The Goodman Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Typical Day
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 6, 2018
A typical day consists of working 10 hours, working a med cart shift that is very hectic and requires organization. What I learned from this job, is that no day is ever the same and to expect the unexpected. The Goodman Group recently changed executive directors and this has not been a good change for the organization. The hardest part of my job is growing and developing a relationship with the residents we serve and then having them pass away. That is by far the hardest thing I have had to go through. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to be a part of every residents life that we serve through the Goodman Group.
Pros
Free lunch or dinner during your shift. Works around schedules.
Cons
No mangement accountablilty.
May 15, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We very much care about all of our team members and work environment. To assist us in meeting our service excellence standards, I would like to be able to address these issues with you directly to learn more about your concerns. Please don’t hesitate to call if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Nikki
Regional Director of Human Resources
406-396-2481

pay ok stress not so much
Floor Technician/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMarch 28, 2018
sad and frustrating too many people screwing off while others tried to pick up the slack which stressed them out gee might have something to do with the turnover rate
April 9, 2018

We are very sorry to hear of your concerns. As a company, we are deeply committed to our team members' and residents’ experiences. We wish we were able to resolve these concerns with you prior to this time. We wish you the best in your future pursuits.

Great company to work for
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNFebruary 17, 2018
The Goodman Group not only provided me with the resources to succeed but they also gave me an opportunity to step out of my comfort zone to grow and develop the skills that I have today.
Pros
Great company. Many resources available to grow.
Cons
Can't think of any.
February 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The Goodman Group. We are beyond grateful for your contributions and dedication. Thank for providing your feedback!

Toxic
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 5, 2018
Poor management, company need to start over with new management on down to the unit managers, just bad, bad tastes they leave in your mouth fron day to day. This company will fire, or drive you out, the good employee, only to keep the bad apples.The upper management dont investigate for themselves, they take the word of corrupt managers, who practice building a case on you, like telling you ill put your orders in, only later to make it seem like you are slacking, and didnt do them. All good nurses, beware of this place, you will loose your reputation. Dont give this place a chance, like I did, they dont deserve you. And remember, if a place is always hiring, beware, cause people are always leaving, and there not leaving for no reason.
Pros
Up to date building
Cons
Poor management, stressful work environment, dangerous work assignments
February 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and for bringing this matter to our attention. As a company, we are committed to our team members' and residents’ experiences. Please contact me so we can discuss further. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Mark Moyer
Regional Director of Operations
952-361-8000

Staff was nice. Management not very professional.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 10, 2018
Overall this is a good company to work for as long as you enjoy the type of work. The CEO is great but not everyone in management should be in the position.
Benefits
Cons
Manageme6
January 18, 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Goodman Group. We appreciate all your hard work and dedication, and we wish you the very best in your career.

Avoid at all costs
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  summit houseDecember 13, 2017
My experience may have been better but I had a horrific manager who was mentally unstable and made my life miserable. All my concerns were brought to the attention of the area mgr but nothing was done so I was forced to walk off the job
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
December 15, 2017

Management at a certain Goodman facility is a joke
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 13, 2017
Management seems to be the issue in a lot of the reviews that I’ve read and goes for my property as well. Asking for input then doing the complete opposite making thing worse instead of better. Micromanaging at its finest and total lack of respect for staff and residents.
December 15, 2017

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Our team members and residents are very important to us. We will continue to do everything we can in following our Platinum Service philosophy. Thank for providing your feedback and best wishes to you in your career.

Good
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNAugust 23, 2017
I worked for this company for a very long time, as an Accountant for one year. It was a good, solid company to work for and I would recommend them to others.
Staff and Management are approachable
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTAugust 19, 2017
I love the environment here. The residents are great people. It's always wonderfull to see their smile, and these people need someone who have a big heart to take care of them.
August 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The Goodman Group. We greatly appreciate all your contributions and dedication to residents! Thank for providing your feedback.

productive and friendly colleagues
Business Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 29, 2017
this place provides a friendly ambiance to an energetic and productive working minds. the seniors are always helpful and kind towards the new and young bunch of enthusiastic working class.
Pros
friendly environment
July 31, 2017

We are so pleased to hear of your experience! Thank you for all you do, each day. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback!

disorganized management, abusive, and deceptive
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 26, 2017
corporate office is not a pro employee. they fire leaders who are supportive of their employees. forced OT, understaffed facilities, management who harass and loves to power trip and guilt trip.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
forced OT, forced on-call shifts, understaffed
July 31, 2017

We are very sorry to hear of your concerns. As a company, we are deeply committed to our team members' experiences. We wish we were able to resolve these concerns with you prior to this time. We wish you the best in your career.

excellant work place and very good team members.
Maintenance supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNMarch 18, 2017
The USN was the best place that I worked. The personnel were very dedicated, professional and educated. The work environment and training were excellent. The Goodman Group is comparable and would recommend working there. The Goodman Group personnel are very well trained and professional. The work environment is top notch. I was able to function independently in accomplishing the tasks assigned with very little supervision. I was valued for my professional input and feedback. The group functioned very well as a team.
Pros
Independant work environment/ team participation
Cons
Long commute
March 23, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The Goodman Group. We greatly appreciate all your contributions and wish you the best in your new endeavor!

Highly recommended - a rare organization in long term care
Quality Management Director / Administrator (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 15, 2017
Wonderful organization that truly strives to achieve the "Platinum Standard" of excellence. If you have the opportunity to work for this top notch organization, don't miss it!
January 30, 2017

We are pleased to receive your feedback. At The Goodman Group, we are committed to the wellbeing of their residents and employees. Thank you!

Horrible place to work.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTNovember 12, 2016
My experience was horrible. Nepotism runs rampant throughout management, the more incompetent the better. My coworkers were excellent and professional. Management was a joke. Demeaning to staff, anti nurse stance on every issue. Executive Director is a bully toward women. Unsafe staffing ratios. Unrealistic workloads. Poorly staffed.
Pros
Cons
low pay, anti nurse culture
December 12, 2016

We are very sorry to hear of your concerns. As a company, we are deeply committed to our team members' experiences. We wish we were able to resolve these concerns with you prior to this time. We wish you the best in your future pursuits.

Great place to work, people really care about you.
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 22, 2015
I have been in this career field for 15 years. The Goodman group has given me so many opportunities. They are the most professional and caring company I have worked for. They are willing to teach and allow me and my staff to grow. I'm very fortunate to work for such a wonderful company.
Pros
I have an amazing staff. The corporate office is so helpful and attentive to my community.
Cons
Honestly I have not experienced any.
The best company I've worked for.
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Largo, FloridaSeptember 22, 2015
I have been with The Goodman Group for eleven wonderful years. They have given me all the support necessary to successfully manage each of the communities that I have managed. The Regional Manager is available for any support that you need but gives you all the space you need to manage effectively. The Vice President of Property Management is equally available and supportive. They are an inspiration to us all. They have worked for The Goodman Group for many years and are a true reflection of the companies Platinum Service Standards and our Values. There are many employees that have worked with this company for five, ten or twenty years because they share these standards and values too. I believe that everyone who works for this company stays because they can feel the sincerity of the caring environment this company strives to build within the business but more importantly our communities. We love what we do!
Pros
Supportive, friendly, understanding and respectful environment. Great training and advancement opportunities available.
Hostile Work Enviroment
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  St.PaulAugust 28, 2015
The Corporate Office VP & Regional Staff and HR Dept. are horrible to work for, with. You are treated with such disrespect and they are allowed to harass, neglect and bash you to your face and behind your back all while the rest of the residential teams are ordered to follow "Platinum Service".
It is all very one-sided as far as the corporate office is concerned - they DO NOT practice what they preach.
The VP has allowed the regional team to have such lacked work standards its very unethical. And the moment you bring something to HR Dept. you are a target.
The pay scale is horrible as well as their hiring practices. They fire good employees and the bad employees are kept for years to poison other staff and community residents.
I DO NOT recommend applying with this company.
Pros
Meet wonderful people within the communities
Cons
See above- + all older buildings
September 17, 2015

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Our team members are very important to us. We will continue to do everything we can in following our Platinum Service philosophy. Thank for providing your feedback.

The Goodman Group is a great place to work and apply your knowledge in a caring, entrepreneurial environment.
National Director Public Relations (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNMarch 23, 2014
I really enjoy the scope and variety of my job, supporting both corporate and communities on public relations, community relations and communications projects. It is also a pleasure to work with a team of experienced, dedicated and caring professionals. I have the opportunity to apply my background in public relations, communications and hospitality, to develop programs, tools and processes to support and guide our communities in their efforts. Being a private company, also offers the opportunity to be innovative and collaborative with your team, management and other co-workers. Decisions can typically be made quicker than in a larger company. I continue to enjoy learning about the senior living and healthcare industry, and seeing first-hand the positive impact our work has to helping others.
Pros
Private Office, Covered Parking option, Easy Commute
Cons
Great place to work, great employees, and a great atmosphere
Help Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNMarch 20, 2014
The Goodman Group has some very good employees who are hard workers, but also make the job enjoyable. The company provides room for advancement from within and has several people that have climbed the ladder.

A very professional place to work with a group of professional co-workers that also are easy to get along with.
Pros
Great co-workers, promote within, fair compensation, learning potential off the charts
Cons
some travel
Great Environment to work and grow in.
Director of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNMarch 20, 2014
In my time with The Goodman Group I have had the opportunity to grow as a professional in many different ways. This is a great company for someone who cares about what they do and takes pride in how they do it.
Pros
Co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Goodman Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight