The Goddard School Employee Reviews

Early childhhod for ages 2-4
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PASeptember 18, 2018
I worked in the young community group ages 2-4. I worked straight out of college. I think as far as the employees it was a little cold. That was 20 years ago and hopefully things have changed but did leave a sour taste when I left
Pros
working with children
Cons
benefits, work enviroment
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwood, NJSeptember 18, 2018
Quick paced day care, staff was great, I learned a lot. I loved the kids and watching them grow and learn. Field trips and getting to see them enjoy themselves and knowing that I had a part in that.
Pros
Great people, smart kids, kind parents
My review-
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 15, 2018
We all work as a team even though we are assigned a classroom. Managers are helpful and supportive. I get time off and we are closed around Christmas!!!
Pros
Beautiful setting& building and nice break room!
Cons
Parking in the garage
a very active place to work
Full-Time Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJSeptember 13, 2018
most of the time it was wonderful times working with growing children and the most wonderful parents. Most of my day was interacting with infants but I did have the opportunity to work and get to know older children..the teachers love and care so much ,that it made my days full of laughs and joy.
Pros
loving moments, continue education
Cons
no benefits low pay
Productive and fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA (Midtown)September 12, 2018
its very busy at the school. I have learned about how to write certain memorial things for the parents. the management is great. we do a few culture for the children. the hardest part of the job is the traffic. the most enjoyable part of the job is the staff.
Pros
Free dinners at the meetings.
Unprofessional Management
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 10, 2018
Management here were all close friends, so when new people would be hired they would exile them out and put them in rooms that no one wanted to be in. Management would promise to move you to the room of your choice, only to hire from outside and move them to that room without letting you know. I wouldn't recommend working here unless you decide to brown nose the management and get what you want that way instead of working hard for it.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
poor management, no PTO
High-Stress but Rewarding work place
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 8, 2018
The Goddard School has been a decent place to work at so far. While it is a fast paced work environment and can be physically & mentally demanding. It is rewarding working with the children and seeing them learn, which makes the hard work, worth it.
Pros
Rewarding, paid time off, flexible.
Cons
Long hours, physically demanding, mentally demanding, high-stress, low pay.
Management hard to approach
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 6, 2018
Hard to get approved days off. Management can be very snappy which makes it hard to come to with problems. No sick days and working with children you get sick. Not enough staff so teachers are forced to work sick. Won’t call parents if children seem sick. High turn over rate of teachers.
Pros
Owner super nice
Cons
No sick days
Great job
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INSeptember 5, 2018
Great place to work at overall and great family oriented work place. Always stayed busy and everyone is very understanding of all work situations. Very family based so if something happens and comes up they work fast to resolve it or find a way
Good daycare for children and ok part-time job
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 5, 2018
Great afterschool care for students and younger children. Very caring teachers focused on helping children develop and prepare for school. Pleasant atmosphere.
Lack of Job Advancement
Floating Teacher (Former Employee) –  Westford, MASeptember 4, 2018
I was told if I was teacher certified that I would be able to be in a classroom permanently, however that was not the case. They hired new staff for the open positions instead of using the staff they already had. This made it very hard to continue to work in an environment like that. I felt it was unfair to those of us who took the class to become certified.
Pros
Great staff and hours
Cons
Lack of job advancement
Good
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 4, 2018
The place is clean, organized, and productive. Teachers in the center are friendly, caring, and welcoming. The curricululm is appropriate planned in advance, and the system is productive.
Community
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PASeptember 4, 2018
They have very positive and up beat enivornment. I think they could pay a lot better but thy provide a clean safe and healthy work environment. Everyone is very friendly
productive enviroment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 4, 2018
overall good work environment
not very stressful
certain rooms seemed overcrowded with kids
staff ratio was good
gave a good amount of time for breaks
I love the kids at my Job.
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 1, 2018
I love to be able to work with all age groups. I like the events and the parents I have had. Very good Learning going on during the day. work work work but love seeing the kids move on up and graduate. I like that all the classrooms are differently design.
Caring facility
CHILD TRANSPORT / SUPPLY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  South Lebanon, OHAugust 30, 2018
The staff really care for the children. They strive everyday to provide the best possible care for every child and adapt to every child's individual needs.
love the energy of the people i worked with
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 29, 2018
I enjoyed working there. everyone was so nice and helpful. they became a second family to me. they made work a happy place to be. the owner was so nice and he's very thoughtful.
Productive and On-Task
Goddard Assistant Pre-School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJAugust 29, 2018
A typical day of work was fun and entertaining. I really enjoyed working with the children. I learned new teaching tips and how to care for different personalities of students. The workplace was very professional and all the staff was outgoing, friendly, and very helpful.
Pros
Free lunch breaks
Cons
N/a
Summary
Assitant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sugar Hill, GAAugust 29, 2018
The Goddard School is a great and fun loving place to work. The staff and front office and some of the nicest people ever. The owner is also a very nice man. Nothing negative about working in this establishment.
Not A Good Place To Work!!!
Preschool/Pre-K Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 28, 2018
Well the students and parents are GREAT! And the teachers are great too.Poor Management, Office staff very rude and disrespectful. Not enough PTO days, No sick days, No 401K plan. They givev you a hard time requesting off to handle family & personal issues. It's just a very horrible place to work.
Pros
hour lunch breaks
Cons
No overtime allowed, no 401k plan, not enough PTO days, No sick time, The whole school is horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Goddard School. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss