad, awful and depressing place to work. And I am so glad I no longer work there.
Pros
Holidays Off.
Cons
Too many to list.
Great work place
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fishers IndianaNovember 11, 2018
This place is a great place to work. The students are amazing as well as the employees. They always make you feel like your at home. If you love kids and have a passion this place is organized and a great place to start
friendly place to work
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GANovember 7, 2018
workplace culture, not very stable job, the management made difference between people who worked there no matter even you worked hard there, friendly coworkers
stressful
Teacher Assistant/ Room Floate (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 4, 2018
did not like the teacher/student demeanor. the working environment was not what i expected. I did not like how the teachers talked to the children. it was not for me.
Loved the kids
FLOATER/ TEACHERS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VANovember 3, 2018
The kids were amazing and the teachers were nice. Training took a long time but I learned alot during that time. I would work for them again great job
Child focused, Opportunities to learn, Good PTO
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 29, 2018
I've worked for two different Goddard School locations - both schools focus on the education of the children. They implement STEAM and FLEX programs. This school had a lot of extra curriculum such as chess, Spanish, and tasty Thursday. Parents are wonderful and I enjoyed working with each student. There are opportunities to advance yourself with education training, which enhances your portfolio. The only thing I would change is the work environment. I felt most times the staff could be more professional towards one another. Other than that, this is a great company to work for.
Pros
Education advancement opportunities, great childcare programs
Cons
No Healthcare Benefits
A lot to remember, but the kids are wonderful.
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAOctober 25, 2018
I've been there for over six months, and it has been the best center thus far. There licensing company that comes in is kind of hard to please, you have to go above and beyond, then some. You're allowed to wear whatever you want, and most of the time you end up having good relationships with plenty of the people there.
Good for the kids
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDOctober 22, 2018
I would recommend taking your kids here but working here wouldnt be something i recommend. If you arent close to a manager or director then you better start praying.
Terrible Management
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Jenks, OklahomaOctober 20, 2018
Nothing is done to secure the care of the children and whenever there is an issue it is not addressed until DHS is invloved.
Over enrolled and rather talk about partying than doing something about the teachers who are putting hands on the children.
Positive workplace, happy management
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake in the Hills, ILOctober 18, 2018
This is a great place to grow and expand your skills working with children. The management and directors are helpful and knowledgeable. Always ask questions and stick to your lesson plans.
Pros
Very flexiable
Cons
Hard to get full time hours
Great kids and families, horrible management
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOOctober 18, 2018
Management always belittled employees — always expected to do everything PERFECT. The children, and families were always so sweet and great to communicate with.
Pros
Families, Children
Fun and positive environment
Spanish Teacher (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 17, 2018
I love to work at the Goddard School. It is a center with a lot of benefits such as positive staff to work with. You can have a part-time or full-time position.
Fast paced workplace
pre-school teacher (Former Employee) –  Sanatoga, PAOctober 17, 2018
I learned a lot about how to interact with 3 & 4 year olds at the Goddard School. I found this training to be very valuable. 3 & 4 year olds behave much differently than kindergarteners.
Pros
Friendly staff. Helpful supervisors.
Productive and fun work place
Private Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAOctober 15, 2018
Come in greet the children and staff. Then prepare your things for a typical work day of teaching and learning. Also serve lunch and snacks to children and have recces
Professional, High Learning Environment, Clear Expectations from Management
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Millersville, MDOctober 10, 2018
This is a professional and positive work environment with high expectations from staff members, but those expectations are clear and direct. Management provides ALL staff members with the necessary tools and resources to be successful and grow as an individual, teacher and overall working adult. Continuing education coursework is provided by the school, along with classroom materials, monthly spending budget for their classrooms and staff members are always reimbursed for purchases made at their own expense.
Salaries are competitive and raises are typically granted at annual reviews, as well as when staff members further their education and raise their level of qualification.
Staff are provided with sick leave and have the opportunity to earn paid vacation leave.
The school owner, Dipti, is very generous to her staff members and goes above and beyond to make employees feel happy and comfortable.
Overall this is an excellent school to look into for employment, if you are a qualified, professional and driven individual, The Goddard of Millersville is the school to look into.
Fun place to work.
Kitchen Manager/Cook (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, INOctober 8, 2018
I loved working for this school. They were laid back yet professional to their clients. They are also very good to their employees. I would still have been working for them if I hadn't gotten married and went on the road with my husband for his job.
Pros
Great wages and hours.
Cons
I had none.
It was awesome!
Preschool 1 Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 5, 2018
If you love children, this is the best place to work. It's really fun to work here. You get to lead in your own classroom. Teach/lesson plan in your own classroom.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Goddard School. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss