The Goddard School Employee Reviews

Found 1,143 reviews matching the search See all 1,145 reviews
Wouldn’t recommend
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hunterdon County, NJFebruary 16, 2019
I don’t believe teachers are trained properly to take care of our kids. There should be cameras in the rooms since there has been many instances where children would tell parents the employees were mean to them. Employees are treated poorly by management if they aren’t the favorites and even us parents can notice that. Many old employees have expressed what a terrible place it is to work.
Pros
1 Hour lunch
Cons
Long day, no training, treated badly, favoritism, low pay for a hard job.
Stressful place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 13, 2019
They are very unorganized. Management is very rude. Not willing to work with you regarding your availability. They charge to much for the way they treat your child
Absolute worst experience
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 12, 2019
Job itself was stressful but manageable. Coworkers were awful bullies. The amount of children in each classroom was crazy, but with that being said the work was manageable it was just the people I worked with. I had strep throat bronchitis twice, and the flu and multiple sinus infections this place is disgusting. this is a good place to work if you're looking for something temporary with a flexible schedule if you're looking for part-time. But be aware of backstabbing nasty miserable coworkers. Overall I did enjoy the kids they were really sweet. though I made so many complaints to the manager about the way that I was being spoken to and treated they did nothing about it they turned it all around on me they don't really care about your feelings at all. Overall I would not work here stay very far away
Pros
Paid days off
Cons
Nasty vile coworkers and management playing favorites. Pay
Emotional wreck
Toddler teacher (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAFebruary 12, 2019
The owners bring their personal life in their work. On bad days they bring staff into their office and yell at them until they cry. This has happened time after time after time. Sharing financial instabilities and projecting those issues into your staff is inappropriate and unprofessional.
Feed back given to them is clearly unforbidden. Suggestions are let taken.
Work load is HEAVY.
“Referrals” and “bonuses” are only given with favoritism
Fun and collaborative enviroment
Assistant Classroom Teacher (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJFebruary 11, 2019
I enjoyed working at the Goddard school during the short time when I was home from college.
All of the teachers and staff went above and beyond to help me feel included in the team atmosphere.
No advancement
Assistant Teacer (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAFebruary 10, 2019
When I first started here, the environment was good. After about a year or two the environment declined. The management was poor and they did a lot of their employees dirty.
Nice place to work
TEACHER'S AID (Former Employee) –  Mullica Hill, NJFebruary 10, 2019
Pay is minimum wage for my previous position
Good Management
Nice place to work
Friendly staff
Learned basic childcare at location
Room for growth depending on performance
Fun Loving Work Place
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MOFebruary 8, 2019
Teaching and encouraging children, 6 weeks to 6 years, how to interact with peers, increase their learning abilities, language, motor, and fine motor skills in a group setting. Ratio of teacher to student is dependent on the age of the children. Classrooms are always monitored by compassionate, educated, and loving teachers. The owner, director, and assistant director care about each teacher and each student. They interact with the classrooms on a daily basis and encourage the teachers during tough situations. The three leading ladies are wonderful women who care about the individual, student, parent, family, and teachers.

Children learn through guided play with their peers in a safe, clean, and sanitary environment. Meals, breakfast, lunch, and snack, are carefully prepared for each student, including any allergies or cultural differences. The chef is very focused on delivering healthy and well-rounded meals.

Being able to participate and interact with the children is a delight. It is amazing to see their growth over short periods of time. I encourage any person or family who is considering either a job or a school for their child to first consider The Goddard School.
Pros
flexible time off and PTO after 90 days of employment
Cons
Horrible Job (Don't work at the Canton Baltimore Location!!)
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 6, 2019
Owners cared nothing about their employees. Directors were never honest, unorganized, blamed things on the teachers when parents complained to them about mistakes or judgment calls the Directors would make. They never had their teachers backs or support them. Directors have no back bones. Inexperienced. Inconsiderate and selfish. Teachers were just bodies to fill ratio. Cold hearted Directors. Showed favoritism to teachers who were not honest worker.
Pros
No Diversitiy
Cons
Working with the Children and Families
I was only a teachers aide but it was a great program
Gaithersburg - Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 5, 2019
The kids were young and learned a lot of awesome things. I had 3 year olds doing yoga, learning sign language and Spanish! It truly was a great program unfortunately it was just a temporary job for me.
Stuck up management, rude employees.
Infant teacher (Former Employee) –  Peters townshipFebruary 5, 2019
This was probably one of the worst jobs I have ever had. One of the director’s had a child in the infant room so she was CONSTANTLY in there and I mean constantly. The directors also put a dress code in place but when one of the directors was telling me not to wear leggings while she had them on. They wore them everyday. All the directors did was sit in the office and drink their coffee. While I was being trained the two directors would tell me two different things. One staff I worked with would get so annoyed about rocking the babies she said we wouldn’t have time. Uhh they are babies and I’m going to rock them. All of the staff talks about each other it was so unpleasant.
Pros
Cons
Long breaks, management
Good place to work!
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTFebruary 4, 2019
Feel very appreciated at times and other times not so much. The families are all very caring and nice, the other teachers are very nice as well. Most of the staff wants to be there and are genuinely happy.
Great place to work!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Upper West Side, NYJanuary 28, 2019
I am a current employee at The Goddard School on the Upper West Side. I love the community feel of this school - the teachers care so much about the children in their classrooms and the parents are appreciative of everything the school is doing. You can feel the love in all of the classrooms. The teachers always think of fun and creative activities and are working on truly teaching each child, at any age. I love working here and seeing the children grow up from the infant room until they start kindergarten.
Pros
freedom as an educator
Great School!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 28, 2019
I loved working at The Goddard School in Williamsburg,VA. Great teachers, children, parents and administrators. Warm and friendly environment with lots of teamwork and low turnover. Great place to work. Wish I didn't have to move.
Education
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 26, 2019
I have worked with children for about 8 years now and The Goddard School helped me further my education and knowledge when it comes to children, their families, and learning abilities.
stressful
Toddler Head Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2019
The Goddard Schools is good as a temporary job or for someone who loves working with young children, however, the management in my location was not great at all.
Pros
5 sick days, and 10 vacation days paid.
Cons
not enough staff
not plesent
Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Indian Trail, NCJanuary 23, 2019
I did not like working here because Management said "I put the kids first." but it did not feel like it. they just wanted bodies in the room. Would not tell employees what was going on with teacher room changes.
Pros
Flexible when in came to most schedule conflicts, most of the time
Cons
everything
Horrible environment
Lead Teacher Pre-K (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCJanuary 22, 2019
I was with Goddard school for 2 years. While there, 50 teachers and a director quit. The owners have no experience in early childhood education but thought that they could micromanage everything you did. It was a horrible experience!
Productive and Fun workplace
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 20, 2019
Loved the stuff and many students I got to work with! Typical day including feeding, changing and interacting with the kids! I have to say the hardest part was leaving all the kids I got the chance to know and impact their lives
Great Place to work
OWNER (Current Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYJanuary 18, 2019
Overall great place to work
Everyone works great together. The teachers are loving and caring to each child in the building.
There is alway growth within the building as well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Goddard School. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss