The Grand Healthcare System

The Grand Healthcare System Employee Reviews

United States265 reviews

residentfacilitynursingnursecnasmandateadministrationadministrator

Busy

The company is not bad however they could off alternative housing options and a food stipend and overall be more travel worker friendly and offer additional training for employees based on what their companies or building need. The locations you are placed to work could be welcoming of the travel staff and offer better orientations.

Over worked and severely under staffed

The grand is a company focused on its profits more then the care and well being of their residents. They put profit over basic needs and many times residents are left with little to no care,medication or supervision. The work culture is poor and the way the staff is treated is distasteful. Many of the residents are often neglected due to the lack of staff and abundance of admissions while knowing they have no staff. The small amount of staff employed there are often spread so then they have to manage multiple floors. Which is unsafe for the nurses and cnas.

The Grand Healthcare System insights

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

What is the best part of working at the company?The patient are the best thing there to help.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The people who run this facility do not care about there staff or how there resident well being is important.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The work environment is stressful and there is a mix culture of staff and resident.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Working hard and not feeling appreciate.

What is the best part of working at the company?I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at Robinson Terrace there resident are not getting right care because no staffing very up unprofessional they treat there employees unfair What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No staff it's an very stressfully What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Environment not good What is a typical day like for you at the company?Making sure resident are being properly

Just not worth it

The higher ups talk to staff as if they have no education the DON is very disrespectful and they only have one in house union rep who doesn’t even care enough to fight for you if your sick I suggest you still go to work and not even bother they don’t offer sick time until a year after employment meaning if your in the hospital with a doctors note they won’t cover those hours you missed with sick time or PTO until that year mark passes they offer no bonuses and your pretty much always working short staffed or alone some times without a nurse the health , vision and , dental plans are a joke just a horrible job if you ask me

Overworked no home/work balance

The management and nursing staff are very nice, but there are times when everyone is expected to pick up extra shifts on a regular basis. There is always more work to get done, that is not part of your job description.

Pros

Interesting work, great people

Cons

Many people quit, not paid enough, no job security

This facility stands out as a great place to work

Staff here are very caring, many of them have worked here for many years. The Sky is the limit for this facility! All department heads are focused on their employees and how to best care for these residents.

Pros

Positive culture, always thinking about staff

Nothing good

Company doesn’t care about the employees. No work live balance. Make promises that they don’t keep they don’t care if they don’t have staff to work they continue to bring in residents knowing that no one can care for them

overworked underpaid

Too much turnover among nursing management and nursing staff. And too much drama between coworkers on all levels of staff. Leads to a lack of care for patients.

Good workplace

Great environment. Staff are nice, members of the interdisciplinary team work together and HR is accommodating to shifts. Working here helped me jumpstart my experience as a new nurse. Of course no workplace is perfect but I would come back here.

Position hired for does not exist

No communication. No training. Poor management. The grand hired me for a position that does not exist. Management does not respond to issues whatsoever.

We work here like a family.

The Grand is one of the best place to work. I’m just completing 1 year in The Grand. My goal is to make the Grand “Grand”. Our goal is to give quality of life to our elderly generations. We are committed to discharge our best to our Residents.

It is a very toxic work environment.

Employees do not feel valued there. Between a very toxic work environment and a high turnover of management staff it is very poorly run. Also pay attention to your paycheck and any pto time you are accruing they will short you every chance they get.

I enjoyed working at the Shore Winds because I loved my residents.

I worked at Shore Winds for several years. I enjoyed my time there, there was good staff and bad staff. I have been discriminated against by my Nurse Manager who then became the DON. I reported her and nothing happened. They value the nurses over the aIdes and you have to work very hard. I worked my unit by myself several times, I took the good with the bad and just worked it out. I’m not a complainer I just loved my residents.

Pros

Lots of overtime

Cons

Short staffed and the nurses are too privileged

the residents and employees are amazing

corporate seems to know absolutely nothing about Assisted living and How very different Department of Health rules are, They dont seem to be able to learn or even care, They don't seem to be the least bit interested in residents or their quality of life

Pros

pretty nice staff when you can get people to work for almost nothing.

Cons

Corporate only wants to fill beds and make money., They dont seem to care wether a person is apprpriate for the facility or not.

No staff to care for residents. Refuse to increase pay grade to acquire staff, so the residents suffer! Poor place to work or send an elder.

I worked at this facility briefly and was terminated due to standing up to the administrator regarding staffing. The residents in this facility really suffer due to staffing issues which lead to neglect. A body is a body meaning they hire agency staff but do not hold them accountable for their work.

Terrible place to work.

Chestnut Park has very poor management. The administrator doesn’t care about staff at all. The pay is lousy. The benefits here are terrible, meanwhile other sites have better bens and 401K. Corporate is pretty much absent. The facility is run down. Housekeeping is a joke. The break room and staff bathrooms are filthy!!!!!! Horrible! Do better!!! Resigning was the best thing I ever did.

So many things are wrong. Short staffed pays poorly. Tenure doesn’t matter. Management does not care about anything but themselves

The only thing great is the residents. Sadly they are treated so poorly due to the under staffing. It’s a job of who you know and not what you know. Your time spent with the company does not matter. There shinning star means nothing. Your tenure is not valued

Pros

The residents

Cons

Poor leaders

When you love what you do, you never work a day in your life.

Working here at The Grand is a tell all example of “if you love what you do, you never work a day in your life”, and I absolutely believe that’s true.

Pros

Excellent Management/Directors

Good hours, poor management

They work around your schedule if you have a second job or in school. They are always open for picking up hours. There is no cap on overtime hours. But the management sucks. They have their favorites and it is obvious and if you do not kiss up to them, they will write you up for every little thing

Great people to work with

I loved working with my coworkers and helping the residents. The most difficult thing was you never knew when you would be able to leave because of the mandations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Grand Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits